PDA

View Full Version : What games to buy beside Halo?

Mantis
04-09-2002, 02:58 PM
For those of you who don't know me, I play Halo every Monday night and am a member of The Circle of Twelve. I don't actually own an xbox yet, but I just found out I'm getting a nice settlement back from an accident last year. This means as soon as the check hits my hot little hands, I'll be buying a system. Obviously, I'll buy Halo. What other games do you all recommend since I'm not really familiar with any of the rest of them?

ScorpionX
04-09-2002, 03:07 PM
I recommend RSC and JSRF

Romo28
04-09-2002, 03:09 PM
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
A Must!!!

Mantis
04-09-2002, 03:22 PM
Ok, I've actually played Tony Hawk on Nintendo and remember liking it. Has anyone played Bond for xbox yet?

ScorpionX
04-09-2002, 03:25 PM
Bond is a very short game. If you want a game that will last you for a while I don't recommend this. The multiplayer is OK but I think it could be better. I think you should rent it first and see if you like it.

Xtopia
04-09-2002, 04:32 PM
I reccomend RSC! That game is sweet! A lot better than PGR! I did not even like PGR...But I love RSC!!!:D

Slamming J
04-09-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Mantis
Ok, I've actually played Tony Hawk on Nintendo and remember liking it. Has anyone played Bond for xbox yet?

I highly, highly recommend Bond! It's an awesome game (once you change the controls a little)! You can make the controls pretty much EXACTLY like Halo's. So it's awesome gameplay wise!

And yes, it's kind of short, but I honestly think it has good replay value!

I also recommend Jet Set Radio Future and NHL 2002. I play them all the time! :D
Oh, and also Rallisport Challenge, I rented it and loved it! But I haven't picked it up to buy yet.

Alien
04-09-2002, 08:48 PM
I'd say buy HALO, and then another copy of HALO, just in case the 1st one gets damaged....and JSRF gets sort of old, "I'm cooking for my son, and his wife..." Yeah, sure. anyway, then also maybe 007: AUF, or DoA. Thats bout it.

xboxman_1
04-09-2002, 09:41 PM
Well, don't really know what you like, so these are games that I have that I do not recommend:
Obi-Wan
Blood Wake
Games you might wanna rent first:
Wreckless
Project Gotham Racing
Maybe Blood Omen 2, I really liked that game
Games I highly recomend:
Halo (Duh!)
Max Payne
Blood Omen 2

Slamming J
04-09-2002, 09:46 PM
What are you talking about? obi wan is awesome! :D

Tiger
04-09-2002, 11:21 PM
Everyone wish Mantis a belated birthday!!!!! She just turned 21 the other day!!!! :)

In regards to your question Mantis, here are my suggestions for you:

Both of the Tony Hawk games for Xbox are really good. I highly recommend them and I also believe YOU will enjoy them. I don't really recommend the James Bond game. I've played it and if you've played Halo as much as we have the James Bond game sucks by comparison.

SSX Tricky is a very fun snowboarding game that I think you'll enjoy.

IF you enjoy racing games I would recommend Ralisport Challenge as well.

Tiger

Mantis
04-10-2002, 09:37 AM
Tiger, you sweetheart you! I turned 27!! But I'm glad to know I look 21... Thanks to all for the suggestions. I'll let you know what I end up with.
;)

Stiffy
04-10-2002, 11:07 AM
Mantis, I recommend you buy "Back off, Charlie!" from EA. In it, you play a really cool spatula-wielding dominatrix that fights off a bunch of pigs that try to snag all the food you cook. The lasagna level is top notch.

Huckleberry
04-10-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Stiffy
Mantis, I recommend you buy "Back off, Charlie!" from EA. In it, you play a really cool spatula-wielding dominatrix that fights off a bunch of pigs that try to snag all the food you cook. The lasagna level is top notch.

Stiffy...i love that game...especially toward the end of that level, where she tells the people for whom she has guarded the lasagna that they had better consume it before the next level or they, too, shall feel the wrath of the teflon spatula

and you'd think that whoever developed that level would have at least made a decent garlic bread!

Mantis
04-10-2002, 11:30 AM
One trick they don't tell you about that game is that one of the secrets is to just take off the top of the bread with all the butter and discard the rest. Then promptly beat yourself with the spatula until your teammate comes to rescue you by handing you yet another Sam Adams. You have to change the configuration on the controller, though, because you can die by the time the lasagna gets cold. :mad:

Huckleberry
04-10-2002, 11:36 AM
speaking of which...i got exactly 0 of those sam adams...:confused:

as far as games go, mantis...you are certainly welcome to borrow ssx tricky, nfl 2k2, asb 2003, rallisport challenge (RSC), or thps2 at any time.

Yolo
04-10-2002, 04:37 PM
I recommend the following games---

DJEU
SEWD
JUCDS
WTINE
COT
WWJD
and who could forget ATKHAATKMCPHDBTA

this reminder sent to you to remind you that some of us have no clue on game acronyms.

$20 bucks to the one who figures out the last one... really!!!

Stiffy
04-10-2002, 04:49 PM
Quick question: how do I get the larger CO12 logo underneith my threads?

Mantis
04-11-2002, 09:43 AM
Yolo, you read my mind. You're hillarious!

Stiffy, ask Huckleberry. He did it for me. Start by downloading the jpeg onto www.yoursighost.com and ask Huck what to do after that...