PDA

View Full Version : Different types of Strategy

murken
04-07-2002, 04:53 PM
I personally think there are different flavors of strategy games, and am curious what strategy games you guys like, so the question is:

What is your favorite strategy game, any platform, and what type of strategist are you?

Houzi
04-07-2002, 07:19 PM
In my opinon one of the best turn based strategy games came out a long time ago for TurboGrafx-16 called "Military Madness" (Nectaris on the PC-Engine). I said some other stuff about this game in one of the other threads and is also in "the challenge".

For real time strategy, Starcraft is one of the best (besides the lame tactics that eveyone uses once one person is successful at it, ie. ling rushes, carrier boys, nowadays zealot rushes, etc..)

Houzi

murken
04-07-2002, 08:13 PM
Thanks Houzi.
I'll check out your challenge in the other thread.

My favorite (I think of it as a strategy game) is the Thief series for the PC; I also consider it to be a FPSn (first person sneaker).

Also, although there are very few games in the half realtime / half turn-based games, another of my favorites is Jagged Alliance 2.

I personally hope both of these make it to the big black box.

murken
04-07-2002, 08:18 PM
I forgot to add that I hope Prisoner of War has some good strategy worked in with the sneaking.

1goodcop
04-09-2002, 12:00 AM
I like any game that has to do with world war 2 either turn based or real time. "X-com ufo defense" is also a pretty good game if yu havent already tried it.

Houzi
04-09-2002, 12:19 AM
oh yeah! i forgot about x-com! i played it years ago and thought that it was really fun! maybe i'll dig around and look for the disc and install it on my 'new' comp! :)

Houzi