PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2, Should there be silented sniper rifles?

Lord Jameso Man
04-07-2002, 02:29 PM
sniper rifles should be silented on Halo because the give away you're position to the whole world. :D So Bungie, please silence the sniper rifles in Halo 2!

CALzinger
04-07-2002, 02:35 PM
all the weapons should be able to have an OPTIONAL silencer nozzle on them. meaning = (you can take the silencer on and off the gun) (like counter-strike with the default pistol for cts)

Crazy Joe
04-07-2002, 02:55 PM
i don't know, with a silencer on the sniper rifle, it would be almost impossible to tell where the shot is coming from, making it impossible to find and kill people. This would just make games ridiculously longer. I am opposed to it.

ScorpionX
04-07-2002, 03:01 PM
You can still find where the person is coming from because of the white line behind the bullet so I think a silencer would be good for the game. You should also be able to silence other guns.

sinizuh
04-07-2002, 03:06 PM
silencer would make it weaker and would need 2 shots to kill someone (in multiplayer)

sounds nice.

CoMATOSE
04-07-2002, 03:06 PM
naaaahh.....it should make a cool zwweeeeezzz noise it be soooo cool!:cool:

Crazy Joe
04-07-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by ratm1mj7
You can still find where the person is coming from because of the white line behind the bullet so I think a silencer would be good for the game. You should also be able to silence other guns.

good point, that's what i always use to find where they are. how does the noise give anyone away anyway?

xbaaddict
04-07-2002, 03:23 PM
i think it would be cool if all of the weapons had a second option like silencers for some and mabe something like on the assult rifle a grenade launcher so you might be able to be more accurate and shoot a grenade further...just a thought

Plewis
04-07-2002, 05:52 PM
silencers dont mean crap in multiplayer. they wont know where you are just because of sound. the trail behind it is what gives it away... and in single player... i had no trouble sniping the covenant in level 3 (my favorite level!)

silvertrace
04-07-2002, 05:59 PM
they way i look at it..........u shouldn't allow a person to know where u are if ur sniping them....u gotta kill em with 1 shot :cool:

so silencers are irrelevant........the contrails are what give u away, but like i just stated, 1 shot kills are the way to go.......

Skarp
04-07-2002, 06:05 PM
The sound wasn't the big give away on sniper rifes. Try the big red arrow that points to the direction that you were getting shot from. And the bullet trail gave away location. Not always the sound.

silvertrace
04-07-2002, 06:08 PM
sup skarp...u from chapel thrill.....i'm down in goldsboro......holding it down in NC..........

twist it round ur head like a helicopter.....NORTH CAROLINA!!!!

just to add something, if u can see someone in 2x, i'd go with the pistol cuz a sniper can't zoom if he is gettin hit.......just a hint....:)

No Fear 23
04-07-2002, 06:30 PM
a silen sniper sounds cool, but what i want is a different melee attack. they should have masta cheif to snap those covenant's neck that would make a nice cracking sound or a knife to slit thier throats and the blood will gush out everywhere...pretty sweet.:eek:

khaos2005
04-07-2002, 07:02 PM
Excellent idea irule. I like that one.

CALzinger
04-07-2002, 07:05 PM
the best way to make the perfect sniper rifle is to:

MAKE A SNIPER RIFLE WITH NO TRAILS AT THE END

Cause as u guys said, u kill people using the contrails, not the sound. The Silencer would just be a FUN function, not an effect.

FuNkY mOnK
04-07-2002, 07:39 PM
True, but one shot to the head, no one will know where it came from. Anyway, I would also like to see a stealth mode ala MGS2, where you can sneak up on some one take him out of sight then finish him off. Also a jetpack would be practical for that frequent flyer discount.

XBOX Dude
04-07-2002, 07:48 PM
usally you can't tell with the sound unless you got 5.1 dolby and could you imagine how much longer it would take if they got rid of the trails, it's the one thing that keeps the sniper from killing everyone.

Lord Jameso Man
04-07-2002, 11:18 PM
The silenced sniperes would only mater on 1-player or co-op, frickin grunts. One shot wakes the all up. The only thing that gives u away on multiplayer is the trails, which fortunately does diddly squat on 1-player or co-op!

J Dub
04-08-2002, 01:51 AM
Even if you get killed in one shot you can usually still see where the contrail is coming from. Then when you respawn you will know where your opponent is. So I think they should make a sniper rifle that's really hard to find that will have no contrails. That would be sweet.

pounder
04-08-2002, 03:07 AM
when is the target release for halo2? man i cant wait for it..

shererboat
04-08-2002, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Xx J Dub 2k xX
Even if you get killed in one shot you can usually still see where the contrail is coming from. Then when you respawn you will know where your opponent is

thats why u kill with one head shot, then immediatley re-locate..........

JJaX
04-08-2002, 11:12 AM
Unreal tournament had silent sniper rifles that didnt leave tracers.

But you could still find the camping cowards.......

xidna
04-08-2002, 12:03 PM
i think that they should add more weapons in the game but they better make a lot of noise because they will find and they go after you and thats where the real fun begins .
dont you think so.:eek:

:o :mad: :) :cool: :eek:

Xtopia
04-08-2002, 12:45 PM
Here is what I think: As some of you guys know, Bungie has screenshots of different kind of Masterchief holding a HUGE chain gun! Similiar to what is found in the Warthog. This weapon never made it into the game because I believe it would unbalance the gameplay. Similiarly, Bungie made sure to leave MasterChief's head exsposed in the tank...if the did not the gameplay would be unbalanced....It would be a tank war. Also, Some of you may have noticed that it takes FOREVER for a sniper/rocket launcher to "re-apear" after it is picked up once again this is to insure balanced gameplay. Also, powerups such as overshields and camo do not immeaditly "re-appear" My point is, that if the sniper rifle did not have contrails, the game would be unbalanced.