PDA

View Full Version : Why the long wait!!

Liquid Gears
04-08-2002, 10:47 PM
I don't understand why we have to wait so long for certain games. Like the games that come out for both PoS2 & XBOX, why does PoS2 have to get the game first and we the XBOXer's have to wait like five to twelve months after. What the helll is with that, eh? Like who agrees with me out there? For example MGSX, GTA3, and this game I've been checkin' out Virtual Fighter 4. It looks great, but why the helll do we have to wait until next fall. This is BS!!! I know, you guys think it's for upgrading the games and making them better. But, can't the XBOX company do that before the PoS2 release dates. You know so the same games would come out on the same day for both consoles. Jesus I, fuuking hate waiting so long for these games. Doesn't anyone agree?

Romo28
04-08-2002, 10:52 PM
I do agree that it certainly does suck. But I would say that its the stuff that goes on behind the curtains. Deals go down between companys and what not. Also, when they do a port, some games arent a direct port, they just dont put the game on an Xbox disk. They often revamp the grafics and make improvements.

Crazy Joe
04-09-2002, 04:10 AM
I think that will change by next year, the thing is that a lot of companies probably wanted to see how Xbox turned out before developing for it. Now that they want to they have to wait out their exclusive contracts with Sony on those games, now that they now they are going to develop for Xbox, the next generation of games should be released approx. the same time.

Skarp
04-09-2002, 04:46 AM
Games like MGS2 started production before xbox was out. Why would they go out of their way for a console that hasn't even been properly tested in the world market? Now that they've seen good things, they're making it.

UnitedKingdom
04-09-2002, 05:02 AM
chill out Liquid Gears, soon enough those poor ps2 owners will be moaning that they aint got any good games when they see the true power of the xbox.

If you wait, they will come.:cool:

Nato King
04-09-2002, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by UnitedKingdom
chill out Liquid Gears, soon enough those poor ps2 owners will be moaning that they aint got any good games when they see the true power of the xbox.

If you wait, they will come.:cool:

You are so right UK. We will be the first people to laugh when all the PS2 owners start buying up all the Xbox in the store because the PS2 is not doing it for them anymore. All will see the Xbox will rule the gaming industry.:) :)

JJaX
04-09-2002, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Romo28
I do agree that it certainly does suck. But I would say that its the stuff that goes on behind the curtains.

Thats exactly right. Look at NFL2k2 for example. It was done and all, But sega could not release the Xbox verision til months later because EA made a deal with MS. You have to loook at the big Picture. Sony probaly wants to squeeze out a few more systems before people realize Xbox means business. So what better way to achieve that than have system selling games on your system. And majority of the general public is not aware that these games will eventually be on xbox. So they end up buying PS2. Its a dirty business.

Liquid Gears
04-09-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Romo28
I do agree that it certainly does suck. But I would say that its the stuff that goes on behind the curtains. Deals go down between companys and what not. Also, when they do a port, some games arent a direct port, they just dont put the game on an Xbox disk. They often revamp the grafics and make improvements.

Buddy, I said I know that!! But, why can't they do that before the PoS2 release dates so the games would come out on the same day for both consoles!

Liquid Gears
04-09-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Gortholomew
I think that will change by next year, the thing is that a lot of companies probably wanted to see how Xbox turned out before developing for it. Now that they want to they have to wait out their exclusive contracts with Sony on those games, now that they now they are going to develop for Xbox, the next generation of games should be released approx. the same time.

Do, you know for a fact??

JJaX
04-09-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears

Buddy, I said I know that!! But, why can't they do that before the PoS2 release dates so the games would come out on the same day for both consoles!

Because many of these games were being developed before deveoplers even got a xbox dev kit. So how can you make xbox games with out xbox dev kit?

Liquid Gears
04-09-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Skarp
Games like MGS2 started production before xbox was out. Why would they go out of their way for a console that hasn't even been properly tested in the world market? Now that they've seen good things, they're making it.

Oh, really. Where's your proof, Link?

Liquid Gears
04-09-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

Because many of these games were being developed before deveoplers even got a xbox dev kit. So how can you make xbox games with out xbox dev kit?

What are you talkin' about these games were being developed when people all around the world had an XBOX. MGS2 & GTA3 was being developed the same time the XBOX was. And the XBOX was already released when Virtual Fighter 4 was being developed. Why couldn't they improve VF4 before it's release on the PoS2. So it would come out on the XBOX too on the same day!

silvertrace
04-09-2002, 09:24 AM
i think it comes down to money.......just like when movie companies release the tape version of a movie months before the DVD....it makes u wait in anticipation, supposedly.....the same mentality is showing its face here......they want to release the game on one platform knowing they are gonna "improve" it slightly for another console.......

ex....silent hill 2......was ported from pos2 and the only thing different was an xtra mission.......it was the same game in theory.....and it came out months after

*in the analogy pos2 is the tape version of the movie, and xbox is the DVD....hopes a point was made* :cool:

Spaztic
04-09-2002, 09:59 AM
Its all about the $

JJaX
04-09-2002, 10:03 AM

What are you talkin' about these games were being developed when people all around the world had an XBOX. MGS2 & GTA3 was being developed the same time the XBOX was. And the XBOX was already released when Virtual Fighter 4 was being developed. Why couldn't they improve VF4 before it's release on the PoS2. So it would come out on the XBOX too on the same day!

LiNK???? (yeah i can play this game too!)

Master Gracey
04-10-2002, 02:44 AM
Um... as far as I see it, you asked a question and people are just answering you to the best of their abilities. Why do you have to be belligerent? Because the answers aren't good enough?

Don't shoot me because I don't have a link, but I'm forced to recall something I read back in October when I placed the order for my Xbox. Microsoft was late in shipping out the dev kits for the Xbox, so many games that were scheduled as release titles had to pushed back. Many games that were slated for later release couldn't be started in a timely manner, and that goes for games that were scheduled to be ported. This, in addition to exclusivity deals with a justifiably panicked Sony, is the most likely culprit.

Who cares if we have to wait? That only means the game is going to be that much better. Take Morrowind for example... I have a stinky suspicion that one reason it's been delayed so many times is because of all the news about Project Ego, so they probably changed stuff to be more of a competitor. It's all for the better. Remember, patience is a virtue.

And one other thing... with or without these games, the sun will rise tomorrow. If we don't get the great titles you're talking about, so what? We already have some great titles of our own and more are guaranteed in the near future. In the grand scheme of life, none of this is overly important.

I want to get into acting, but for the time being I work in a crappy, low-paid government job, and this is something I think about all the time: 6 Xbox games will run you approximately $300. That's enough for a plane ticket to a tropical paradise. You can either sip margaritas in the sun, scantily-clad girls filling your eyes while the sound of waves fills your ears, or you can have six Xbox games next to a TV in a cold basement. The choice is yours...

Crazy Joe
04-10-2002, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by ME
I THINK that will change by next year, the thing is that a lot of companies probably wanted to see how Xbox turned out before developing for it. Now that they want to they have to wait out their exclusive contracts with Sony on those games, now that they now they are going to develop for Xbox, the next generation of games should be released approx. the same time.

Do, you know for a fact??

No, I don't, that is why i wrote i THINK!! If you don't want people's opinions, don't bother posting

xbaaddict
04-10-2002, 07:01 AM
GUYS DO NOT WORRY SOON PLAY STATION 2 WILL BE BEGGING FOR SCRAPS HEHEHEH IM SO EVIL HEHEHE!

shererboat
04-10-2002, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Master Gracey
and this is something I think about all the time: 6 Xbox games will run you approximately $300. That's enough for a plane ticket to a tropical paradise

personally, $300 isnt a plane ticket to a tropical paradise for me, its more like one nights bar tab once i get to this tropical paradise.....:D .......i see ur point though, and i dont mind the wait myself either, im gonna enjoy the game whether it comes out today, or next week.......who cares if ps2 owners get theirs first??......

blah blah blah, wheres the link? blah blah blah oh really?!!! blah blah blah do u know for a fact?? blah blah blah

so far every post ive read by u has been a complete waste of my time.......why post if ur already set in what u think and dont care what anyone else has to say????

Xbox Masta 4
04-21-2002, 10:55 AM
Sorry I just skimmed throught this and had an idea why ps2 has games before Xbox. The reason why is because XBOX wasn't even out when they made these games, because it takes a while to make some games. That's the reason why. But we will make new games and it will change pretty soon. Then they'll take our games, and make it look like crap...HAHA! :D :)