PDA

View Full Version : Is NBA 2K2 Worth Getting Even If I Have It For Dreamcast????

xboxer2002
04-06-2002, 09:53 PM
Is it just a port or are the graphics enhanced for the Xbox.I have it for Dreamcast and It Is awesome, and I was just wondering what everybody thinks of It???

silvertrace
04-06-2002, 10:04 PM
i rented nba2k2 and i was impressed.....it was more of a simulation game compared to NBA ID.......nba2k2 also had the new zone defenses that got implemented this year.....so overall its alot of fun.....it has a franchise mode and a street mode which ID don't have.....

for overall fun i liked Inside Drive though....theres nothing like swattin shots of the backboard...hehehehhehehee...but if ur looking for an awesome simulation with alot of replay u outta go with nba2k2

silvertrace
04-06-2002, 10:07 PM
jeez....didn't even comment on the graphics....:(

the graphics were good.....but they lacked compared to ID:)

Brevity
04-06-2002, 10:09 PM
I have owned/rented all three NBA games for the Xbox, and I like insidedrive all the others seem to slow. Anyway I say if you dont like something on one system and then it gets ported then you wont like it on the other system either.

wweomaniac
04-06-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace
jeez....didn't even comment on the graphics....:(

the graphics were good.....but they lacked compared to ID:)

Ya know...I rented Inside Drive and the faces looked funny. Most faces didn't look that similar but had that slight similarity that would make it ok. I guess they could fix that. The lighting wasn't that great either. The floors were also too shiny.

These are just small things aboot ID.

ID is good, but no one ever jumps to block. They just stay there waiting.

I'm not sure what the graphics are like in 2k2, but those are my only graphics issues in ID.

Plewis
04-06-2002, 11:03 PM
NBA 2K2 is great. It has depth that makes it good for a long time to come. I wouldnt recommend buying it though because NBA 2K3 is coming out this year and the graphics arent much better in the xbox version.

VenoM
04-06-2002, 11:08 PM
no..i say dont buy it since nba 2k3 is around the corner just wait a few months and it'll be out...probably fall

Ninja Scroll
04-07-2002, 10:27 AM
I own the Sega Dreamcast version of NBA 2K2 and might I add it's without a shadow of a doubt,... THE best d@mn basketball game known to man!

Dude, I never considered getting the Xbox version. Though the graphics have been a little tweaked it's still a DC port. I would only recommend NBA 2K2 to Xbox owners that never owned a dreamcast or bought the original version.
Out of all the Xbox basketball games NBA 2K2 is in a league of it's own. And I read some addicts saying it's just a simulation so get Inside Drive!! Pleeeeeease, NBA 2K2 has the opinion of "arcade" so you can have your NBA Jam style game too.
Inside Drive 2002 is garbage. But it's much better then NBA Live. But neverteless, both of those games are depressing.

Bottom line: get NBA2K2 on Xbox if you dont own the Dreamcast vesion. I you do, just wait for NBA 2K3 in November. which will include the Xbox network online multi-player.
I cant wait! :)

E-Xbox
04-07-2002, 10:59 AM
yo...
i own nba 2k2 for dc...
and i recently got nba id 2002 for xbox...

i would do what i did..and keep 2k2 for dc....and get id 2002 for xbox...
its perfect combination...

peace....

(NBA ID: 2002 has way too much blockin!)

kornavs19
04-07-2002, 03:22 PM
NBA2k2 is good. I think its a bit slow. They run slow and when u use turbo it dont get much faster. And its hard to drive for a dunk cause the defense just stands there and it stops u. But its good.

ftyards
04-08-2002, 11:47 AM
Don't get it for XBOX if you have it for DC same thing with the same graphics, it does not look different at all.

JJaX
04-08-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by ftyards
Don't get it for XBOX if you have it for DC same thing with the same graphics, it does not look different at all.

Yep, Thats why i returned mine....