PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Article

Xboxfan123
04-06-2002, 01:22 AM
Here's an article about all three consoles. What do you think?

http://www.xboxs.com/XboxAu/cgi-bin/news/fullnews.cgi?newsid1018063606,40266,

E-Xbox
04-06-2002, 01:30 AM
LOL!
nice....

Toder
04-06-2002, 02:29 AM
Wow can these people see into the future or something, how do they know all of these things will happen in 2004? they probally have a majic 8 ball and asked what will happen

Dre
04-06-2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by Toder
Wow can these people see into the future or something, how do they know all of these things will happen in 2004? they probally have a majic 8 ball and asked what will happen

No... they look at sales of the consoles, market trends, etc. and try to make reasonable assumptions based on collected data. PS2's are still selling more than Xbox's in most parts of the world, so obviously their report/forecast will reflect that.

When titles such as Brute Force, Project Ego, Morrowind, etc. come out I believe Xbox sales will go up. For now there's just not enough xbox exclusive games that really turn heads. Sure there's Halo, but thats about it for now. PS2 has things like FFX, GTA3 and many others. But, its been out for over a year now so thats to be expected.

I can't wait for E3, its my opinion that Xbox will blow everyone out of the water! Sure, there's going to be some really cool games announced for the cube and ps2.. but I'm pretty sure Microsoft has a couple of things up their sleeves and some bombshells will be dropped!

Exciting times coming!

MOlsen
04-07-2002, 01:35 PM
Yeah, I mostly agree with the predictions in the article. Normally, sales of existing consoles drop prior to the introduction of the suceeding generation, so that is why the market will dip in 2004-2005, because of the expectation of the PS3 and xbox2.

One thing that I do not nessisarily agree with though is the prediction that online gaming is going to be a major driver for this round of consoles. I don't think so. For Nintendo, who targets a younger audience, this is absolutely true. I don't want my little kid out on the net playing with some potential stranger! Not with all the media focused on pedaphiles and the internet.

As for the battle between Sony and Microsoft for the audiences that are old enough for online gaming, we will see. Broadband is coming along very slowly, but can provide a gaming experience that simply can not be matched by modem technology. So I don't think that online gaming is going to dominate in the short term (2002-2004). There will be a small, highly energized market, that will provide a nice test bed for corporate experiments that will be incorporated in the future.

I don't think that Microsoft will knock Sony out of the #1 position, but agree that they will be well positioned for the future.

No Fear 23
04-07-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Dre

I can't wait for E3, its my opinion that Xbox will blow everyone out of the water!
Exciting times coming!

this may sound like a stupid azz question, what is E3??

Crazy Joe
04-07-2002, 02:51 PM
e3 = electronic entertainment expo

It's like a electronics show where companies unveil new stuff that is coming up and such. videogame companies usually reveal new games, periferals(sp?) and such.

Visit www.e3expo.com for more details.

No Fear 23
04-07-2002, 02:54 PM
thanks man!:)

Crazy Joe
04-07-2002, 02:58 PM
no problem, this site also provides lots of "information" on the E3 conference :D

http://secretx.com/babesof_e3_2001/index.html

XBOX Dude
04-07-2002, 08:01 PM
why do people do this, it's like trying to predict the weather or something

Dre
04-07-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by XBOX Dude
why do people do this, it's like trying to predict the weather or something

Because its fun to talk about things that may come to be. And, just like weather predictions, it could be right sometimes ;)

Skarp
04-08-2002, 07:48 AM
It is for people who majored in econ and realized they have nothing else to do.