PDA

View Full Version : Halo announcement this week at Microsoft's Party:

XboxGamers
04-07-2002, 03:35 PM
I hope it's announcement for Halo 2!

Our friends at halo.bungie.org are reporting that there's gonna be a Halo announcement this week at Microsoft's Party in San Francisco. Right now, nothing is know of the situation but it's been confirmed by Computer Gaming World's own Jeff Green that the announcement may not be the PC and Mac versions of the game.

"Actually, I had a moment of panic on Monday when I received an email invitation to some kind of Microsoft party thing in San Francisco next week, in celebration of a Halo "announcement." My fear was that this was the announcement of Halo's arrival on the PC. Never mind the fact that this would be great news in general for PC gamers, as well as the being the very thing I was crying for. It would have been terrible news for me personally, because it would very quickly and definitively make it clear that it was in fact me who was the moron about this whole issue. And, hey, it's all about me, as you know.

So the "good" news, after I made a panicked call to Microsoft, is that the announcement is not only NOT about Halo being ported, but, in fact, they somewhat implied, in a totally unofficial and noncommittal way that they'll be furious at me for even mentioning here, is that I was kind of right: that port isn't coming any time soon. So back off with the hate mail, Chumley. I still sort of know what I'm talking about. And anyway, the game is still great on the Xbox. I can't deny it. Bungie still rules no matter how much they've strayed into the dark side.."

Could this be an announcement for Halo 2? Or a Special Edition of the game. More info on it when available.

http://www.xboxgamers.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1018208553,88350,

xbaaddict
04-07-2002, 03:42 PM
O MAN I SURE HOPE IT'S A HALO 2 ANNOUNCEMENT THAT WOULD BE SO COOL, HALO IS THE BEST GAME EVER AND IM SURE THE SECOND WOULD BE BETTER IF THEY DON'T SCREW TO MUCH WITH IT.

Crazy Joe
04-07-2002, 03:43 PM
i find it hard to believe they will announce a Halo 2 six months after the release of Halo when sales are still great. We all know that they are going to make a sequel but an announcement might make a lot of casual gamers wait for the sequel instead of buying Halo 1. I figure it is about that new game people are talking about that uses Halo engine but set in medieval times, been some rumors floating about it so i figure an announcement makes sense.

E Nomini Patri
04-07-2002, 06:21 PM
I wish I could be there! I can't wait for the announcement! It's gonna be big!:eek:

Hugh_Jass
04-07-2002, 06:27 PM
It will take them 1.5-2 years to create the sequel. I don't think announcing it now will affect sales of the original in any way.

J Dub
04-07-2002, 10:36 PM
Well it seems that when they announce games they are still a long way away from being finished. So even if Halo 2 is announced, don't get too excited. You know it's coming anyways.

JJaX
04-08-2002, 07:39 AM
hALO 1.5! hALO 1.5 pLEASE!!!

dougi3000
04-08-2002, 10:14 AM
LOL
they just announced it.

Halo is the fastest selling video game. 1million copies in 4 months.

that is the announcement. LOLOL

JJaX
04-08-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by dougi3000
LOL
they just announced it.

Halo is the fastest selling video game. 1million copies in 4 months.

that is the announcement. LOLOL

DoH!

JJaX
04-08-2002, 12:02 PM
"Statistically, this means that more than six copies of Halo: Combat Evolved have been sold every minute of every day since its launch on Nov. 15, 2001."

Calve
04-08-2002, 12:09 PM
lets hope this isnt a pc version!!!

Im off to play halo!

Peace

rezno
04-08-2002, 04:33 PM
I will be truly disappointed if the announcement is only about Halo selling 1 million units. Does anyone know what day of the week this announcement is supposed to be made?

monkeyman
04-08-2002, 06:26 PM
umm wow what a nice thing:p

Strider_32002
04-08-2002, 10:51 PM
i think it was already on, i think it happened this morning, and JJax is right, and he got his info from teamxbox.com. It is the fastest selling game for any next gen system, also from temxbox.com