PDA

View Full Version : whats up everyone!

CRAIG123
04-07-2002, 06:49 AM
sup..im new i just got my xbox 2 weeks ago with halo! its an amazing game bit short though:) :cool:

CodeMonkey
04-07-2002, 08:45 AM
Hey hi there m8, im also from wales....northwales, born in bwlchgwyn.....

welcome to the forums

MixMasta
04-07-2002, 08:46 AM
whats up Craig123, Welcome to XBA(the best xbox site on the net!!) If you have any ?'s just ask, most people in this forum are friendly and intelligent and will respond. Congrats on getting XBox and Halo(best game you can get!!!)

CRAIG123
04-07-2002, 09:11 AM
thanks m8s for the welcome...code monkey i live in s.wales (newport).I noticed these forums are always kept busy thats kool!:cool:

Ninja Scroll
04-07-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by MixMasta
whats up Craig123, Welcome to XBA(the best xbox site on the net!!) If you have any ?'s just ask, most people in this forum are friendly and intelligent and will respond. Congrats on getting XBox and Halo(best game you can get!!!)

MixMasta summed it all up Craig. This is the best d@mn Xbox site on da net so sit back and enjoy.
Welcome to the XBA forum boards, you made the right choice.:)

E-Xbox
04-07-2002, 11:00 AM
sup craig???
ull see a lot of me!
peace man..

fear_this
04-07-2002, 11:32 AM
Sup Craig, for now on. I am your official Xbox Role Model. :D

Brevity
04-07-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by CRAIG123
sup..im new i just got my xbox 2 weeks ago with halo! its an amazing game bit short though:) :cool:
Ya now ya got to go online w/it. Welcome and post alot to win stuff like I havent.:)

Crazy Joe
04-07-2002, 03:23 PM

it is a little short, but it's just as good the second and third times through, plus multiplayer KICKS ASS!!

xbaaddict
04-07-2002, 03:30 PM
Sup craig welcome man...we can be friends if you like crack...:D

CRAIG123
04-07-2002, 05:17 PM
i want to go online with halo..but i dont how. i no its something to do with gamespy..but i really dont no much about how to play it online p.s i got a cable modem.can anybody help me?????:confused:

MixMasta
04-07-2002, 05:31 PM
http://www.gamespyarcade.com/support/tunnel_xbox.shtml

go there, it will tell u what to do.

if you have any ?'s on this, ask Maximus because ie heard he is an expert on this topic.

CodeMonkey
04-07-2002, 05:32 PM
i want to go online with halo..but i dont how. i no its something to do with gamespy..but i really dont no much about how to play it online p.s i got a cable modem.can anybody help me?????:confused:

well whats your problem with your gateway?
(broadband connection)

datalink7
04-07-2002, 05:50 PM
Beat Halo on legendary. Good challenge, plus the ending cinima is a bit different.

CRAIG123
04-08-2002, 09:45 AM
i downloaded gamespy arcade and gamespy tunnel but i still cant play it i find a game to join but i just dunno what i got to go on..on halo i think its system link play i need helllllllp

JJaX
04-08-2002, 10:04 AM
i downloaded gamespy arcade and gamespy tunnel but i still cant play it i find a game to join but i just dunno what i got to go on..on halo i think its system link play i need helllllllp

Once in the tunnel go to system link play. If working properly, You will see a game to join.

UnitedKingdom
04-08-2002, 10:14 AM
It sounds like some heavy halo warriors knocking about in here. I just found this for halo and was wondering if its true, has anyone done it? I've got no chance of doing this myself!

"To unlock two new guns, first beat the game on the easiest setting (Easy), and then on the hardest setting (Legendary) in under 3 hours."

If anyone has done this what are the two new guns?

oh yeah... and welcome to xboxaddict craig123, i found a lot of useful info about xbox since i joined up.:)

JJaX
04-08-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by UnitedKingdom
It sounds like some heavy halo warriors knocking about in here. I just found this for halo and was wondering if its true, has anyone done it? I've got no chance of doing this myself!

"To unlock two new guns, first beat the game on the easiest setting (Easy), and then on the hardest setting (Legendary) in under 3 hours."

If anyone has done this what are the two new guns?

Its bulls4it made up by some fat kid....

Heres all the real secrets and easter eggs

http://halo.bungie.org/tipsntricks/

Xtopia
04-08-2002, 12:08 PM
Max! where are you!?! There is a member trying to figure out how to play Halo online! Where is you'r essay explaining all the details!
I would help....but I am clueless!

CRAIG123
04-08-2002, 12:21 PM
yeah i maximus is supposed to be good with the whole halo online thing isnt he?! maximus can you help me?? step by step pleeease???

JJaX
04-08-2002, 12:29 PM
whats wrong craig, I can help

CRAIG123
04-08-2002, 12:36 PM
ok..i no how to use the tunnel and arcade...but i think im doing something wrong connection wise...ive been plugging my ethernet wire into my cable modem and the other end into the xbox is this right????? p.s thanks for helping me

JJaX
04-08-2002, 12:38 PM
ok..i no how to use the tunnel and arcade...but i think im doing something wrong connection wise...ive been plugging my ethernet wire into my cable modem and the other end into the xbox is this right????? p.s thanks for helping me

You need a hub. The ethernet wire runs from the PC to the hub. Then another ethernet wire runs from the hub the the xbox.

You need standard catagory 5 ethernet wire. Go to your local store and pick some up.

CRAIG123
04-08-2002, 12:41 PM
there is nowhere to plug an ethernet into the back of my pc..for my cable modem i haad to set up using usb

JJaX
04-08-2002, 12:45 PM
there is nowhere to plug an ethernet into the back of my pc..for my cable modem i haad to set up using usb

Just get a hub right

cable modem to PC via USB port
cable modem into hub via Cat 5
xbox into hub via cat 5

That should be right. But i could be totaly off.......

CRAIG123
04-08-2002, 12:52 PM
thanx for the help......What is cat 5???????? sorry im a dumbass

JJaX
04-08-2002, 12:53 PM
thanx for the help......What is cat 5???????? sorry im a dumbass

cat 5 = catagory 5 ethernet wire

Just tell the guy you need some Cat 5, He should know wTF your talking bout.

Tell me if it works out for you. My apologys if i gave you false information.....

Xtopia
04-08-2002, 12:54 PM
Cat-5=Category 5

A cat-5 cable looks kinda like a phone wire!:D

Xtopia
04-08-2002, 12:56 PM
Wow...JJax we replied at the exact same time! Sorry about that. And and JJax, I did not mean that no-one but Maximus can help...I joke around w/Maximus that he always writes a novel about how to get online w/halo.

JJaX
04-08-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by xtopia
Wow...JJax we replied at the exact same time! Sorry about that. And and JJax, I did not mean that no-one but Maximus can help...I joke around w/Maximus that he always writes a novel about how to get online w/halo.

i know what you mean. Everytime someone needed help He would retype mobey DiK.

CRAIG123
04-08-2002, 01:00 PM
:cool:

Xtopia
04-08-2002, 01:04 PM
Everytime someone needed help He would retype mobey DiK.

Exactly! I told him to save it as a file...But I think he is still typing the WHOLE thing out over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over!:eek:

GRAVEDIGGER
04-08-2002, 01:19 PM
Well CRAIG123 you have fortunately stumbled on to the best site for info and other tyte stuff Xbox related:cool:

So Welcome to XBA forums: "The best there is, was and ever will be"

Untill next time...:mad:

CRAIG123
04-08-2002, 01:37 PM
yeah thanx for the help!!! anyone no where i can buy a hub (ppl in the u.k) will pc world sell them??????? Thanz guys if it wasnt for you i would prob never play halo online thanx alot!:D

UnitedKingdom
04-09-2002, 08:28 AM
PC world do sell hubs but they'll probably charge a tenner more than a smaller dealer. Keep your eye open for a small computer shop, the people inside are usually really friendly and could even knock the price down a bit. Just make sure you get a recipt and ask them if you can return it if there are any problems.

Or if your still having trouble you could try buying online at one of these respected places.

http://www.dabs.com/
http://www.scan.co.uk/