PDA

View Full Version : XBOX will do OK in the UK

Afro Aura
04-06-2002, 11:39 AM
At last the guys at HMV have stop having a go at the XBOX, they have seen the light they were GC fanboys but not anymore hehehehe, yes the XBOXes have been selling well, my friend (PS2 owner) didn't have anything to say "like get rid of you XBOX, it's gonna die like the Sega Saturn" now its "I'll be down tonight and get that Rallisport on"
(if you've read any of my last posts you'll understand this)

The only thing I'm worried about is if Sony decide to put the PS2 down to £150 that might hurt the XBOX and the GC, I suppose I'll have to wait and see

How are things doing over there in the US

E-Xbox
04-06-2002, 11:49 AM
xbox is doing well in canada
and the same in the US
i am pretty sure...
every few weeks...few more of ma friends get xbox's

GokuX
04-06-2002, 05:13 PM
Yeah, the Xbox is different than either the GC or the PS2 in that alot of people don't want to just purchase it because they understandably aren't sure what to expect from MS. But as people get to play it they see and can't help but like it. That's how sales are gonna happen, like it's been said before, it's more first hand experience than advertising in magazines and what not. I think Nintendo and Sony can do mainly that and people will say "PS2, I'll buy it no matter what because the PS was so good," or "GC It's gonna have Mario, Zelda, etc I'm getting that," without ever playing the console before purchasing. MS can't really rely on that like the other 2. A friend of mine who was going to purchase a GC, I mean he was deadset on the GC. He was talking about it so much, but he is now going to get an Xbox after playing mine for so long. I didn't make any sales pitches or anything like that to him, cuz he said he was getting a GC for sure. He just comes over and plays the Xbox, and that's all it takes.

MOlsen
04-06-2002, 05:34 PM
Yep, that's the way I see it going to. Invite your PS2,GC, or PC buddies over one at a time, and let'em play. (Most of my friends are PC fans, and they don't understand why a console would be nice. Once they see it and play it, they get the picture.) It is the only way to go. My personal experience is one at a time is better than in a group, and I don't say anything like "Isn't it great, why don't you get one?". Just play, and let them play, and tell'em they can come over anytime they want to play ... as long as my wife says it's ok.