PDA

View Full Version : Why I think FF 11 WON'T come out for other consoles.

StudioAlex
04-08-2002, 12:26 AM
There has been much debate about this subject and first I'd like to state that I am hopeful the game does make it to the Box,but I don't think it will. I hope the coming months prove me wrong.

The common argument everyone seems to be buying into (myself included until very recently)is that due to Square's finacial woes, it won't be able to recoup costs of releasing a game that costs players approximately 300$ to play unless they make it available to a wider audience, especially the Box as it has both a modem and a hard drive and would theoretically sell more copies per unit.

And as everyone has pointed out, Sony does own a sizeable chunk of Square. While this doesn't mean Sony owns enough to stop square from releasing games for rival systems (I'm not privvy to the specifics of their current arrangement ), the argument has been made that due to Square tremendous losses last year, sony would have no choice but to let them recoup losses even if it means FF for another system.

This argument is fine and well, but I don't believe FF is headed for the box and here's why: When new hardware is introduced it needs a killer app to get people to buy it. Can anyone name another major online game for sony's play online? Let's see, they'll probabley put Unreal on there and uh... Yep, Sony is banking on FF online to move the costly modems and harddrives.

Seeing as this game is so important, it is entirely likely that Sony bankrolled it itself or intends to subsidize Square for low sell through, thereby controlling its fate. I just can't see this game leaving sony's grasp when it is the key player in sony's plans. It'd be like Nintendo letting Mario go to Xbox or PS2.

X-Factor
04-08-2002, 11:25 AM
Final Fantasy XI (online) will be a Ps2 exclusive, and Final Fantasy N will be a GameCube exclusive, but I don’t really care because Project Ego, and Morrowind will be Xbox exclusive!!!

:)

zfBRAT
04-10-2002, 12:18 AM
Final Fantasy is an awesome rpg series, but I don't see it coming to Xbox, either. They had a hard enough time using the max of playstation and PS2 that they're afraid to make a copy on Xbox. I think the future of Final Fantasy will appear on the PS2....

Alien
04-10-2002, 06:19 AM
I'd rather have Elder Scrolls III more than any FF

zfBRAT
04-11-2002, 01:03 AM
I agree with you there. Can't wait for it to arrive :)

Crazy Joe
04-13-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex
chunk of Square. While this doesn't mean Sony owns enough to When new hardware is introduced it needs a killer app to get people to buy it. Can anyone name another major online game for sony's play online? Let's see, they'll probabley put Unreal on there and uh... Yep, Sony is banking on FF online to move the costly modems and harddrives.

Let's see, FFXI, Unreal, i think you forgot one, one that will probably be the seller for online moreso than Final Fantasy. A little game known around the web as

EVERCRACK!! what about EverQuest man, that game will sell more PS2 modems than every other game combined.

master cortana
04-15-2002, 05:16 PM
Well for the people that want to see ff come to the xbox may I suggest sending some e-mails to them telling them so. If enough people tell them how much they would appreciate it it might start to sway them. They already know about thier finacial problems and the potential problems of no modem/hard drive on ps2. Just imagine if they got 250,000 e-mails asking them to come to the xbox. It wouldn't be to long before they started to say to themselves 250,000 -350,000 or more fans buying ff at a cost of $50 or $60 a pop......that might help. Now if you ask me Sony can keep it. From the looks of it Morrowind and Project Ego will make ff look like the original pac man.

zfBRAT
04-16-2002, 08:45 PM
I think it'd be exciting to see what gamers working with X-box will do with rpg's. Good things come to those who wait :)

Tkf5000
04-17-2002, 07:13 PM
square is NOT gunna make a lot of games for other systems except for the fact that they got back with their old friends, nintendo (wish they stayed together). square and sony are greedy and they ain gunna give games to us cuz xbox is better than ps2 and they are mad. who needs it anyway with games like Jedi Republic, Project Ego, and of course The Elder of Scrolls 3 Morrowind, and who knows how many other great rpgs

doughthe1st
04-20-2002, 07:22 PM
I would have to say I care less if Final Fantasy comes out for Xbox. I don't really like the game all that much myself.:)

Tkf5000
04-21-2002, 12:44 PM
who cares we got better rpgs and thats the end nothing else to say.

Marc
05-03-2002, 12:02 AM
Final Fantasy sucks. It's played out. It's time is DONE. We are in the age of the next generation rpg and they will start with Morrowind and Project Ego.

EHWfedPres
05-03-2002, 02:28 PM
Final Fantasy games suck. Turn based battle in a video game? What do you think board games are for? It looks totally unrealistic with spiked hair midgets with enormous swords that can do 21897308 trillion different things, not to mention it's linear, which alway makes games suck and makes the lack replay value. Im glad Xbox wont be getting that piece of garbage.

PS: Ultima Online is better than EverQuest IMO...

Tkf5000
05-03-2002, 05:24 PM
yea true. its all true. i dont even think someone that small could even carry those swords and it looks dumb. the swords are twice the size of the guy and the hair is twice the size of the sword. final fantasy is too linear. i dont no why everyone gets all hyped up about it. if final fantasy games didnt have good storylines no one would like them. back in the days they were great with nintendo but now they have gotten old. step over final fantasy here comes elder scrolls, project ego, and kotor.