PDA

View Full Version : There should be an AOE for XBOX

parlomolto
04-08-2002, 08:45 PM
Could you imagine Age of Empires for XBOX - it would be so easy to develop - and in fact Microsoft could bundle all of the ages together - kindof like Empire Earth.

I don't know - I just personally love all of the AOE - and would love to see it on XBOX with LAN capabilities...

:rolleyes:

xboxgamer142
04-09-2002, 05:29 AM
Well, I onece posted a thread about Age of Mythology on Xbox. It's a good idea, but I think Age of Empires is a bit of a too old and too weak (graphics and sound) for Xbox. Age of Mythology is more modern and so it would be better on Xbox. Microsoft would also make more profit by making Age of Mythology on Xbox rather than previous AOE games. Mainly because most people have AOE on their PC.

Yannie Boy
04-09-2002, 09:56 AM
that would be mad fat. the good ol times of running some one out of there own towns or burning down there wonders or just picking off helpless workers. XBox would make that even better.

Alien
04-09-2002, 05:52 PM
Yes, i would love that. That way i wouldnt have to walk to the computer to play it, just sit in my beanbad and switch between playing HALO and AOE......what a life

Frink
04-13-2002, 06:51 PM
Playing a RTS is difficult with a controller. It is one of the few genres of games that should be played with a mouse.

GRAVEDIGGER
04-13-2002, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by professor_frink
Playing a RTS is difficult with a controller. It is one of the few genres of games that should be played with a mouse.

I must say that i'll have to agree with you there man, it would be way too annoying and combustable on the XBOX..basicly the irratation of doing everything with a controller, that one would rather do with a mouse is almost nausiating.

Besides, i cant stand age if empires..just my opinion.

Untill next time...:mad:

Plewis
04-14-2002, 04:56 PM
I love the game on the computer.... but it should really stay on the computer. Starcraft which is the same kind of game was on N64... and I dont think it did so well even though it was awesome on the PC

Alien
04-15-2002, 05:01 PM
Except for AoE is way better than Starcraft in my opinion.

Yannie Boy
04-24-2002, 08:27 AM
i would have to agree with steelviper

Alien
04-26-2002, 06:28 AM
Do you play it online? I do, on MSN Gaming Zone.

koobz
05-09-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by SteelViper
Yes, i would love that. That way i wouldnt have to walk to the computer to play it, just sit in my beanbad and switch between playing HALO and AOE......what a life

Agreed 100%. I am still getting used to FPS's with controllers, nevermind RTS's :)

Plewis
05-11-2002, 08:04 PM
yeah i played online a lot. I played intermediate but every once in awhile i would play experts and I won a few times. I just rememberd my name it was something like deathbycow or something like that.:D It just wouldnt work well on a console... but I would still buy it