PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand?

Afro Aura
04-08-2002, 11:52 PM
Can you tell me are the XBOXes selling well in the US & Canada as this comment about "Halo has sold over 1 million copies"
I thought that everyone in the US & Canada had Halo in their box of tricks, this is a worrying thought for me so come on tell me the real truth how are they selling over there:confused:

Spike Minoda
04-09-2002, 12:06 AM
Hey, don't worry.;) Everywhere I go, except for the Best Buy here is ALWAYS sold out of Xboxes and some get a new shipment every 3 weeks at the latest. And I live in a town with only 67,000 people. Very nice out here...:)

E-Xbox
04-09-2002, 02:51 PM
u arent an xbox addict until u have halo and an xbox....
well...the sales are good...
every store i go to never has n e xboxs in...

peace

Crazy Joe
04-09-2002, 02:53 PM
sales are great, not every Xbox has a Halo though, 1.5 million boxes were sold in six weeks, and halo is only reaching one mill now.

Wu3000
04-09-2002, 03:04 PM
i live in austin tx, and almost everyone of my friends has an xbox,
none of the stores in austin are sold out of xbox's but they only have one or two in stock at all times because people buy them fast. this might not be everywhere. but in austin tx at a place called game zone, off of stassney, they are selling used xbox's for 250. i asked my boy that works there, most of the people who bring them back to return have younger kids that want to play games for ps2 that xbox didtn port over. how lost is the youth today! will they ever learn?

wu

wweomaniac
04-09-2002, 03:05 PM
The numbers may be deceving, but yes... (its hard to believe), but not everyone buys consoles for Halo. A lot of people aren't fans of FPS.

Also... Some people have finsihed halo and sold their used copy. U C?

One million is stil a large mile stone. The numbers released from independent organizations are always more accurate so believe those more!

Wu3000
04-09-2002, 03:06 PM
and who didnt buy halo with thier xbox?
was the first and best game i got so far.

wu

Dre
04-09-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox
u arent an xbox addict until u have halo and an xbox....
well...the sales are good...
every store i go to never has n e xboxs in...

peace

Thats not true. I don't have Halo and I'm an addict. I didn't buy it because FPS's on a tv tend to make me feel sick. Shouldn't pigeon-hole da addicts that way man!

Cheers,
Dre

Crazy Joe
04-09-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Wu3000
and who didnt buy halo with thier xbox?
was the first and best game i got so far.

me too

and by the way, Halo reaching a million is a HUGE milestone considering it is the fastest game this generation to do so.

thejoker
04-09-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Dre

Thats not true. I don't have Halo and I'm an addict. I didn't buy it because FPS's on a tv tend to make me feel sick. Shouldn't pigeon-hole da addicts that way man!

Cheers,
Dre

Sorry to hear you get motion sickness while playing a FPS’s… Just take you a motion sickness pill and play away. Trust me… you will thank me later… hehehehe

Later,

Xtopia
04-09-2002, 04:40 PM
My freind bought his X-Box at launch and still does not have Halo! He has plays deathmatch at my house but has never completed the campaign. He rented it a few times...and loved it. He is strange.

Afro Aura
04-09-2002, 10:38 PM
Thanks guys
I was just thinking why all these people buy PS2 instead of the XBOX in most of the stores I go into, it's the XBOX that has no games, I think they're about 8-16 max and thats including crap games like Kabuki Warriors, Shrek, Obi Wan(abe a good game)Fusion Frenzy well you know what I mean all the game that embarrass the XBOX, where on the PS2 there are 100s (just making a point here) it's a sad shame for Microsoft if there looking to sell more XBOXes in Europe bring out more games I have a US XBOX and a PAL XBOX and I mostly play the US one as I've only got Blood Omen 2 (which I'm gonna finish soon), Rallisport Challenge and a PAL version of Halo,
On the US XBOX I've got JSRF, Dead or Alive 3, Wreckless, Gun Valkyrie (I love this game) and I'm thinking of getting James Bond 007 as it will take months before it comes over here, some other games I had and sold were Genma Onimusha, Max Payne, Silent Hill 2, Blood Wake (bad mistake), WWF Raw, Nascar Heat (worst than Blood Wake) PGR and trading in my US Halo for a PAL one

Anyway what I really needed was a push forward from you guys as I though there where problems over there, I wouldn't mind seeing the total units sold over there

You know it's a funny thing really all those people who went out to buy PS2s will be thinking D@MN if only I had waited for the XBOX to have all those great games look at me now I feel so embarrassed that I spent £199.99 on a machine that can only do a quarter of the XBOX's features and it would have cost me just £100 more with the broadband, hard disk, power of the chips better looking DVD with a great resolution (I've ssen the PS2 DVD it is laughable to compare) and no need for memory cards

It will come to pass I'm just sitting here waiting for the bubble to burst and the sad cost (maybe just under £100) for trading in a PS2 for an XBOX hehehehe

l Maximus l
04-10-2002, 03:03 PM
Well, Afro...if my memory holds me accurately, I think that the statistics were that about 70% of all XBox owners own Halo.

Afro Aura
04-10-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Well, Afro...if my memory holds me accurately, I think that the statistics were that about 70% of all XBox owners own Halo.
yeah what happened to the other 30% hehehe just joking I know some people have motion sickness as my friend can't play Halo when you're inside a building outside it's not so bad and I'm sure the others probably play the game at a friends house

do you think I'll stop moaning about the XBOX over here in the UK......nar I don't think so as my friend in Scotland said he would purchase one as soon as the games are rolling out

This was a coversation over the Dreamcast as I was playing Phantasy Star Online 2 I still play that game as it's cool and I miss it so come on Microsoft get this game out on the XBOX soooon as playing with a UK Dreamcast with a modem running at 33bpm it's a bit annoying with the lag