PDA

View Full Version : What makes a good game?

Xtreame65
04-09-2002, 04:51 PM
hi, i am new here and i was just wondering what u guys thought it takes to make a good game.

it seems to me that a game like halo is good because of a mix of good storyline, graphics and gameplay (not in that order)

but for a game like doa3 you need a mix of good graphics and gameplay (mainly multyplayer gameplay), there is not much need for storyline.

Romo28
04-09-2002, 04:53 PM
A game that you get stuck on a certain part and you think about how you might be able to beat it all day long. And then you rush home as soon as you can to play it. That is a good game.

khaos2005
04-09-2002, 04:56 PM
Gameplay makes the game. Good graphics add to the game.

Pong is a good game and fun to play, but the graphics are generally dull. Good gameplay doesn't mean a good game. If a game has terrible graphics, but good gameplay, I still won't enjoy it very much. Also, if a game has nice graphics, but dull gameplay, it won't be very enjoyable. You need a high end balance of both. Story lines are a plus, but not as big a deal to me.

CodeMonkey
04-09-2002, 04:57 PM
Could be here all night so im not going to bother sorry…

But welcome to the forums…

E-Xbox
04-09-2002, 05:09 PM
gameplay first and foremost!
after that....graphics..sound...story....mp....
everything is juss sprinkles on top...
if there is no good gameplay...but amazing everythin else...
its still no good...

peace

TEA
04-09-2002, 08:59 PM
Gameplay first....... and foremost then Storyline......then Replay Value.....Grphics and sound last.