PDA

View Full Version : How do you get your game $$?

Laxeph
04-07-2002, 06:31 PM
Where do you guys get all of your money for Xbox games. It seems that I do not have any money to buy them with. I am only 15 and it seems that there is no place to get a job that pays well and does not totally sucks. Any ideas?

Frink
04-07-2002, 06:33 PM
Work at an Electronic Store. Then you get paid and you get a discount on games.

maneatingcow
04-07-2002, 06:54 PM
Please try and be descriptive in your Topics :D

<small>ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!</small>

CALzinger
04-07-2002, 07:37 PM
ONE VERY GOOD IDEA!

If you have had a previous console, sell it to Funco Land or someone store that trades games in for credits. You don't get too much money, but it is better than nothing.

Don't worry, I am only 12, the only job i can get is shoveling the driveway (not snowing in spring) or mowing the grass. I only got 8 games, getting 3 of them by selling. So if you think about it, I only bought 5 games using realy money.

Laxeph
04-07-2002, 08:44 PM
Do you know of any electronic places that let you work at 15?

Plewis
04-07-2002, 09:19 PM
im 15 too. I work as a camp councillor over summer. I babysit every once and a while. get some b-day money. wash my parnets cars... and mow the lawn. I only have 7 games but I got just about everything myself. I bought my xbox got 5 games on my own... and 2 for christmas and a dvd player. Oh yeah... and I won a carrying case... that is awesome by the way. Im broke now though...:(

baggachipz
04-07-2002, 09:25 PM
And, in several years, when the xbox2 comes out, you can read message boards and laugh at people that aren't old enough to have a real job yet. And then feel stupid because you're posting on their threads. :(

Huckleberry
04-07-2002, 10:02 PM
i got my xbox and halo for 140.00 out of my pocket? how, you ask? some secret society? selling my body? amway?

Nope...none of the above. and it's not these readysetgamer crap things you see all the time either.

there is a company that is part of united airlines called www.mypoints.com. if you register with them, they will send you emails that you will get points for checking out...sometimes for buying stuff...sometimes for doing surveys. you don't HAVE to do any of it if you don't want to, but it's really simple, and if you're too young to work, but have internet access, well...what the heck?

you can redeem your points at tons of different places. i cashed in two years worth of points for toysrus gift certificates...240.00!!!

check it out...www.mypoints.com. i could get 100 points for referring you, but just to show that it's cool and that i'm not telling you for the referral points, i'm just putting the company in here. i've already got nearly enough points to pay for a new game, too! (if you check it out on their website and then decide you'd like me to get the bonus, private message me and i'll send you my id):)

MixMasta
04-07-2002, 10:42 PM
ive gotten 3 for xmas(from family) and 4 for my bday(it is in feb) the other 3 i bought myself. i get 14 bucks a week for allowance(im 14) and i am a soccer ref. for refing a game i get 25 bucks)only takes bout and hour and a half of ur day. so if your in to sports, try looking into refing one ulike. its good, easy money!!

DIGITAL
04-08-2002, 12:09 AM
i sell crack to get money for my xbox

FlyBoy
04-08-2002, 12:17 AM
I sell my plasma for money. The stick a needle in you, take blood out, sift out the plasma, then pump the blood back into your body. You can make a good 40-50 bucks a week for a few hours of your time. :cool:

Stawa-Fish
04-08-2002, 02:13 AM
wow... i sure wish I would get money from my parents for doing stuff around the house (car washing, mowing lawns, etc). They just tell me to do it. If I don't, they won't allow me to go out or something like that. For money, I work at Malibu Grand Prix, which is a go-cart facility. It gets tiring runnning after downed cars and stupid people who end up in the grass. But you get to be outside and flirt with any hot women who may show up.

Brevity
04-08-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by FlyBoy
I sell my plasma for money. The stick a needle in you, take blood out, sift out the plasma, then pump the blood back into your body. You can make a good 40-50 bucks a week for a few hours of your time. :cool:
Good to seeya again man.. I have to say I feel sick just reading that,,,,,ouch:eek:

JJaX
04-08-2002, 10:57 AM
Since your not of legal age yet to work a real job. Ask your parents if theres things you can do around the house. Also during the summer make up some flyers and start your own Lawn mowing Business. And during the winter make flyers and start a snow plowing/shoveling business. Offer low rates and beat up the competion with rocks and baseball bats. This is your turf, Now make some money there......

Ninja Scroll
04-08-2002, 11:02 AM
Well at 15 or 16 you gonna have to start at the bottom of da barrole little trooper.
When I was 13-14 I was pimpin out paper routes in my hood.
Pay sucked, but it managed to help out my comic book collecting hobby!:D

Snoopy7548
04-08-2002, 06:54 PM
im 16, and have no job. ill be getting one soon though, workin at a driving range, drivin the golf cart to pick the balls up, so much fun, lol:D but anyway, i get 5 bucks a day for lunch, i usually spend like 3 bucks, so i save the other money and it goes toward my game buying and other stuff:D

xbaaddict
04-08-2002, 07:27 PM
well i'm 14 so i know how ya feel man...i get 4 bucks a day for lunch and put back what i can...i sell some things and i get report card money, i have 10 games all i can tell ya man is SAVE

Snoopy7548
04-08-2002, 07:30 PM
yea, saving is a good idea, if i just kept all the money i get for lunch, id get 25 bucks a week, which is pretty good for doing nothing, lol. and thats like almost 100 bucks a month:eek: :D

Snoopy7548
04-08-2002, 07:40 PM
i used to sell cds to people, they would tell me the songs and i would make them a mix, i charged 5 bucks a cd, kind of alot, but i always got it to them the next day:D

OppiumNitrates
04-08-2002, 08:05 PM
if anyone works at a KB Toys i used to work there for 5.35 an hour

BUT. . .

i figured out how to take things out of inventory. . so i would take games and systems out of the inventory and sell them in school

who can beat $90.00 for a PS1 or N64 (remember this was 3 yrs ago) and 20 - 35 games. . . . I did it for over a year and never got caught since i was taking everything out of inventory

anyone who works at a KB toys lemme know ill hook u up with some serious info

gula
04-08-2002, 08:17 PM
Sperm Bank!!!

Hugh_Jass
04-08-2002, 08:27 PM
You could always turn out your girlfriend and become her pimp.

jschelm
04-08-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Laxeph
Where do you guys get all of your money for Xbox games. It seems that I do not have any money to buy them with. I am only 15 and it seems that there is no place to get a job that pays well and does not totally sucks. Any ideas?

When I was your age I started a lawn mowing service and I made about $20 an hour for about 8-10 hours a week.

Lots o video game money (of course at the time it was Ham Radio equipment)

Give it a try this summer.

Xtopia
04-08-2002, 10:40 PM
I have a lown mowin bussines in the summer....and snow shoveling bizz in the winter. I can make about 100 bux a week doin that. Grass grows fast and it snows alot where I live! Unfortunately, we're in a drought...there has been no, I repeat, NO snow! So I'm running low on $$
Also, B-Day's and X-Mas helps me out quite a bit. And finally, my dad is a day trader, and he pays me 5$ an hour to read through papers and circle stocks with certain percentages and he pays me to track stocks on the PC.