PDA

View Full Version : When Will GTA3 Be Coming?

doughthe1st
04-07-2002, 08:53 AM
:eek: Considering Microsoft owns RockStar games and Take Two say's they are making it for Xbox, it's a matter of time when Grand Theft Auto3 come's out. But I would like to know when though?:)

MixMasta
04-07-2002, 09:30 AM
it hasnt been totally confirmed though there are rumors, and i dont think m$ owns rockstar.

Ninja Scroll
04-07-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by doughthe1st
:eek: Considering Microsoft owns RockStar games and Take Two say's they are making it for Xbox, it's a matter of time when Grand Theft Auto3 come's out. But I would like to know when though?:)

First off Microsoft does not own Rockstar. That was a rumor months ago about Microsoft pursuing Rockstar but those rumors never came true.
And GTA3 will not come to the Xbox until Sony's exclusive deal runs out.
Which could be as long as the usual 1 year.
But maybe at e3 we Xbox owners will finally hear something, cause these GTA3 threads are out of hand!:rolleyes:

Xbox Masta 4
04-07-2002, 10:15 AM
Are you sure that the Contract isn't just a rumour either?? I have heard this, but no one really knows man. I'm not saying your wrong Just asking...:)

~nVidia~
04-07-2002, 10:18 AM
I all I have to say is wait till E3!!!

If it is coming out you will found out there!!!

ohhhh....mannnnn.........

E3 is gonna be huge!!!!!

doughthe1st
04-07-2002, 10:25 AM
:cool: MS owns Rockstar games and you can find out for yourself by calling them or visiting your local gaming store!

MixMasta
04-07-2002, 10:38 AM
i have confirmed that microsoft does not own rockstar. i went on microsfots home page and in press releases searched rockstar and nothing came up about microsoft even thinking of purchasing rockstar!!!!

Ninja Scroll
04-07-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Xbox Masta 4
Are you sure that the Contract isn't just a rumour either?? I have heard this, but no one really knows man. I'm not saying your wrong Just asking...:)

I know for a fact Sony has a contract for exclusive period of time for GTA3. I do research instead of making stuff up like dude that says Microsoft owns Rockstar:rolleyes: If that's the case why am I not playing GTA3 right about now Point Dexter?

Anyways exclusive contracts go way back to the SNES/Genesis days when Nintendo payed Capcom off to have Street Fighter II be SNES exclusive for 1 year! Then after that time ran out Capcom quickly made Street Fighter II Hyper Champion Edition for the Sega Genesis.

Also in this day in age Sony just payed Sega off for 1 year exclusive rights of VF4.

dude, I could go on and on about contract, but I think I made my poit already.
have a nice day!:)

Ninja Scroll
04-07-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by MixMasta
i have confirmed that microsoft does not own rockstar. i went on microsfots home page and in press releases searched rockstar and nothing came up about microsoft even thinking of purchasing rockstar!!!!

I dont know why you waisted your time Mixmasta. dude does not know what he is babbling about.
for the 10th time, Microsoft does not own Rockstar,... sheeeesh, :rolleyes:
If it's one thing that annoys me it's new guys coming in here making up fALSE rumors.

E-Xbox
04-07-2002, 10:55 AM
juss when u thought the gta 3 threads were dead...
another 5 come up!
geez....
m$ does not own rockstar...the own a big share in take two i think....

plus sonys contract is still intact ....

peace

doughthe1st
04-07-2002, 02:26 PM
Like I said before, Microsoft is the new owner of RockStar Games. Look in the official Xbox magazines and game store's.

kornavs19
04-07-2002, 03:06 PM
Shut the **** up. M$ dont own Rock *. They have a big share in take two like around 20% i think. But they dont OWN Rock *.There exclusive contract should b over soon also. Like everyone else said wait till E3. We tell u and then u go against what we said. whats the point of asking. W/E. Guys dont even bother.

doughthe1st
04-07-2002, 04:39 PM
Microsoft said themselves they own RockStar Games. I'm not going to believe a pansy like you!

Crazy Joe
04-07-2002, 04:40 PM
Microsoft said themselves they own RockStar Games. I'm not going to believe a pansy like you!

man, if you want anyone to believe you, including me, you will have to provide a valid reliable link, which i doubt that you can do.

Crazy Joe
04-07-2002, 04:46 PM
the only thing i can find that even says Microsoft bought rockstar is info from a source that is admittedly not that reliable.

This afternoon, I went over to my local Sam Goody retailer to finally pick up a copy of Grand Theft Auto 3 for my PS2. Apparently, they're out of stock. According to the rather chatty sales staff, Rockstar Games (makers of GTA3) were approached by Microsoft about making a version of the game for the XBox. Rockstar apparently declined. Microsoft then purchased Rockstar games, at which point they stopped production of GTA3 for the Playstation 2 and began development of a new GTA3 for XBox.

http://lukwam.com/archive/index.php?id=215

That is the only thing i can find, please show us something reliable from a news source or something. Either do that or stop posting that you KNOW that Microsoft bought Rockstar.

doughthe1st
04-07-2002, 04:46 PM
MS owns Rockstar games and you can find out for yourself by calling them or visiting your local gaming store!

doughthe1st
04-07-2002, 05:03 PM
:( Question: Dose Microsoft own Rockstar Games?

( Eric has joined )
( Kar has joined )
Kar: Hi, Eric! Welcome to the Xbox Interactive Online Support. My name is Kar.
Eric: ok
Kar: No, Microsoft doesn't own Rockstar. Take Two Interactives own Rockstar.
Eric: I've been hearing the other way around
Kar: Eric, Rockstar games is a branch of Take Two Interactive.
Kar: Microsoft did not buy either one of them.
Kar: Seems that what you've heard is only a rumor.
Eric: Do you know if the Xbox will get GTA3?
Kar: A GTA title for the Xbox is expected in Fall/Winter 2002.
Eric: cool
Eric: thanks
Kar: You're welcome, Eric. Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?
Eric: not right now I don't think
Kar: It was a pleasure chatting with you today, for your convenience and future reference, you will receive by e-mail a detailed transcript of our chat, including all site links and services. Thank you for inquiring about Xbox. If you need further assistance, please come back and visit us again. I hope you have a nice day!
( Kar has exited )
( Eric has exited ) I guess somebody plated a joke on me so as the chat state's above is true. I can except the fact I was wrong. But at least there will be GTA3 for Xbox!;)

DIGITAL
04-08-2002, 12:05 AM
fall winter wtf i was hoping like june or july this game would come out ,im so sick of these long ass release dates i should of waited a year to buy my xbox,i had it since november an i own 10 games an lately ive had money for more but there is nothing worth buying as of right now im very dissapointed with the line up of games for the xbox

Crazy Joe
04-08-2002, 04:55 AM
:( Question: Dose Microsoft own Rockstar Games?

( Eric has joined )
( Kar has joined )
Kar: Hi, Eric! Welcome to the Xbox Interactive Online Support. My name is Kar.
Kar: No, Microsoft doesn't own Rockstar. Take Two Interactives own Rockstar.
Eric: I've been hearing the other way around
Kar: Eric, Rockstar games is a branch of Take Two Interactive.
Kar: Microsoft did not buy either one of them.
Kar: Seems that what you've heard is only a rumor.
Eric: Do you know if the Xbox will get GTA3?
Kar: A GTA title for the Xbox is expected in Fall/Winter 2002.
Eric: cool
Eric: thanks
Kar: You're welcome, Eric. Is there anything else that I can assist you with today?
Eric: not right now I don't think
Kar: It was a pleasure chatting with you today, for your convenience and future reference, you will receive by e-mail a detailed transcript of our chat, including all site links and services. Thank you for inquiring about Xbox. If you need further assistance, please come back and visit us again. I hope you have a nice day!
( Kar has exited )
( Eric has exited ) I guess somebody plated a joke on me so as the chat state's above is true. I can except the fact I was wrong. But at least there will be GTA3 for Xbox!;)

wow, that sounds alot like a bot, pretty mechanical in it's language. Well, at least you finally got that straightened out.

gula
04-08-2002, 05:14 AM
You will see all the Rockstar/Take Two games being revealed at.....

http://www.e3expo.com/images/home/vista_top_right.jpg
http://www.e3expo.com/images/home/vista_mid.jpg
http://www.e3expo.com/images/home/vista_bot.jpg

So please, I'm begging ya, ENOUGH WITH THE GTA POSTS. *Until E3 rolls around*

doughthe1st
04-08-2002, 08:14 AM
I should of waited to buy my Xbox too but all well. There are still games I like for it!:)