PDA

View Full Version : Who puts the most thoughtful threads on this site?

crazyotto
04-09-2002, 10:07 AM
Don't take this the wrong way but some of the threads I get tricked into reading aren't worth the time. But on the other hand, some people put the most interesting thoughts, ideas on these boards that make this site better than all others in xbox content. I was going to do a poll but I knew I would leave a bunch of people out. I am still new here so who is to say I know what I'm talking bout (I never know) but if you have an xbox or about to get one these boards are the most established and they need your intention. Thank you all!

JJaX
04-09-2002, 10:09 AM
Not you! :D :D

crazyotto
04-09-2002, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
Not you! :D :D

be nice---

JJaX
04-09-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by crazyotto

be nice---

I think most threads are cool. I just hate the ones like:

"What game should i rent?"
"Should i buy this game?"
"Is this game cool?"

StudioAlex
04-09-2002, 10:45 AM
It's probabley someone we can't name because let's face it, if a post is well thought out, well written, and non-inflammatory, no one will respond to it. So to our unknown heroes out there, start randomly throwing in insults and leave out any clear uses of logic and you'll be one of the gang!

JJaX
04-09-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by StudioAlex
So to our unknown heroes out there, start randomly throwing in insults and leave out any clear uses of logic and you'll be one of the gang!

Whats that suppost to mean? XBA has gang members? You lost me.....

X-Factor
04-09-2002, 10:54 AM
It's probabley someone we can't name because let's face it, if a post is well thought out, well written, and non-inflammatory, no one will respond to it. I totally agree with you there, StudioAlex! I’ve written some great threads, and sometimes, just sometimes I get a few replies. :mad:

StudioAlex
04-09-2002, 11:01 AM

Whats that suppost to mean? XBA has gang members? You lost me.....

Ok, I'll take my own advice. THis is what I should've said.
"So our our unknown heroes, if you want dumb fanboys out there to notice you but have trouble because they are morons, then you need to **** YOU you dumb ass *****! Xbox rules because its the system my mom and dad bought for me this christmas. I actually think that watching someones brain slowly drip out of their nose is tantamount to a deep gameplay experience. Don't ask me to learn the difference between their, there, and they're because I can't even seem to differientiate between to, too and two. Also, if you think that what I am saying is incorrect or stupid, you are a facist who is attacking my right to free speech!"

Is that better?

Dre
04-09-2002, 11:10 AM

"So our our unknown heroes, if you want dumb fanboys out there to notice you but have trouble because they are morons, then you need to **** YOU you dumb ass *****! Xbox rules because its the system my mom and dad bought for me this christmas. I actually think that watching someones brain slowly drip out of their nose is tantamount to a deep gameplay experience. Don't ask me to learn the difference between their, there, and they're because I can't even seem to differientiate between to, too and two. Also, if you think that what I am saying is incorrect or stupid, you are a facist who is attacking my right to free speech!"

Is that better?

ROTFLMAO.... that was some good stuff..

JJaX
04-09-2002, 11:11 AM

Is that better?

I still dont get what this has to do with the thread topic......

You lost me again......

im not flaming you, I just dont get your point.

i guess i had to be there right! :D

StudioAlex
04-09-2002, 11:22 AM

You lost me again......

i guess i had to be there right! :D

Ok, my point was that people don't seem to respond to thoughtful threads, excepting this one of course.

When I said, one of the gang, I meant one of the us, the members of XBA. I didn't mean gang in the sense of a group of people who commit crimes, just in the sense of a group who is bound by common lifestyle, beliefs, or experience, in this case it's posting on these boards. My response to you was just a summary of the more thoughtless posts you tend to see and was meant to be more funny than anything else.

In effect, I was saying, you want to be noticed? Act like a retard.

X-Factor
04-09-2002, 11:23 AM

You lost me again......

i guess i had to be there right! :D I think he's flaming fanboys in a sort of a non-fashion way. http://atypically.net/smilies/shrug.gif

JJaX
04-09-2002, 12:05 PM
Ohh i get it!

Thats probaly why i get so many props around here!

Im such a retart!

StudioAlex
04-09-2002, 12:27 PM
Ohh i get it!

Thats probaly why i get so many props around here!

Im such a retart!

If that's how you choose to take that. I had some other folks in mind, though.

JJaX
04-09-2002, 12:40 PM

If that's how you choose to take that. I had some other folks in mind, though.

No, I was just stating that i was slow because i wasn't quite following your post. THat all, No harm done Land Lover; ARRRG!

Skarp
04-09-2002, 03:27 PM
Can we go back to this XBA gang? How do I join?

Frostberg
04-09-2002, 05:55 PM
Send maxy a game...

X-Factor
04-09-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Frostberg
Send maxy a game... Max isn't getting any of my Xbox games! :D

Calve
04-09-2002, 09:57 PM
Stevens threads kick ass!!!

like um the GBA one

that ones gotta givem an award

Brevity
04-10-2002, 09:39 AM
Alot of people make great threads about all sorts of stuff, and I think Dre's last thread was good, Most of J**x threads are like well I think we all know, haha Anyhow this one is not bad,,,,,Its all about XBA managment.

JJaX
04-10-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Brevity
Alot of people make great threads about all sorts of stuff, and I think Dre's last thread was good, Most of J**x threads are like well I think we all know, haha Anyhow this one is not bad,,,,,Its all about XBA managment.

Am i J**X?

If so, What i do now???
I dont really create that many threads do i? And whats wrong with them :D

Brevity
04-10-2002, 09:55 AM

Am i J**X?

If so, What i do now???
I dont really create that many threads do i? And whats wrong with them :D
Well since Maxi is gone and Ninja has not found his since of humor yet, your the one. I think you post alot and so do I so ,,,,,,,,I cant stop not making a point ,,,,,da mn ,,,,,,,, Anyway your ok IIIIIIjnsvjklnsdough must get water ,,,,,,cant think ;'';'vision blurry';';;'Crapping of self,,,and thread SORRY

JJaX
04-10-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Brevity

Well since Maxi is gone and Ninja has not found his since of humor yet, your the one. I think you post alot and so do I so ,,,,,,,,I cant stop not making a point ,,,,,da mn ,,,,,,,, Anyway your ok IIIIIIjnsvjklnsdough must get water ,,,,,,cant think ;'';'vision blurry';';;'Crapping of self,,,and thread SORRY

DaYuM!
I want what your on!

l Maximus l
04-10-2002, 11:20 AM
I'm back, folks! Man, it's great to be back...I have had the flu for a couple days, however, yesterday, I managed to play some Halo on-line.

Personally, I don't think it's a wise thing to start asking who makes good threads or posts because I don't think any of us want to be targeted or labelled in any way. Personally, I recommend just reading a few more threads that you are unsure of, and, if you see a trend of "good" or "bad" threads, then take action accordingly to your liking. Just my $0.02 :)

DZNUTZ
04-10-2002, 12:02 PM
you were sick too huh maximus?....man i've got something..don't know what it is...i get this knotting cramping type pain in my upper abdomen. i can't figure out what it is? by anychance did the flu u catch effect u like that?...p.s. glad your feeling better.

l Maximus l
04-10-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
you were sick too huh maximus?....man i've got something..don't know what it is...i get this knotting cramping type pain in my upper abdomen. i can't figure out what it is? by anychance did the flu u catch effect u like that?...p.s. glad your feeling better.

Thanks, dude....Well, actually, I am still kind of sick, however, much much better compared to yesterday and the day before...but, I didn't notice any pain in my abdomen. So, maybe you have something else. Man, I hope you feel better...being sick is the worst!! Mainly, I felt aching pains all over...more like I just got finished with the workout of the century. Kinda shivery on my body but my head felt like it was going to explode from hot pressure. I guess I also had a Fever. Not a good combo, to say the least.

Dude, go to the doctor, eventhough you probably may hate it like I do. I did and I'm glad I went...I feel a lot better today and am on the road to recovery. All I know is that I am seriously craving a beer!!!! :D

DZNUTZ
04-10-2002, 12:38 PM
glad to hear your on the road to recovery..all i know is that...after sunday night...where me and 3 buds devored 70 budlights via shots (drinking game) and 4 Xtra large pizzas ( me, 5-6 slices in 5-6 mins)....within 4 hours. (then some random # of beers after).....but since waking up monday morn....i've had no hang over but this unsual reoccuring pain. i do not like the doctors as most don't...but i will go if it don't go away in another week or 2...i'm just hoping its not an ulcer or escohigus(sp) cancer ( something i heard drinking could cause). my main concern is that i'm not familar with the pain. all i know is no more drinking till this goes away :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

l Maximus l
04-10-2002, 12:41 PM
glad to hear your on the road to recovery..all i know is that...after sunday night...where me and 3 buds devored 70 budlights via shots (drinking game) and 4 Xtra large pizzas ( me, 5-6 slices in 5-6 mins)....within 4 hours. (then some random # of beers after).....but since waking up monday morn....i've had no hang over but this unsual reoccuring pain. i do not like the doctors as most don't...but i will go if it don't go away in another week or 2...i'm just hoping its not an ulcer or escohigus(sp) cancer ( something i heard drinking could cause). my main concern is that i'm not familar with the pain. all i know is no more drinking till this goes away :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

Deeeeyaaaaamn!!! Dude, no offense, man...but, it sounds like you just got a hangover of a different kind! That's a lot of poison you consumed there! Your body is just pizzed off, that's all :D Just give it another day or so and you'll be fine. Just drink tons of water and you'll be drinking beer by this weekend :D

DZNUTZ
04-10-2002, 12:57 PM
man...i've done WAAAAAY worse then thast before....and i had no signs of hangover...i'm just hoping its nothing to serious..thanx for the concern...i'll reply in a few w/ wether its serious or not.

Hugh_Jass
04-10-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I'm back, folks! Man, it's great to be back...I have had the flu for a couple days

Herpes is a b!tch, isn't it?

Highlite23
04-11-2002, 09:22 AM

Is that better?

LMFAO !!!!!!!!!! WELL DONE!

crazyotto
04-11-2002, 10:25 AM
I didn't want this to turn into a bashing. This site, the forums here are always a good read. No harm intended to anyone on these forums. Props go to, again only in my opinion, people that sparked xbox info in a way that makes having an xbox more exciting:

Toder
DZNUTZ
VenoM
E-Xbox
Maximus
Ninja Scroll
Frostberg
JJaX
Hugh_Jass
Gortholomew
~nVidia~

There is on order in this, also this list is off the top of my head. I know there are more people that should be on the list, my bad your fault... Thanx to all!

Ninja Scroll
04-11-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by crazyotto
I didn't want this to turn into a bashing. This site, the forums here are always a good read. No harm intended to anyone on these forums. Props go to, again only in my opinion, people that sparked xbox info in a way that makes having an xbox more exciting:

Toder
DZNUTZ
VenoM
E-Xbox
Maximus
Ninja Scroll
Frostberg
JJaX
Hugh_Jass
Gortholomew
~nVidia~

There is on order in this, also this list is off the top of my head. I know there are more people that should be on the list, my bad your fault... Thanx to all!

Shoot, it took me 3 pages long to reply, I must be slippin or slackin,... one or the other:confused: .

Anyways, I feel ya junior. But is it me or has the last week in XBA been more about the members instead of the Xbox & it's killer games?

Well to make my contribution to the thread the only things that bother me are pretty much what JJax said earlier.
About the topics like: "What game should I get", " Is this game cool?", ya know, topics like that get out of hand and knock out other good topics.
Also I feel people make waaaaaaaay too many threads a day in here. I mean god, it's like we are being flooded in a chat room or something,... then again,... maybe it's jsut Ninja's thinking?
But overall as long as (not to knock any of the newer fellas) the older XBA's help control things in here I think we will be just fine.

I only wish the XBA mods/staff would regulate more like they are supposed too. i cant count how many off-topic threads I see in the "xbox" discussion boards a day.

Quote da Ninja,... never more!:)

**now how about we all head over to JJax's Dirty Jersey crib and do some pimpin! **:D

JJaX
04-11-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

**now how about we all head over to JJax's Dirty Jersey crib and do some pimpin! **:D

dam soilder, Always talking smack about da CriB! My place is a bachelor/gamers pad. We got a LAN going with xboxs, DC in the living room for soul calibur and all my SNES + Genesis Favs, Beer, beer pong table, 5.1 sorround sound going, water bed,DVD players, 2 cats, dirty mags, high tiimes, Bong, Herbs, mad TVs, bar coming soon. Shiiiit, Im livin comfortable.

Btw, Thanks for the Big Up Crazyotto! Im glad im one of the heads that makes your XBA stay worth while.

l Maximus l
04-11-2002, 12:24 PM

dam soilder, Always talking smack about da CriB!

Dude, no offense, JJaX...but, I think Ninja got the saying "Dirty Jerzee" from the location you mention under your name on the left hand side of your posts :D

JJaX
04-11-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Dude, no offense, JJaX...but, I think Ninja got the saying "Dirty Jerzee" from the location you mention under your name on the left hand side of your posts :D

Oh s4it... I forgot i lived in Dirty jersey!! :D

Yes i know, Im a tool...

DZNUTZ
04-11-2002, 12:32 PM
yea..thanx to crazyotto for the compliment;) ...lol@jjax getting all butt hurt at ninja for saying what he jjax claims....and as for the STOOPID "what games" threads....i've posted one before....and while they can get annoying if their all over the place....the reason i posted mine was because i feel this site has some of the best members..and your opinions are taken into consideration..if they weren't why would any of uz really be here. although i did get RSC due to recomendations and i DID end up returning it...but thats just cuz of my taste....i don't hold it against ya'll....*ahem* max....JK!!!

l Maximus l
04-11-2002, 12:39 PM
yea..thanx to crazyotto for the compliment;) ...lol@jjax getting all butt hurt at ninja for saying what he jjax claims....and as for the STOOPID "what games" threads....i've posted one before....and while they can get annoying if their all over the place....the reason i posted mine was because i feel this site has some of the best members..and your opinions are taken into consideration..if they weren't why would any of uz really be here. although i did get RSC due to recomendations and i DID end up returning it...but thats just cuz of my taste....i don't hold it against ya'll....*ahem* max....JK!!!

lol, DZNUTZ...I'm, honestly, bewildered that you didn't like Rallisport Challenge! You are the only dude I kow that didn't care for it... But, it's all good...It's an amazing racing game if you are into that genre :)

JJaX
04-11-2002, 12:39 PM
yea..thanx to crazyotto for the compliment;) ...lol@jjax getting all butt hurt at ninja for saying what he jjax claims....

No Hablas Espano Senor! WHat? :confused: :eek: :cool:

Batman2372
04-11-2002, 12:47 PM
I'll have to agree with Ninja... I've been gone for the last couple of weeks (working on a wedding and then off to training in Phoenix... ugh), but as I read through the posts of the last couple of weeks, it's a bit sad that posts have becoming increasingly more about people than the Xbox and it's games.

I like most of yall, but honestly, that's not why I come here. It's all about the games. My two cents are to say, "Let's keep it to the games".

Glad to see everyone that was gone/sick/otherwise offline are all back.

JJaX
04-11-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Batman2372
it's a bit sad that posts have becoming increasingly more about people than the Xbox and it's games.

I agree, But in a way i dont. I think yea we should talk about the games. But theres nothing wrong with deticated some thread to getting to know the people behind the post. Just my 4 cents cause my 2 cents always comes short......

chili325
04-11-2002, 01:10 PM
I think that Maximus has all the best posts. i dunno bout threads

xboxer2002
04-11-2002, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Shoot, it took me 3 pages long to reply, I must be slippin or slackin,... one or the other:confused: .

Anyways, I feel ya junior. But is it me or has the last week in XBA been more about the members instead of the Xbox & it's killer games?

Well to make my contribution to the thread the only things that bother me are pretty much what JJax said earlier.
About the topics like: "What game should I get", " Is this game cool?", ya know, topics like that get out of hand and knock out other good topics.
Also I feel people make waaaaaaaay too many threads a day in here. I mean god, it's like we are being flooded in a chat room or something,... then again,... maybe it's jsut Ninja's thinking?
But overall as long as (not to knock any of the newer fellas) the older XBA's help control things in here I think we will be just fine.
I only wish the XBA mods/staff would regulate more like they are supposed too. i cant count how many off-topic threads I see in the "xbox" discussion boards a day.

Quote da Ninja,... never more!:)

Ya. Quite a few