PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Games: Any Regrets?

Ninja Scroll
04-05-2002, 11:04 AM
Since you all bought your Xbox consoles and all those games to go with it, out of all the games you have (or had) which one,.. or which ones do you regret purchasing and still own or returned?

I have six titles: Halo, DOA3, WWF RAW, Genam Onimusha, Max Payne, & just bought GUNVALKYRIE.

I am happy with all of my choices except for that sorry ass overated Max Lame.
Though VAN-XBA warned my ass I was still bold enough to waist my cheese (money) on this game.
Sad thing about it is I still have it!:confused:
I was very disapointed with RAW but Max Lame was the iceing on da cake.:o

How about you addicts? What mistakes did you all make wit hyour gaming choices?:)

l Maximus l
04-05-2002, 11:06 AM
Bloodwake, hands down :(

The only game I owned and got rid of! I wouldn't even use the game as a beer coaster! :(

silvertrace
04-05-2002, 11:08 AM
silent hill 2.......they saw me coming a mile away.......i better pay off my late fee @ blockbuster............:(

~nVidia~
04-05-2002, 11:09 AM
I REALLY screwed up with my purchase of Wreckless.

God, I returned that game soooo fast.

What a lame ass game!!!

but....

thats the only one for me!!

Spaztic
04-05-2002, 11:09 AM
I have had a few games that i didn't care for the first being PGR, this game I felt was really lame, so I returned it. The difficulty level was not challanging but more annoying!

Also JSRF this game is definatly cool to see but as you get further into it, it seems that you are doing the same thing in different worlds. Overall I am glad I bought the game because I haven't played it much and would have never finished it w/ a rental!

Spaztic
04-05-2002, 11:11 AM
Bloodwake, hands down

I agree this game is a discrace even as a beer coaster! I rented this game got half way though it in about 30 mins and then returned it. I told BB that it is broken!

MixMasta
04-05-2002, 11:17 AM
i would say amped.....

i bought it a month before christmas trying to make sure my parents would get me an XBOX. it just isnt that fun, its cool and a good snowboarding game but the game just gets too frustrating. but it still sits under my copy of fuzion frenzy(good multiplayer, but where is the single player experience??) maybe when i have beat all my current games and am a little bored i'll pick it up agian and start playing!:rolleyes:

l Maximus l
04-05-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by MixMasta
i would say amped.....

i bought it a month before christmas trying to make sure my parents would get me an XBOX. it just isnt that fun, its cool and a good snowboarding game but the game just gets too frustrating. but it still sits under my copy of fuzion frenzy(good multiplayer, but where is the single player experience??) maybe when i have beat all my current games and am a little bored i'll pick it up agian and start playing!:rolleyes:

Wow, that is really strange! Amped is my #3 game I own, only third to Halo and Rallisport! I own 11 games and I LOVE Amped! The control scheme is a little challenging at first, but, once you get passed that, it's, by far, the best snowboarding game I have ever played. Personally, I love the control scheme!

Ninja Scroll
04-05-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by silvertrace
silent hill 2.......they saw me coming a mile away.......i better pay off my late fee @ blockbuster............:(

Silent Hill 2 sucked? I have not heard the greatest of things about this game, wow!
I was thinking about getting it once it gets a must needed price drop!

silvertrace
04-05-2002, 11:35 AM
its not so much that it sucked....it just takes 2 days to beat and then ur left with a game that has no replay value...definite renter

MaddenFanatic
04-05-2002, 11:36 AM
Wreckless has to be my biggest disappointment...
i enjoyed playing that for maybe the first two or three days i had it.
The visual look of the game does not make up enough for the actual game...
I am not one to trade in games or sell them, but unlike Maximus maybe ill use mine for a beer coaster...

GRAVEDIGGER
04-05-2002, 11:57 AM
Well sadly the Digger wasted mad bread on WWF Flaw:mad:...hmm..basicly for me hands down that took the cake, i really thought that this game was going to blow away the competition, but all it blew was my ****, well then again there was my purchase of James Bond EA Under Fire, this game dissapointed me greatly. So basicly those are the only 2 games that currently occupy my graveyard.

Untill next time...:mad:

darianX
04-05-2002, 12:05 PM
Well, I've traded in quite a few games so far because I was finished playing them, but only 1 that I regret buying - Cel Damage. Every trailer and review made it sound so fun and hilarious but that game got old after 10 minutes.

I traded Halo, Munch, Obi-Wan, Genma Onimusha, Silent Hill and Cel Damage...still have Amped, PGR, DOA3, Wreckless, All Star Baseball, NHL Hitz, JSRF, Gunvalkyrie, Spy Hunter and Raw.

l Maximus l
04-05-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by darianX
Well, I've traded in quite a few games so far because I was finished playing them, but only 1 that I regret buying - Cel Damage. Every trailer and review made it sound so fun and hilarious but that game got old after 10 minutes.

I traded Halo, Munch, Obi-Wan, Genma Onimusha, Silent Hill and Cel Damage...still have Amped, PGR, DOA3, Wreckless, All Star Baseball, NHL Hitz, JSRF, Gunvalkyrie, Spy Hunter and Raw.

Uh...you traded...uh....Halo? :eek:

MixMasta
04-05-2002, 12:40 PM
i hope that him trading halo was a typo and that he didnt actually trade it. if he traded it that would be crazy!!!!

thunderkiss2k1
04-05-2002, 12:47 PM
The only game I regret buying is Raw. As for James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire: To me , its a good game. The controls take a little getting used to, but other than that, I like it. Peace.

JimmieDoogan
04-05-2002, 12:50 PM
Blood Wake and New Legends, I took both back to each of the respective stores and got something better. Well... I got Nightcaster for Blood Wake (which is a better trade, but not by much) but I got JSRF for New Legends!!! JSRF FOR NEW LEGENDS. Quite a trade if you ask me. Both of those games sucked @$$ and wouldn't recomend them to anyone. A shame... I was so looking forward to New Legends. Had a great premise. To hell I say!

ScorpionX
04-05-2002, 12:50 PM
I regret buying Wreckless(the worst game ever on Xbox) and Max Payne. I am glad I traded them all.

Woocifer
04-05-2002, 12:52 PM
UFC...15 minutes after getting it, I pawned it off. Wreckless...after 1 day and having it 75% complete, I wanted to kick it in the junk...but it doesn't have junk...so I got rid of it.

Strider_32002
04-05-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by GRAVEDIGGER
Well sadly the Digger wasted mad bread on WWF Flaw:mad:...hmm..basicly for me hands down that took the cake, i really thought that this game was going to blow away the competition, but all it blew was my ****, well then again there was my purchase of James Bond EA Under Fire, this game dissapointed me greatly. So basicly those are the only 2 games that currently occupy my graveyard.

JAMES BOND! THIS JAMES BOND GAME ROCKS! GREAT MULTIPLAYER, FUN LEVELS! ALL NEW TIGHT TRIP MINES COMPLETE WITH LAZERS! BOTS IN MULTIPLAYER! IT IS ALMOST BETTER THAN GOLDENEYE! ALMOST! ON A SCALE OF 1-10 I GIVE IT A 10! AND THE CONTROL IS EXCELLENT, SIMMAILAR TO HALO. AND ALSO, WHILE WE ARE ON THE SUBJECT, THAT GUY WHO TRADED IN HALO. WHAT WERE U THINKING! DO U LIKE NOT HAVE FRIENDS TO MULTIPLAY WITH OR SOMETHING? AS FOR MY DISSAPOINTMENT, I THINK WRECKLESS AND AZURIK RISE OF PERAITHIA WERE MY DISAPOINTMENTS, OTHER THAN THAT, ITS ALL GOOD!

Ninja Scroll
04-05-2002, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by darianX

That's it, not only did he sayu he traded the classic Halo,.. but also my game Genma Onimusha!!!:confused: :eek: :confused:
darianX has obviously wrote a few typo's like someone else said, or he hs flipped his ever loving wig!!!
:o

Shame on you junior! shame, shame...:( .. now you must DIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Who's with me? DarianX must die!!!!!!!:D

Ninja Scroll
04-05-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace
its not so much that it sucked....it just takes 2 days to beat and then ur left with a game that has no replay value...definite renter

Oh,.. okay,.. thanks for da heads up silvertrace!:)
If it ever drops to,..hmm, like $29.99 I might give it a shot at a weekend worth of action!;)

Strider_32002
04-05-2002, 01:31 PM
He should die, lol

Spike Minoda
04-05-2002, 01:33 PM
I don't like afds. i took it back the same day. you cant even invert thyself

GRAVEDIGGER
04-05-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Strider_32002

JAMES BOND! THIS JAMES BOND GAME ROCKS! GREAT MULTIPLAYER, FUN LEVELS! ALL NEW TIGHT TRIP MINES COMPLETE WITH LAZERS! BOTS IN MULTIPLAYER! IT IS ALMOST BETTER THAN GOLDENEYE! ALMOST! ON A SCALE OF 1-10 I GIVE IT A 10! AND THE CONTROL IS EXCELLENT, SIMMAILAR TO HALO. AND ALSO, WHILE WE ARE ON THE SUBJECT, THAT GUY WHO TRADED IN HALO. WHAT WERE U THINKING! DO U LIKE NOT HAVE FRIENDS TO MULTIPLAY WITH OR SOMETHING? AS FOR MY DISSAPOINTMENT, I THINK WRECKLESS AND AZURIK RISE OF PERAITHIA WERE MY DISAPOINTMENTS, OTHER THAN THAT, ITS ALL GOOD!

LoL...dam son, it aint that serious, and BTW you see that caps lock on your computer?, BURN IT!:mad: then when it's all discombobilated, send it here so i can then procede to bury it!
...Jeezz son:confused:

But hey, Welcome to XBA forums

E-Xbox
04-05-2002, 02:23 PM
no regrets....
the only game i regret...but not really is...
dave mirras 2 ..but i got it for really cheap...like 20 usd
and in the end i traded it for ID 2002...
so therefore i dont regret it...
hehe...

peace

Strider_32002
04-05-2002, 02:25 PM
ebox, we meet again, lol, I still dispise that Oompa Loompa, if i had a gun, and a oompa loompa right now!:mad: :eek:

Strider_32002
04-05-2002, 02:27 PM
And one more thing, what is ID2002? It dont ring any bells!:eek:

l Maximus l
04-05-2002, 02:50 PM
And one more thing, what is ID2002? It dont ring any bells!:eek:

ID2002 is probably Inside Drive 2002, it's a National Basketball Association game published by Microsoft :)

Strider_32002
04-05-2002, 02:52 PM
i see, thanks

Strider_32002
04-05-2002, 02:54 PM
When Morrowind comes out I plan to trade my Wreckless, and like $10 to Gamestop for it, is that a good deal, or do i need to rack up more money?

silvertrace
04-05-2002, 02:56 PM
i wouldn't plan on gettin 40 bucks for a used game......i'd bet on half that............reality is the second door to the left........

:)

Ninja Scroll
04-05-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox
no regrets....
the only game i regret...but not really is...
dave mirras 2 ..but i got it for really cheap...like 20 usd
and in the end i traded it for ID 2002...
so therefore i dont regret it...
hehe...

peace

Yo E-Xbox, if I were you (EH!) I would regret getting that crappy ass basketball game Inside Drowning,..er... I mean Drive 2002 and return dat sommama beeeootch back and trade it in for the best d@mn b-ball game ever known to man in Sega Sports NBA 2K2 foe sho!! :D

Jon27
04-05-2002, 04:00 PM
dave mirra and raw,

Ninja Scroll
04-05-2002, 04:03 PM
When Morrowind comes out I plan to trade my Wreckless, and like $10 to Gamestop for it, is that a good deal, or do i need to rack up more money?

Like silvertrace said, aint no way in da roody poo hell your getting $40.00 for used game junior! ;)

The key is to return the game (depending on where you bought it) back in time.

Like Sofware ect./Babbages will give you 1 whole week to return the game for a return in full ($50.00) or a trade for a new game.

EB will give you a sweet ass 2 f'n weeks to play your game and if you dont like it you can return it. but the trick with them is you can get your money back. You have a 1 time trade and it will be indicated on your reciept once you trade for the new game. So make sure with EB that you trade for something that you really want because you cant return that game no matter what!

But wit major electronic stores like Best Buy or Circuit City you got to tell them the games defected to return it.
i used to be famous for this trick!:D

:)

Calve
04-05-2002, 04:14 PM
RAW!!!!!! Took it back and got DOA3!!!!

And everyone says Dave Mirra 2 sucks!!!!!

The game kicks ass!!!!!

Peace

darianX
04-05-2002, 04:19 PM
Yes, its true, I traded Halo after I finished it. Ya see, I don't have broadband and was told I never will. 2 days ago, I find out cable modems are available in my neighborhood....DOH!! Oh well, such is life. I probably would only play Halo online a few times anyway then get tired of it. That's the way it was with every game I ever played online...I guess I'm more of the loner/single player type. Halo did suck me in playing single player, but then it was over, and I had boatloads of other games to finish. Right now I'm duking it out with Gunvalkyrie...that game positively rocks :)

Master Gracey
04-05-2002, 06:25 PM
My friends rented Nightcaster and I watched them play it... I feel ripped off of those precious moments of my life that I could've spent admiring the way water spirals down the toilet.

They rented it because the company who made it, VR1, is in Boulder, Colorado and we went to school with three people who work there. We never liked them because they got these huge egos after they got their jobs and felt like they couldn't talk to anyone at the school anymore because they were so good. Well, they all worked on Nightcaster, they're all in the voice credits for Nightcaster, and it's a POS game... so who's got the last laugh now? :D

I also played JSRF at their house and the only thing that made me feel like it wasn't a total ripoff was that I found out that I like strange Japanese music... the game itself was boring.

DIGITAL
04-05-2002, 06:55 PM
azurik is the only game i regret buying,bought it for my little brother for his birthday an he hated it as much as me,then i went thru hell trying to return it at target,i actually got into a fist fight with a manger cause i told him the game didnt work an he told me to bad to call the company that made the game an i threw the game in his face,well seeing that i almost went to jail azurik i really regret,i get sick when ever i see that game in the store

GRAVEDIGGER
04-05-2002, 07:43 PM
And everyone says Dave Mirra 2 sucks!!!!!

The game kicks ass!!!!!-Calve

Well, sorry Calve cant agree with you here, i dont see in hell nor high water me liking Dave Mirra 2...to me the game is pretty sorry, what do you find so interesting about this game anyways? Now Tony Hawk P.S. 3 on the other hand, i can feel dat.

2k2freak23
04-06-2002, 12:44 AM
MADDEN 2002. It's an ok game but i plan on trading it in for HALO.:D

Dre
04-06-2002, 03:13 AM
See... now here in Canada a game is usually 80 bucks. Pretty steep.. thats why I think you should ALWAYS rent a game prior to purchase. No matter what the reviews say, you just never know! Unless of course its something like Project Ego.. then you should be camping in your mall waiting for the store to open... hehehe. But seriously, games like Genma Onimusha and Blood Omen 2 were great... but I beat them with only 5$ rentals. I loved playing them, but I would of been cheezed buying a game only to play it for 2-3 days and then let it collect dust.

Oh, and a bit off topic.. WHAT THE HELL where those developers of Blood Omen 2 thinking when they didn't put a skip cinematic button in the game?? BLOODY RETARDED!

Lates

Afro Aura
04-06-2002, 07:21 AM
Well I have to say Blood Wake has got to be the worst game I've ever bought well thats a lie NASCAR Heat is the worst game I've ever bought it just stands on top of that Blood Wake as the crapest game I've ever had in my collection, good thing there not their anymore

Kooster
04-06-2002, 12:00 PM
Max Payne YUCK! I returned this game a few hours after I bought it. I told the people at customer service that it was broken!

Plewis
04-06-2002, 01:06 PM
i regret bloodwake and DOA3... DOA3 took a weekend... and I only played it like 30 min a night. It is only fun multiplayer... and who has time to play DOA3 with their friends when they have the ultimate HALO! Bloodwake... what can I say... played it 3 times and hated it. I traded DOA3 for THPS2x... and I love Tony Hawk now:cool:

No Fear 23
04-06-2002, 07:39 PM
i really like max payne, but it was too short for me and didnt make me want to play it again:( it was a watse of money, should've rent it for 5 bucks

Brevity
04-06-2002, 09:24 PM
Shh I think I hear something,,,,,,,AZURIK. EA'a NBA game, Obiwon, there R other sucky games but these are all the ones I rented and had to take back.

dude
04-06-2002, 10:15 PM
The control scheme is a little challenging at first, but, once you get passed that, it's, by far, the best snowboarding game I have ever played.

amen brother.

Highlite23
04-06-2002, 10:18 PM
New Legends...went back the same day i bought it.

Dre
04-07-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Brevity
Shh I think I hear something,,,,,,,AZURIK. EA'a NBA game, Obiwon, there R other sucky games but these are all the ones I rented and had to take back.

Every game I rent I have to take back ;)

Ninja Scroll
04-07-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by highlite23
New Legends...went back the same day i bought it.

So far it looks like the lead games to get returned to their original places in the game store are:

New Legends, Azurik, Max Lame, and the much hated BloodWack,..er.. I mea Wake!:D

Im surpised I dont see Shrek & the worse Xbox game of them all in Kabuki Warriors on anyones list?

i guess everyone was smart enough not to lay their hard earned money on sorry ass games we already knew of.

the reason why I think BloodWake is on most peoples return list is because of Microsoft's huge commecial TV ads for the game that most people thought the game looked awesome,.,. .. poor addicts:( That game blows!
I wonder if anyone who bought this game played the OXM demo disc first? Man, I was never soooo bored by a demo in my life!

Strider_32002
04-07-2002, 11:25 AM
kabuki warriors hahahahaha, that game is like $10 lol.:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Strider_32002
04-07-2002, 11:30 AM
Brevity your signature put me in a trance, i just sat their and watched it about 5 times.

04-07-2002, 11:38 AM
I regret buying Munch's oddysee and Blood Omen 2. Blood Omen 2 is just a renter in my opinion. I'm going to trade them in and get Rallisport

Strider_32002
04-07-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by guest
I regret buying Munch's oddysee and Blood Omen 2. Blood Omen 2 is just a renter in my opinion. I'm going to trade them in and get Rallisport

Good call

Brevity
04-07-2002, 03:14 PM
Brevity your signature put me in a trance, i just sat their and watched it about 5 times.
Thanks dude your like the only person to comment on it. I found it by accident one day and added the little comments later. Anyway you need one too. Look in google if you cant make one your self. Thanks again.

Brevity
04-07-2002, 03:16 PM
Put your pic in like this [IMG]your url[/IMG ] without the space