PDA

View Full Version : What makes the ultimate fighting game?

Dre
04-07-2002, 12:45 PM
IMHO, DoA3 would of been alot cooler if the slow-mo camera they have in the watch mode kicked in during real matches. Making it an option would be the best idea since I'm sure some people wouldn't want to interrupt the tempo of matches.. but me.. I just think it would rock!

So, what do you guys think needs to be included in a fighting game to make it great with lots of replayability?

ScorpionX
04-07-2002, 01:44 PM
Finishing moves like in Mortal Kombat, can't wait till that game comes out...

Crazy Joe
04-07-2002, 03:52 PM
lots of unlockable stuff makes a great fighting game

xbaaddict
04-07-2002, 04:02 PM
Graphics and combo moves like in soul calibur.

Young_Fledgling
04-07-2002, 04:38 PM
FATALITIES!!! god i loved to pull those off

borka105
04-07-2002, 07:44 PM
look no further than the ultimate fighting championship - ufc tapout.

IT'S A MUST BUY FOR ALL TRUE FIGHTING FANS.

-borka105

Laxeph
04-07-2002, 08:42 PM
I like games where you can team up w/a friend and kick computer arse.

ScorpionX
04-07-2002, 08:54 PM
Mortal Kombat for Sega Genesis is one of the best fighting games ever made.

baggachipz
04-07-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by ratm1mj7
Mortal Kombat for Sega Genesis is one of the best fighting games ever made.

I disagree. While Mortal Kombat is good, Donkey Kong is the greatest game ever.

Dre
04-07-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by baggachipz

I disagree. While Mortal Kombat is good, Donkey Kong is the greatest game ever.

What the HELL have you been smoking buddy?

baggachipz
04-07-2002, 09:07 PM
Aww, ******... it was a Billy Madison quote. ratm1mj7 was supposed to say "Donkey Kong sucks!"... to which I'd reply, "Oh yeah, YOU SUCK." Stop looking at me, swan!

sinizuh
04-07-2002, 11:00 PM
Marvel vs Capcom 2.

tons of characters. tons of unlockable characters, outfits and levels...

3 player teams... dual and triple attacks.

god of all fighting games

E-Vader
04-08-2002, 04:31 AM
I like Soul Caliber on the DC thats about the only 1 on 1 fighting game that I ever liked.

But one one fighting game that I really love was the old arcade game Double Dragon and the ninja one I think it was called Shinobi???.

Skarp
04-08-2002, 07:29 AM
I think Killer Instinct could be one of the best fighting games because it isn't completely off the wall but there are some unrealistic characteristics about it. Secondly, and most important, there are COMBOS! I think many games are forgetting about this, but I remember back when I played KI getting 10+ hit combos were so damn gratifying to pull off. Now it seems like in fighting games you can only punch, kick, or rarely get of a 3 hit combo.

JJaX
04-08-2002, 10:40 AM
Soul calibur....

Enough said.....

JJaX
04-08-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Skarp
I think Killer Instinct could be one of the best fighting games because it isn't completely off the wall but there are some unrealistic characteristics about it. Secondly, and most important, there are COMBOS! I think many games are forgetting about this, but I remember back when I played KI getting 10+ hit combos were so damn gratifying to pull off. Now it seems like in fighting games you can only punch, kick, or rarely get of a 3 hit combo.

When you play KI, All your doing is inputting a opener + link+link+ finsher. Your not really doing 10 moves, and theres a preset amount of combos you can do. Dont get me wrong, I loved KI(i had a fulgore poster, Fulgore is da man!) But now that i look at it (i played it again on saturday) Its not that great of a game compared to games now.