PDA

View Full Version : tell me why

king cadaver
04-09-2002, 04:58 PM
ok i need serious awsers here not just "the xbox box rocks!"
i am a pc gamer at hart i always try and have a max system and am really into the online gameing clan thing.
but i got an xbox because of halo..i could`nt help it i HAD to play it.
i was not dissapointed(apart from the later level design...that last
warhog escape was the most anoying thing ever lol!!)
but now i look at the games line up and lets face it there are some great games comming out but nothing that comes close to the cutting edge pc line up soon to hit the shelves.
why should i not now sell my xbox and buy a geforce 4 vid card..
apart from all the other things the xbox does i cant stand all those console type games comming out ..i need more fps that i cant play on pc..and SOON..it just seems xbos has a great stating line up ...but nothing else for the more hardcore gamer for a long time..this is not a anti xbox post i do think its the best console by far...but the thought of a big fat juicey gforce 4 whooper powering my games is soooo tempting...i have a gf 3 ti 500 thats unreal as it is.....your thoughts please

Romo28
04-09-2002, 05:05 PM
Dude, all I have to say is that it's your money, so do what you want to with it. If someone tells you "yo man, stay with it, there is going to be so many hot games you can't even believe it, xbox rules the world" or something like that, and you stay with it and you are disappointed, then you will be ****ed off at that person.
The Xbox will always be there to buy if you ever want to. If you want to stick with PC games, stick with PC games. Do what you want. Alot of people here would have children with their Xbox is possible and they are going to give you an incredable line of reasons that state their reasons (not yours) why they have an Xbox.

Bottom Line: Make the decision that will bring you the most enjoyment.

E-Xbox
04-09-2002, 05:07 PM
yo rite now...
all the geforce 4's are worse than the geforce 3 ti

unless the sick geforce 4 ti one is out...

but still.....
why get a new vid card when u already got an amazing one...
why keep the xbox?
cuz of xbox exclusive games like project ego...
and the only play games like unreal championship..
sure pc will get UT2 and U2...but UC is completely different

peace

CodeMonkey
04-09-2002, 05:08 PM
Well could go into many areas of why not buy a geforce 4 and sell the Xbox. However im just going to stick with 1..You will NEVER get better graphics from a geforce 4 then u would from the Xbox.. Why u may ask, well when a company makes a game for the pc, they need to take into account that many people will not own the latest graphics card, therefore they need to adapt the game to most types of graphics cards which results in less graphics and processing power…the Xbox however is standard equipment in ever console, therefore game developers can squeeze every drop of processing power the card has to offer…

Dre
04-09-2002, 05:11 PM
I want to say that I'm a PC gamer as well. That said, I'll try and answer some of your questions.

Well, first of all, with your Geforce 4 you won't be seeing many games taking advantage of it for another little while. With the Xbox, its one hardware platform so games are designed (well, the ones worth buying anyways..) to use that hardware to the max. We haven't even begun to see Xbox's full potential yet. Things are only going to get better. By the time PC games start coming out that require Geforce 4's you'll probably of been able to save up enough for 5 of them.

Now, as for PC game lineup vs. Xbox game lineup I truly cannot see what you are talking about. One of the reasons I purchased an Xbox is because IMHO good games for PC are lacking. Sure there will be releases for PC that you'll want to play and nothing's preventing you, but most of the really big games are coming to Xbox as well. Morrowind, Half-life 2, MoH, Doom III (not 100% on this one) are all coming out for both PC and Xbox. When you look at Xbox exclusive games coming such as Brute Force, Unreal Championship and Project Ego, I can't see how anyone would say that the forthcoming lineup is anything short of stellar.

Howabout replying with the games coming out for PC that are making you have these opinions, maybe I can point you to xbox games that are similar. I also wouldn't mind knowing which games are coming out for PC that are so awesome to make you think this.. I haven't heard anything!!

Spaztic
04-09-2002, 05:14 PM
Well could go into many areas of why not buy a geforce 4 and sell the Xbox. However im just going to stick with 1..You will NEVER get better graphics from a geforce 4 then u would from the Xbox.. Why u may ask, well when a company makes a game for the pc, they need to take into account that many people will not own the latest graphics card, therefore they need to adapt the game to most types of graphics cards which results in less graphics and processing power…the Xbox however is standard equipment in ever console, therefore game developers can squeeze every drop of processing power the card has to offer…

Yeah games won't be made for the gforce 4 probably until the geforce5 comes out so if you want to buy a highly expensive product that you will get no benefit from for a couple years go right ahead. By the time the geforce4 is being used for games it will be $60

GokuX
04-09-2002, 05:49 PM
CodeMonkey
1..You will NEVER get better graphics from a geforce 4 then u would from the Xbox.. Why u may ask, well when a company makes a game for the pc, they need to take into account that many people will not own the latest graphics card, therefore they need to adapt the game to most types of graphics cards which results in less graphics and processing power…the Xbox however is standard equipment in ever console, therefore game developers can squeeze every drop of processing power the card has to offer…

Thank you CodeMonkey for posting this. I've harped on this in other threads similar to this one, you saved me from having to re-type it again.:)

King Cadaver, definitely without a doubt keep your Xbox. I'm not saying you shouldn't get a GF4 if you have extra money down the line, but you should absolutely not sell your Xbox to get a GF4.

JimmieDoogan
04-09-2002, 06:20 PM
Stick with it if your a gamer. If you truely enjoy games for GAMES and not the system they are on (which I am finding no such thing within you via your current post) then keep your Xbox to compliment your PC. I have done so myself. I don't consider myself a console gamer, nor do I consider myself a PC gamer. I am a gamer, plain and simple. If there is a good game to be played, I will play it. As I said, its about games, not what system they are on.

CodeMonkey
04-09-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by GokuX

Thank you CodeMonkey for posting this. I've harped on this in other threads similar to this one, you saved me from having to re-type it again.:)

No probs Gokux.......seem we were thinking on the same lines for this post...:D

Crazy Joe
04-10-2002, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by king cadaver
i need more fps that i cant play on pc..and SOON...

well, at the minimum you should have Brute Force soon, which looks like an INCREDIBLE FPS to play, which is only on Xbox, from what I understand, I could be wrong, so don't quote me.

Skarp
04-10-2002, 04:32 AM
One of the reasons I have an xbox is cause I live in a frat house so its easy picking up multiplayer games. Its not like someone is going to come into my room and I'll say, hey, you want to play on my PC with me ???

robnyack
04-10-2002, 12:06 PM
why should i not now sell my xbox and buy a geforce 4 vid card..

do what I did...buy both! :cool:

Seriously, why does this have to be an either or thing? Sometimes there is going to be a KILLER game for the pc, sometimes there is going to be a KILLER game for the xbox. I say, you need to be prepared for either or.

Crazy Joe
04-10-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by robnyack

do what I did...buy both! :cool:

Seriously, why does this have to be an either or thing?

$$$ last time i looked money doesn't grow on trees, maybe he can't afford to get both.

JJaX
04-10-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew

well, at the minimum you should have Brute Force soon, which looks like an INCREDIBLE FPS to play, which is only on Xbox, from what I understand, I could be wrong, so don't quote me.

I believe brute force will be a squad based game, from a 3rd person perspective. At least thats what the movies indicate.

Crazy Joe
04-10-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

I believe brute force will be a squad based game, from a 3rd person perspective. At least thats what the movies indicate.

oops. my mistake. sorry:rolleyes:

JJaX
04-10-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew

oops. my mistake. sorry:rolleyes:

No need to roll eyes master P

i was just correcting you in a friendly matter.

ARGGG MAteY

cornflake
04-10-2002, 02:21 PM
i like xbox because I DONT HAVE TO GET OFF MY LAZY ****IN ASS to go play computer

Toder
04-10-2002, 03:33 PM
well with games like bounty hunter and unreal championship coming out i think there is going to be plenty of FPS games coming out. Plus there are also going to be a lot PC games coming out for the xbox like SoF and Return to Castle Wolfeinstien. All is needed is time, so keep your xbox and there should be plenty of games to fulfill your desire.

04-10-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by king cadaver

...that last
warhog escape was the most anoying thing ever lol!!)

This is a bit off-topic than what everyone else is talking about, but that's one of my favorite parts of the game. Especially co-op. Going off of the jumps, running over guys, everything's exploding, and one of your buddy's is gunning down enemies from the back...
It's not as hard if you play that part a lot, but I wouldn't say it's annoying. But hey, you have your opinion and I have mine:)

FlyBoy
04-10-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey

Right on CodeMonkey... couldn't have been said better any other way.