PDA

View Full Version : You can carry 3 weapons in Halo

Plewis
04-07-2002, 10:19 PM
I bet you guys probably already know this... but you can carry 3 weapons at one time. It is only in Pillar of Autumn though...and its more of a glitch than a secret. you have to do a bunch of stuff. I found this out at Teamxbox.com... and I also watched a video that showed how to do it... I havent tried it yet though. and I forgot how:( oh i just checked my history and here is where you can learn more about it... and if you search around it you can find the video http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=104239

monkeyman
04-08-2002, 06:09 PM
hehehe thats awsome i gotta try that some day thanks:D

Bundy
04-08-2002, 06:48 PM
that is pretty cool, but i bet you can only do it till either you do, or complete the first board.

parlomolto
04-08-2002, 08:26 PM
I only wish you could carry more guns in multiplayer - although it is AWESOME already - that might be the only thing I would change.

:p

khaos2005
04-09-2002, 06:21 AM
I actually like the strategy invlolved in only using 2 guns. Unlike GoldenEye (and many others), where you can carry tons of guns, which seems unrealistic, and becomes too confusing.

Halo Evolved
04-09-2002, 01:27 PM
I prefer 2 weapons at a time compared to a one man assault team that has every weapon in his possession that are available. 2 weapons is a great idea, a nice change from the weapon management problem of other FPS where you scroll through your inventory of weaponry.

Yolo
04-09-2002, 01:38 PM
Well to be completely stupid, you actually can carry up to 4 weapons at all times.

two guns + 2 kinds of grenades. And though it's always with you, and your not carrying it, your right arm (read melee) is your bonus weapon. So five, wow...

*insert big groan of disappointment* :o

Plewis
04-09-2002, 06:20 PM
ok... ok... smartass... you can carry 3 GUNS in halo. I was getting kinda mad because no one responded for like 2 days!:mad: But the thread finally got going. I thought no one was interested:confused: oh... and I like carrying 2 weapons at a time... because you always have to be thinking about ammo... and battery also for that smartass

Laxeph
04-14-2002, 07:38 PM
Ok, I'm not finding it. Just exactly what to you have to do.

Plewis
04-14-2002, 08:11 PM
heres a link to the video http://yuan.ecom.cmu.edu/utfoo/movie/movies/three2.mov
and heres how to do it... Posted by a Reckles Angel: "Evening,

(or morning or what have you)

I'm fairly certain that this may have been covered before... so I'll just get right to the point:

I heard, read, that you could have three weapons in legendary if you'd finished the game in normal mode.
so I set about doing so.. and did.. and tried to see if it was true.

and although it seemed a lot more like a bug than a feature.. it sure was true.. here's how:

first, as I said.. finish it on normal.
then, while playing on legendary, in the pillar of autumn.. run as darned fast as you can do the bridge.. jump over the guy that tells you to follow him.. then skip the sequence.. and run away from the captain..

if you were as lucky as I.. you'll see that you in fact, don't have your gun with you after you've ran out... and the small little grunts wont be there waiting for you either.
pick up the AR.. and use it to get a Plasma rifle.

then go back to the captain... say hi.. or slap him.. or whatever..
then go back out again.. for some reason, you'll now get the pistol.

voila.. you'll now have a Plasma Rifle, an Assault Rifle and the Pistol.

some of these things may not be necessary to do. but it's what I did when I discovered this.

also.. I've only seen it work on pillar of autumn... I tried it on 'halo' and SC as well.. but it didn't work there.

ja ne,

-Reckless. "

JADE8704
04-14-2002, 09:58 PM
awesome blossom....im gonna have to try it sometime

Plewis
04-15-2002, 08:52 PM
I KNOW:mad: Well at least you give me the respect:D Its not really a cheat though. It is a bug I think. They are still working on getting it to work in other levels... but I dont think they are gonna get it:(

Twisted J
04-17-2002, 07:56 PM
cool, ill try it, i wounder if it would make the level any easyer

JGennaro
04-18-2002, 09:41 PM
Hmm this reminds me of something I read in EGM awhile back saying you could carry up to 3 guns if you beat the game on normal then start a game on legendary...HA! That was a lie...I was trying over and over again to do it but to no avail...it clearly misled me...but oh well...I do need a little extra help with Legendary though since it's a little insane even trying to pass the entire 2nd level..lol.. :rolleyes:

Warthog
04-21-2002, 09:49 PM
Sorry this is a test

CALzinger
04-28-2002, 03:31 PM
alright, well there is the proof i need. but i still dont understand something

after the master chief talks to captain keeps, he runs to the cafeteria area where he gets the assault rifle. but before that, he usually gets the pistol and fights 3 grunts. in this video, that didn't happen.

whats the reason for this?
did he run fast?
did he do something before that?

Plewis
04-29-2002, 07:48 PM
im not sure. I have yet to be able to skip the movie like they did

but this is his explination run as darned fast as you can do the bridge.. jump over the guy that tells you to follow him.. then skip the sequence.. and run away from the captain.. If you were as lucky as I you will find you dont have your pistol, and the grunts wont be there to kill either I had to remember that last part because the Italize thing cut off the end.:( so the last part might not be word for word...

Calve
04-30-2002, 07:49 PM
yo plewis nice find!!!!!

Peace