PDA

View Full Version : Gamespy on LAN??????

Donaldson
04-09-2002, 02:24 AM
I live in a college dorm room and have other friends on campus that own Xboxes and Halo. If we all connect to the LAN would we even need to use Gamespy or could one of us just start a game and since we are networked together the others could join? If this isn't possible then if we all do the Gamepsy thing the ping would be almost nothing wouldn't it ? (If I try to play by myslef on Gamespy the ping is 3000+ bc of the schools bandwith throttle.)

GokuX
04-09-2002, 02:44 AM
Seems to me like it should work. I dunno try reading through this, I just found it a second ago

http://www.xboxstatus.com/instruct.txt

I just skimmed it quickly and saw the guy mention playing on his university network and it sounds like he used his PC.

Skarp
04-09-2002, 04:54 AM
If your whole school is on a network it will work. At least I think. At Duke I just plug my xbox in my dorm room and my friend down the hall plugs his in in his room. The find eachother and we can we with virtually no lag at all.

Donaldson
04-09-2002, 07:54 PM
Thanx for the info. I'll give it a try later (after my midterm on Thursday) and tell you if just connecting to the network works.

CodeMonkey
04-09-2002, 08:00 PM
Does your college allow u to connect to the network? Because the network my block any external device from connecting (i.e. using the Xbox Mac address)…if not it should work fine….
3000+ that would be crap if u got that….