PDA

View Full Version : Secret weapon in Halo

Sickplaya
04-07-2002, 09:30 PM
On the level Keyes(and the level b4 too, on the banshee launch pad), the grunts have these guns that fire plasma similar to the hunters, but when you kill them the gun blows up and dissapears. is it possible to attain this gun??? Im sure im not the only one whose noticed this... but i've never heard anyone mention it.

khaos2005
04-07-2002, 09:57 PM
I have noticed it too, but no, I am pretty sure you cannot use the weapon. Just like you cannot use the elite swords, or the hunter plasma guns. Too bad. :(

Sickplaya
04-07-2002, 09:58 PM
Oh, damn.

xboxman_1
04-07-2002, 10:05 PM
Uhhh.....no, you can't use them. Those and the energy swords explode, and the Hunter's plasma gun is part of his arm.

Master Cheif
04-09-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Sickplaya
On the level Keyes(and the level b4 too, on the banshee launch pad), the grunts have these guns that fire plasma similar to the hunters, but when you kill them the gun blows up and dissapears. is it possible to attain this gun??? Im sure im not the only one whose noticed this... but i've never heard anyone mention it.
i pretty sure u talkin 'bout the covenant rocket launcher that bungie took out the game!:(

along with this bungie took out the plasma sword, covenant sniper rifle, human sword(Katana), flamethrower, and two other weapons. i think the 2 other weapons were a crossbow, and either a grenade launcher or uzi!! :( :( :( :(

_WATSUPWITTHAT!!!!!!!! :mad:

bonk
04-09-2002, 10:01 PM
This is called a fuel rod gun. The Hunter has it attached to him while some grunts hold it. Some grunts on Two Betrayels and the Maw have them. And no, you can't get a hold of them, they explode once you kill the grunt.

-bonk

Sickplaya
04-09-2002, 11:12 PM
why did they do that??? isn't it the more weapons the merrier?? i cant undertand why they removed the sword which is pretty *** since the game is set in the future, we don't wanna see medievil tools.

I wanna see some remote mines!!! and a flame thrower would have been icing on the cake, image how fun it would be to barbeque those gremlin flood! also, it'd be cool if the banshees were able to drop bombs, its hard to aim the plasma beams.

Exatox
04-10-2002, 05:06 PM
The hunter's cannons are neural linked. Once brain activity stops, the weapon is useless...

Plewis
04-10-2002, 07:50 PM
who cares as long as you cant carry it. I mean who cares why you cant use it. Its not like Bungie couldnt have changed it. I wish I could get my hands on a flamethower just once... btw-one of the weapons removed was like a warthog gun that you can carry.

ScorpionX
04-10-2002, 08:10 PM
I think Halo needs a few more weapons. I can't stand the plasma pistol. Flamethrower, awesome for the game.

bonk
04-10-2002, 09:22 PM
I don't think the AI responded correctly to the flame thrower, that's one reason they removed it.

-bonk

NomadLLama
04-10-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by ratm1mj7
I think Halo needs a few more weapons. I can't stand the plasma pistol. Flamethrower, awesome for the game.

whoa hey there buddy, you can't stand the plasma pistol??! dude, i think that its the best weapon. you can charge it up, the charged shot follows the opponent as long as there is nothing in between and not too close, and you can fire the quickest, besides the assault rifle. you just have to keep pressing the trigger to fire quickly tho. the charged shot is as good as 2x a shot gun quality shot. the plasma pistol is good because it is everywhere and it is the weapon which got me through most levels in legendary. one way to see it, beginning of level 8, where you get attacked by the sentinels, charge it up and let it go! one shot and they blow up! i really can't stand the assault rifle because it can't kill elites well.

Alien
04-11-2002, 05:53 PM
Yeah, i think the plasma pistol is the best plasma weapon besides the plasma grenades. It recharges real fast, and it has a rapid rate of fire. And the charged-up shot is a nasty thing to get hit in the face with.

Frink
04-11-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by SteelViper
Yeah, i think the plasma pistol is the best plasma weapon besides the plasma grenades. It recharges real fast, and it has a rapid rate of fire. And the charged-up shot is a nasty thing to get hit in the face with.

I hate plasma pistols. Plasma rifles on the other hand are great. Pistols are pointless in my opinion.

Alien
04-11-2002, 06:39 PM
Eh......your just mad I kill you all the time with the plasma pistols....

JADE8704
04-14-2002, 10:05 PM
i picked it up once...i was playing coop with my bro and we both shot down a grunt w/ that gun..then i ran up to it and pressed x..and i got it! it fires just like a rocket launcher, but w/ more power

just kidding :)

Plewis
04-15-2002, 08:58 PM
boy i didnt see that coming:rolleyes: but it did get me for like this long (if you could see me I am holding my thumb and index finger about an inch apart)