PDA

View Full Version : favorite halo map..........

silvertrace
04-05-2002, 11:51 AM
whats ur favorite multiplayer map and why....just curious......and yes, i'm kinda bored......

JJaX
04-05-2002, 11:53 AM
Hang em high + Blood Gulch

l Maximus l
04-05-2002, 12:01 PM
Man, if I had to only say one, I would say Hang Em High, but, that's a tough one.

As JJaX said, I like Blood Gulch, too, however, it seems to come and go as my favorite. At first, I LOVED it! Then, I grew to hate it, now I love it again! It probably is, however, the best level for huge multi-player games, whether for Team Slayer or CTF out of all of them.

silvertrace
04-05-2002, 12:05 PM
i gotta say that hang em high is overall the best map.....its awesome for ctf games.......u got snipers on the floor and it gives the level a new feel.......(stays tru to its name)......but for slayer i gotta go with derelict.......its compact and everything is accessible......and i just love sniping unsuspecting newbs as they go thru warps.............:p

JJaX
04-05-2002, 12:08 PM
Derelect is good for just rockets + odd man out rules...

l Maximus l
04-05-2002, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Derelect is good for just rockets + odd man out rules...

Oh man...Derelict Rockets with about 8 dudes is Armegeddon! I also like Prisoner with just Rockets. It's an entirely different game :D

silvertrace
04-05-2002, 12:10 PM
WHAT?????........try posting up by the rockets and don't let fools get to em..........thats why the sniper rules there......u can't get upstairs, u can't get the rocket launcher.......:cool:

l Maximus l
04-05-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace
WHAT?????........try posting up by the rockets and don't let fools get to em..........thats why the sniper rules there......u can't get upstairs, u can't get the rocket launcher.......:cool:

Dude, all I'm saying is that Derelict is an entirely different game with only Rockets. It's d a m n fun! I know what you mean in regards to the regular game.

Personally, I swapped out the stupid plasma guns as the starting weapon for Derelict. I hate the plasma gun that you have to charge up. The rapid fire plasma gun can be nice, though :) However, in Team Slayer, I like to start it off with the pistol and Rifle

silvertrace
04-05-2002, 12:18 PM
startin with the pistol is a prerequisite......i gotta have it.....playin all rockets is cool, but playin with shottys and no shields is a bloodbath.......turn the respawn to instant and rack up on killtaculars.....i'm gettin all tingly inside thinking bout it......"sigh"

god i luv my box......:)

l Maximus l
04-05-2002, 12:21 PM
startin with the pistol is a prerequisite......i gotta have it.....playin all rockets is cool, but playin with shottys and no shields is a bloodbath.......turn the respawn to instant and rack up on killtaculars.....i'm gettin all tingly inside thinking bout it......"sigh"

god i luv my box......:)

Yeah! I've played Derelict with only Shotguns and no shields several times, too. While I was playing on Gamespy, a dude nicknamed "SpartanWarrior" would always host that game to start off with. He's a dude in the Dallas, TX area with a great connection! No lag for me even while being in Seattle :)

silvertrace
04-05-2002, 12:25 PM
so when we played last nite and i hosted did u lag severely?......never got a chance to really discuss.........sure would like a 1 vs1 to take the title back to the east coast...hmmmmmmm

JJaX
04-05-2002, 12:26 PM
so when we played last nite and i hosted did u lag severely?......never got a chance to really discuss.........sure would like a 1 vs1 to take the title back to the east coast...hmmmmmmm

Bwahahhaah, you hosted and lost...
And you wanna play JJaX!

BWAHHAHAHAH

silvertrace
04-05-2002, 12:28 PM
actually i owned.......thought max had a toddler on the box

l Maximus l

I lagged some. It seemed to only lag at those "prime" killing moments...like close encounters where if you lag it equals death to your Master Cheif :(

By the way, you need to play against JJaX who lives in Dirty Jersey. That dude has some serious Halo skills. Even I hesitate challenging that guy. No joke! He's the dude posting here with us in this thread :)

squid413
My fave level is hang em high for slayer. Wizard for Rocket Launchers. and boarding action for snipers.

silvertrace
and jjax is welcome to try his luck.....and post the score in here....:p

JJaX
04-05-2002, 12:30 PM
and jjax is welcome to try his luck.....and post the score in here....:p

Ill remember you said that......Cause your gonna wanna forget you said it.

hell ill take screen shots when im done with you and make it my siggy....

l Maximus l
04-05-2002, 12:31 PM
actually i owned.......thought max had a toddler on the box

lol, dude...when you hosted, I lost...and, when I hosted, I won. It's tough to play all the way across the United States. But, I strongly recommend playing against JJaX. That will quiet you down! :D hehe

Also, his buddy Shererboat and NIK2Deep are also a force to reckon with. In fact, if you get all three of those dudes playing against you as opponents, it's Armegedon, man!!! :D

l Maximus l
04-05-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by squid413
My fave level is hang em high for slayer. Wizard for Rocket Launchers. and boarding action for snipers.

Good call on Boarding action Snipers. That level can be really fun, espeically for FFA-Snipers with a lot of people :D

Wizard is great fun for Oddball, too :D

silvertrace
04-05-2002, 12:33 PM
we can play tonite jjax......u can bring ur posse......no matter to me....the result will be the same.......:)

and btw.......3 shot rule is in effect....i don't play for 2nd:)

JJaX
04-05-2002, 12:34 PM
we can play tonite jjax......u can bring ur posse......no matter to me....the result will be the same.......:)

and btw.......3 shot rule is in effect....i don't play for 2nd:)

3 shot rule? Play for second? Explain

l Maximus l
04-05-2002, 12:35 PM
JJaX...by the way, Silvertrace is a great opponent...and, yes, he's good. He's also fun to play against and doesn't talk too much trash to p!ss you off. He's actually a fun guy to play against.

Hey, Silvertrace...don't think I'm letting my gaurd down :D Just sharing some info with JJaX as he gets tired of trash talkers pretty easily, especially after he whips the crap out of them. And, rightly so...I can't stand trash flingers all of the time either. :)

silvertrace
04-05-2002, 12:36 PM
3 shot rule with the pistol...........meaning i only need 3 shots for the kill......dont' worry u'll see first hand......u'll also see me hump u like a dog in heat.........hehehehehee.......

lets make a bet.....loser has to put the score in their sig for a week...u skeered?

l Maximus l
04-05-2002, 12:38 PM
3 shot rule with the pistol...........meaning i only need 3 shots for the kill......dont' worry u'll see first hand......u'll also see me hump u like a dog in heat.........hehehehehee.......

lets make a bet.....loser has to put the score in their sig for a week...u skeered?

lol...to make it fair, JJaX should host three games and Silvertrace should host 3 games.

I don't know if you have any idea what you are getting into, Silvertrace. I would seriously play as your best if you want to beat JJaX. No joke, dude....just giving you a heads up. :D

silvertrace
04-05-2002, 12:41 PM
why would i fear anyone.....i own all, and jjax won't be the exception.....i just can't wait to pimp him out to the forum.....

JJaX
04-05-2002, 12:42 PM
I only play online at my friends, Ill see if i can stop by there quick fast and bust you up real quick before i go out tonight. What time you gonna be on silver???

Dude, you dont even know....You dont even know.....

Even when peeps from my squad try fighting me they quit after my 10-0 Lead. And this is LAn play. Your so done, You dont even know man....

l Maximus l
04-05-2002, 12:43 PM
why would i fear anyone.....i own all, and jjax won't be the exception.....i just can't wait to pimp him out to the forum.....

Dude, I'm just giving you a heads up. I beat you when I hosted last night, therefore, I'm sure it had to lag as it did for me when you hosted. But, JJaX is, atleast, on the same coast, so, lagging shouldn't be as much of a problem.

I'm upgrading my connection tomorrow, so, maybe next time it will be less lag when we play again :)

silvertrace
04-05-2002, 12:44 PM
i can try to work around ur schedule, its no big deal when we play......just as long as we do......there only room for 1 halo-god on the east coast......and he is I am him, slim with da tilted brim, whats my muthafing name.........hehehehhehehehe

u got aol, the screen name is silvertrace......

JJaX
04-05-2002, 12:45 PM
What time u gonna be on Silver.....

silvertrace
04-05-2002, 12:47 PM
just tell me the time....i can get on to play anytime.......lemme know when u think ur gonna be at ur friends.......

i might just pop a tape in the vcr for this.......would love to make copies and pass em out........hahahhahahahahhaaa

JJaX
04-05-2002, 12:48 PM
Time confirmed...

6:00 EST

Be there, IRC #XBC

Well do 1 on 1

Ill host one you host one.

Cause i dont wanna make my friend sit and watch me kick your ass all night.

silvertrace
04-05-2002, 12:51 PM
thats not good for me......i was hoping for sometime later.......can we push it back to like 9 ?????

JJaX
04-05-2002, 12:54 PM
thats not good for me......i was hoping for sometime later.......can we push it back to like 9 ?????

Depends if we decide to chill there. depends what we get into tonight.....

silvertrace
04-05-2002, 12:55 PM
i'll check in on mIRC later and see if ur on......if not no biggie......there is plenty of time to play....besides....i like building up the drama......hehehehheheheheee

JJaX
04-05-2002, 12:58 PM
i'll check in on mIRC later and see if ur on......if not no biggie......there is plenty of time to play....besides....i like building up the drama......hehehehheheheheee

Your gonna feel like the biggest tool when you get stomped....

silvertrace
04-05-2002, 01:01 PM
ready u are not.................hehehehehhee.....i luv star wars

JJaX
04-05-2002, 01:03 PM
Ill Fuk yoda up too

silvertrace
04-05-2002, 01:04 PM
hahahahahhahahahaa......nuff man....lets save it for the game....later playa

JJaX
04-05-2002, 01:04 PM
Peace

Spike Minoda
04-05-2002, 01:20 PM
Mine's gotta be Blood gulch. I guess it is because it was the first map i ever played on...

I am probably least efficient on sidewinder, because i am not familliar with it.

Huckleberry
04-05-2002, 01:29 PM
nothing beats the blood pressure rise that comes with playing 16 man ctf in hang 'em high. it takes so much coordination, team work, and evasive running to score that we've had games go 1 1/2 hours for 5 flags.

blood gulch is probably my next favorite level, but it seems so much easier to survive there. heh is contained, but not like longest. prisoner is definitely a great level, too, maxy...probably my favorite one for rockets only slayer.

for two on two anything i love longest...it's impossible to avoid contact in there. and about the only way i've found to really enjoy sidewinder is team slayer w/only snipers

l Maximus l
04-05-2002, 01:44 PM
Huckleberry...I agree! Prisoner FFA Rockets is sweet! I like playing when there are about 6 dudes. Fun Fun Fun :D

I like about 8 dudes with Derelict FFA Rockets!

I love playing Hang Em High FFA Rockets with about 12 people. Hang Em High never looked the same after that match! :D

E-Xbox
04-05-2002, 02:38 PM
OVERALL - HANG EM HIGH
CTF - BLOOD GULCH
ROCKETS - DERELICT
SNIPERS - SIDEWINDER

THERE!

peace...

Boju
04-05-2002, 03:08 PM
My two favourite maps are Hang Em' High.......and Battle Creek!

Me and E-Xbox always play those two levels when we play together as a team!

E-Xbox
04-05-2002, 03:19 PM
yo boju!
u comin ova tonite rite?
we gonna play maxy...
hes gonna have 4 peeps on his box...

Plewis
04-05-2002, 05:30 PM
my favorite is probably derelict. I played that 1v1 with my friend last night... and its really easy to find the other person... but a lot harder to just kill them. The healthpack in the middle is cool... I love to make a run for it when my friend is trying to snipe. So many great memories at that level

second favorite is blood gultch. its perfect for capture the flag... and there are so many places to snipe. I love to go 1v1 driving the warthogs.

least favorite chiron:( its too confusing!

Alien
04-05-2002, 09:06 PM
The Longest, Hang 'Em High, and of course, Blood Gulch

Yannie Boy
04-09-2002, 09:59 AM
Sidewinder and Prisoner (that level will three floors)

The Reverend
04-09-2002, 02:05 PM
It honestly depends on the mood and the crowd. Boarding action is one of my favorites when playing with my roomies and a few others. 4 on 4 mostly (the corners aren't the key to this level by the way, patience is) On Mondays we play Hang'em High and I have grown to love this level also. The only prob is that once someone spawns, they can take a few steps and start pistol sniping the other base. But for my all time favorite, it has to be Blood Gultch. Big enough where only sniper rifles can reach across (and you need skill for that) but small enough that you can see both sides. It has the hills and caves which allow for prime sniping spots, and there trully is nothing better than circling your opponents base while pistol sniping and hearing them say "where the heck is that coming from" as they spwan and die, spawn and die, spawn and die.......

Xtopia
04-09-2002, 04:31 PM
Also, his buddy Shererboat and NIK2Deep are also a force to reckon with. In fact, if you get all three of those dudes playing against you as opponents, it's Armegedon, man!!!

YA! I did a ffa @ gulch w/JJax, Nik, and Shereboat about 3 months ago! I am scared for life! But I have improved!

My favorite map is by far Blood Gulch! Man do I love that map! Im pretty good there too. You have to admit E-Box, Maximus, and Boju, I have some skills at that map!
My second favorite map is Battle Creak!:)

silvertrace
04-09-2002, 05:02 PM
funny how i never play anyone from XBA, cept maximus.......and me and him can never get a lag free game cuz we're on different coasts.....so i'll take this opportunity to "call out" all the east coast master chiefs who wanna play me.......and if i've played u and worked ur asss like a part time job, post in this thread about the thrashing i gave u.....

its good to be the KING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cool: :D :cool:

ShannonX
04-09-2002, 06:38 PM
i'd like to play some of you guys, i'm not the best, but still would be fun. (i usually play with the sniper weapons off) as i usually host and make the rules. =) Of course, i'd have to have my friend with me, we make a pretty good team, as long as we are in the same house.

my personal favorite map is The Longest. (start with machine gun, not those pansy pistols). God, thats some fun, quick killing actiion with 8 players (a few to many but thats ok) and instant respawn. Blood gulch is ok, but not really my favorite unless i'm the one with the sniper rifle. hahah.

i like rat race (my best game was there, me and another guy against 4 others, lost 50-49... *sigh*)...

I might be online this weekend, i'll check out both gamespy and xbconnect to see if i can find any of you guys, will probably be by myself though unless my roomate joins in (he's decent, pretty good with the sniper though).

I'm not going to even say i'll beat any of you, hahah, i'm not really feeling like being humiliated, i've learned my lesson in the past. =)

Well, heres to lots of online halo slaughter and hopes that i will get to play with or against some of you all.

ScorpionX
04-09-2002, 07:06 PM
Slayer: Blood Gulch
CTF: Blood Gulch
Team Slayer: Prisoner
Rockets or Snipers: Blood Gulch and Sidewinder

Aussie_18
04-10-2002, 01:11 AM
Hey dudes,

I can't believe none of you have mentioned Damnation yet...
This level is pretty sweet, especially when your at the very top with a sniper rifle and a newbie runs out infront of the waterfalls down the bottom...

LOL, they really dunno what hit em :cool:

Battle Creek is pretty kewl but it would have been nice for it to be a little bigger...

Cheers, Aussie_18

Aussie_18
04-10-2002, 01:19 AM
Hey dudes,

I can't believe none of you have mentioned Damnation yet...
This level is pretty sweet, especially when your at the very top with a sniper rifle and a newbie runs out infront of the waterfalls down the bottom...

LOL, they really dunno what hit em :cool:

Battle Creek is pretty kewl but it would have been nice for it to be a little bigger...

Cheers, Aussie_18