PDA

View Full Version : Mmorpg

csoldier
04-06-2002, 07:12 PM
Does anyone know if there are any definite plans for an MMORPG (massively multiplayer online RPG) for the xbox yet? I read that at it was brought up at a developer's conference about the future of RPGs, but that was all I read. I think that an MMORPG for the xbox would be awesome- no lag due to slow computers or poor graphics chips.
Anyone one else think that would be great?

kazual
04-08-2002, 08:41 PM
Unless we get a keyboard and mouse, an MMORGP Would really, really suck.

How awful would it be not to be able to communicate with other player chars?

preetz16
04-08-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by kazual
Unless we get a keyboard and mouse, an MMORGP Would really, really suck.

How awful would it be not to be able to communicate with other player chars?

Yeah, I definetly second that! I'm sure they'll come to that conclusion...especially since people pay money to play on it. I know that they need to charge for these things, but I really dislike it, I already pay for internet AND I bought Xbox and the mmorpg game! I'm sure they could take some of that profit and make it free. Hell, I wouldn't care at all of they advertised on like the chat servers, as long as it's free...

Masterchief1018
04-09-2002, 02:47 PM
Actually, a few months ago in Offical xbox Mag. It was said that a MMORPG named Dominions is currently in development for the Xbox. Also, what do you think Phantystar Online and Armada 2: Exodus are? Keyboards will not be necessary due to the Xbox Communicator, which will blow text away. It will be great to be able to express yourself better on MMORPGS!

csoldier
04-09-2002, 04:27 PM
That's good news. It'll be nice to play a great mmorpg on the xbox- the communicator will enhance the experience, especially if it has voice altering abilities (if it didn't I would always have to play as a cowboy type due to my well-defined southern accent).

Yannie Boy
04-10-2002, 11:39 AM
That would be great. Some games have some preset things you can say but it would be better to say whatever you want. Especially if someone does something stupid.