PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind - The Latest Details:

XboxGamers
04-07-2002, 04:10 PM
We at XboxGamers managed to grab some time with Pete Hines from Bethesda Softworks, developers and publishers of the flagship Xbox-Exclusive title, Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. Pete talks about Online, Release Dates, PS2, GC, Its Competition and so, so so much more!

Sit back and enjoy the little update on the title.

XG – “Pete - when will Morrowind be released in the UK?”

Pete – “That's up to Ubi Soft. should be shortly after US release”

XG – “Who is publishing it in the US?”

Pete – “we are”

XG – “When you planning to release it in the US? Some sites say its april 29th”

Pete – “The official release date is May”

XG – “oh - think you'll make it for May?”

Pete – “yes”

XG – “Great was it delayed, or were my sources wrong”

Pete – “sources must have been wrong. We were never more specific than Spring, until we updated to May”

XG – “What series do you think is Morrowinds closest competition?”

Pete – “I dunno. I mean I guess games like Dungeon Siege and NWN just because they're in the same genre, but neither of them is anything like Morrowind”

XG – “yeah - have you ever thought of bringing the Morrowind world online on the Xbox?”

Pete – “well, it wouldn't be morrowind, it'd be the elder scrolls”

XG – “Since the Xbox version will lack the Construction Kit, will you release add-ons or expansions to expand the gameworld?”

Pete – “not commenting on what we might release after Morrowind. we hope to get some plugins out there for Xbox owners to use”

XG – “are you planning to bring the Elder Scrolls world online on the xbox?”

Pete – “dunno, right now it's enough just getting morrowind done.”

XG – “What do you think of the PS2 and GC?”

Pete – “PS2 and GC are good systems”

XG – “are you pleased with what Morrowind has turned out like?”

Pete – “absolutely, it's amazing. Every day I'm finding cool new stuff I didn't know about”

XG – “Will the game be entirely open ended? Or are you setting limits so the player will have to follow the main plot?”

Pete – “no limits, whatsoever”

XG – “how long do you think it would take for an average gamer to beat the game at a minimum level”

Pete – “there is not default time we can really point to. Maybe 100 hours for the main quest? could be less, could be more. Depends on how much stuff you do off to the side”

XG – “Will there be environmental damage?”

Pete – “no, no terrain deformation.”

XG – “The gamers are expecting Morrowind to be the biggest Xbox game since Halo - do you think it will live up to its title?”

Pete – “I don't know about living up to expectations, because I can't control people's expectations. The question is can we deliver what we promise, which is a really great, very different RPG that is lots of fun. We'll definitely deliver that”

XG – “How in-depth is character creation?”

Pete – “you can create more than 450 billion characters, so I'd say it's fairly deep”

XG – “WOW. What lenghts are you going to to make the game bug-free?”

Pete – “two things. the way we built the world, and testing”

XG – “How many NPC's are in the game?”

Pete – “dunno, somewhere over 3,000. 3,400 maybe? dunno. i lost count.”

XG – “how many variations of creatures are in the game?”

Pete – “couple hundred variations of creatures”

Pete – “ok, I gotta run, I have a lot of writing to do today and it's already been a long day. nice chatting with you“

XG – “Ok - We'll speak to you later Pete”

Thanks to Pete for taking time to chat with us. Expect more from the Morrowind world and crew very soon.

http://www.xboxgamers.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1018138985,33144,

khaos2005
04-07-2002, 04:17 PM
Wow!

Awesome man, thanks a lot for the info. Good looking out.

wweomaniac
04-07-2002, 04:28 PM
wow!! Thats so sweet information. Strange how it says April 29th everywhere and this guy says May.

"XG – “Since the Xbox version will lack the Construction Kit, will you release add-ons or expansions to expand the gameworld?”

Pete – “not commenting on what we might release after Morrowind. we hope to get some plugins out there for Xbox owners to use”"

^--- hmm... is he trying to lead us on?

Crazy Joe
04-07-2002, 04:37 PM
kick ass, this game just gets better and better!!

Skarp
04-07-2002, 06:08 PM
The game sounds amazing but Pete Hines sounds like a DIIIICK

datalink7
04-07-2002, 06:21 PM
450 billion characters? How is that even possible?:eek: :D

Laxeph
04-07-2002, 06:25 PM
That is sweet. I can't wait to play this game.

jschelm
04-07-2002, 07:49 PM
I wasn't thinking too seriously about this game at first, but the more I read about it I think I am gonna have to start setting some of my beer money aside to pay for this as soon as it comes out. It sounds like it is going to be amazing!

XBOX Dude
04-07-2002, 07:54 PM
oh man i can't wait i'm already getting the shakes from waiting to long

Bundy
04-08-2002, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by datalink7
450 billion characters? How is that even possible?:eek: :D
27 skills, you pick 5 major and 5 minor, 10 races, 2 genders, 13 birth signs.