PDA

View Full Version : Could Unreal Championship possibly be better than Halo?

CALzinger
04-08-2002, 03:35 PM
I am a big fan of the Unreal series.
Does anyone out there agree or think that Unreal Championship could possibly beat out Halo in the 3D-Shooter Genre? with its bots? with its online capabilities? with its full taunting with the xbox communicator? with its great graphics? with its great PC counter-part? with its great....uh.....thats about it.
So, UC better than Halo?
Tell me, what do you think?

Kraft
04-08-2002, 04:22 PM
I think it has the potential to be better in the multiplayer division, but I've played Unreal since it's first incarnation and they don't even bother putting in a story mode. I think that's one of the biggest factors in why Halo is succeeding so well, you don't necessarily have to have tons of people playing. The single player mode is a blast to play over and over again.

UC can beat out Halo in multi-player no problem if they put their minds to it. The only thing that really impressed me with Halo multiplayer was the inclusion of vehicles. Level design was decent, but no bot support almost killed me. Any FPS that expects to be an online force needs bot support, as there might not always be 20 people available for a game and bots help liven it up.

silvertrace
04-08-2002, 04:28 PM
i agree about the bot support......i used to play perfect dark just for that reason.....maybe certain things were left out of halo so when they are included in halo2 it will suck us in all over again.....

i still think halo2 should have some type of level editor......u could make ur own small map and challenge others to play on YOUR map.....would be amazing if u ask me!!!!!!!:cool:

Exatox
04-10-2002, 05:16 PM
Unreal Championship will not be better than HALO because of the fact that Unreal games never have any storyline, but people will buy it for it's more extensive multiplayer. (People like me!)

shererboat
04-11-2002, 07:59 AM
unreal with def do good coz of its bot/multiplatyer and online capabilities........i dont think i can say one is outrightly better coz they both have their advantages.......

im def gonna get unreal though coz its matches are alot faster paced and more in ur face......:eek:

Alien
04-11-2002, 05:44 PM
I say HALO will not be surpassed for a long time.