PDA

View Full Version : Quality posts

Spaztic
04-09-2002, 12:02 PM
I would like to bring up something that has been bothering me for awhile. I joined this forum in Dec of last year since then I have been enjoying the conversations about the xbox and the games comming out. I held this site as a good source for info and others opinions. Lately I have been noticing post with pure crap in them. People are posting polls on banning people, what kind of thoughts going though their heads, and pure brain farts. It seems that all some people are concerned about is there post count. To be honest with you I think this detracts from the overall quality of this site and feel people need to be a little more mature! I know though the time we have all become online friends but can't we move all of the "off-topic" conversations to the off topic forum. If you want to post crap go there! Its not that hard, and that way if people don't want to look at your chats unrelated about the xbox they don't have to.

Crazyotto just joined this club and did you see his post. Basically he thinks most of the posts here are crap, as well as I. The first impression is the most important. If newbies come in see all this poop they will probably never be back. I like to hear from the regulars from here but sometimes I like to hear a new opinion. I am sure Stephen would like his forums to not be considered a pleathra of people posting there own conversations about unrelated info! I am positive he intented the topics to be the common thing that binds us together........the XBOX!

-I am in no way directing this to anyone but I do have a few examples if wanted?!

Anyone agree? If not I am obviously not in the right place.

Xtopia
04-09-2002, 12:45 PM
No offense, but maybe this is one of those threads that should go in the "Suggestions/Ideas" or "Off Topic" lounge.

JJaX
04-09-2002, 12:58 PM
Its true its true....

Im guilty of accidently ruining threads by going off topic. Im sorry, i just type whats going through my head. But i catch myself sometimes and try to steer threads back to there orginal topics. But i agree, 85% of the threads in general discussion are of the same topic or just garbage.

LynxFX
04-09-2002, 01:04 PM
bryanhls,

I agree with you as well. Infact I brought this up a few months ago too. Posted it here, so it would get the most viewing from the users that it was being directed at and then 10 minutes later it was moved to the sudgestions forum and never read again, then ultimately forgotten.

This place can be a great place to meet people and talk about Xbox things but sometimes I wonder wtf the mods are actually thinking. No offense to you mods but it is only you that can sort the crap. I no it is a time consuming job but when you get sincere offers to help or new ideas you just flake them off and the messageboard continues to go down the sewers.

Just look at how many users you have now, but then look at how many actually post. Huge difference and I think most of it is because of how unorganized things can get in here very fast.

Not to say that I don't enjoy reading some of these crazy conversations some people get off on too. :D

Spaztic
04-09-2002, 01:06 PM
No offense, but maybe this is one of those threads that should go in the "Suggestions/Ideas" or "Off Topic" lounge.

no offence taken.
I totally agree but if it went there no one would see the issue that I present since it inplys to the forum we are in now!

Xtopia
04-09-2002, 01:11 PM
I totally agree but if it went there no one would see the issue that I present since it inplys to the forum we are in now!

You'r right, I sometimes forget that a thread in the "Suggestion & Ideas" lounge will be forgotten. I guess I just wanted to let you know nicely before some jackass comes here and flames you.

Ninja Scroll
04-09-2002, 01:49 PM
I agree with your point of views bro, but I could go on and on about this subject.
Honestly, I think if the XBA moderators/staff would spend more time in the forums and regulate like they should everything will eventually fall into place.:)

Quote da Ninja, never more!:cool:

Master Gracey
04-09-2002, 02:19 PM
I back you up 100% on this... what a great post!

And you know what I like the most about it? Everyone on this thread has written in actual English. You know... like the kind you learn about in 1st grade. I find most posts to be unintelligible (though I'm sure words like "unintelligible" make this kind of post unintelligible to 3/4 of the population at large.) Congrats, gents!

I've noticed a disturbing trend where meaningful discussion gets ignored while "dat gam is dope!" will get 40 replies. Wats up wit dat? :rolleyes:

JJaX
04-09-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Master Gracey
I back you up 100% on this... what a great post!

And you know what I like the most about it? Everyone on this thread has written in actual English. You know... like the kind you learn about in 1st grade. I find most posts to be unintelligible (though I'm sure words like "unintelligible" make this kind of post unintelligible to 3/4 of the population at large.) Congrats, gents!

I've noticed a disturbing trend where meaningful discussion gets ignored while "dat gam is dope!" will get 40 replies. Wats up wit dat? :rolleyes:

Good post.....
but speaking of "Dat game is dope!"

Yo, Anyone Hit Up rali sport Yet. That game is iLL Son. I was druNK as s4it playing 4 player battle. That game is tighter than a MaW FaulKer. :D

silvertrace
04-09-2002, 02:45 PM
first off, good topic..........i agree that the forums need to have more organization but its hard to control all the people that post here....gotta take the good with the bad....

.......just wanted to say that not a day goes by that Jjax doesn't make me laugh outloud when i'm reading the forum..............:cool:

hehehehehehehehe.....so when we gonna play jjax?

E-Xbox
04-09-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
I agree with your point of views bro, but I could go on and on about this subject.
Honestly, I think if the XBA moderators/staff would spend more time in the forums and regulate like they should everything will eventually fall into place.:)

Quote da Ninja, never more!:cool:

hehe...ninja read my mind...

peace

JJaX
04-09-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace
.......just wanted to say that not a day goes by that Jjax doesn't make me laugh outloud when i'm reading the forum..............:cool:

hehehehehehehehe.....so when we gonna play jjax?

Im glad i bring laughter into lives. Thats my job. As far as lighting you up in Halo, ill look for you everytime im on. (which is not very much anymore, because everyone on IRC + gamespy are sore losers)

GokuX
04-09-2002, 05:55 PM
I agree here, it's good to bring this up every so often so that the new people to the board will know to post in the off topic. Thanks for bringing it up Bryanhls.