PDA

View Full Version : Thps3

squid413
04-09-2002, 09:40 PM
Ok i was just wondering if for this game you have to play system link to play with your friends or if multiple players can play on the same box.

X-Factor
04-09-2002, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by squid413
Ok i was just wondering if for this game you have to play system link to play with your friends or if multiple players can play on the same box. You can only have up to 2 players on one Xbox. You'll need system-link for 4-16 players.

silvertrace
04-09-2002, 09:46 PM
also u can play system link online with THP3 on xbconnect and gamespy.......

www.xbconnect.com

www.gamespy.com

welcome to xba.................:)

JJaX
04-10-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by X-Factor
You can only have up to 2 players on one Xbox. You'll need system-link for 4-16 players.

I think you can only get like 8 people all together. We got a lan at my place and System link + THPS3 lasted about 5 minutes. im thinking about Returning the game. Ive had enough THPS in the last 3 years.

l Maximus l
04-10-2002, 11:04 AM
I heard that THPS3 is a sweet game. Is it worth getting?

DZNUTZ
04-10-2002, 01:07 PM
IMO.... YES..... i've seen it several places for 40 bucks too. i'd go for it. only thing that sucks is that in thps2x you could have 4 people on multi player (w/out link) compared to 3's 2people mult mode...and it seems to me that on thps3...you can't go back tracks on your custom soundtrack as you could do on thps2x. anyone else notice the soundtrack prob i just mentioned? and let me say for every person here who, if they don't start off with their first trick being 100k + , reset it like i do..that sucks cuz you could miss one of your good tracks.

JJaX
04-10-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
IMO.... YES..... i've seen it several places for 40 bucks too. i'd go for it. only thing that sucks is that in thps2x you could have 4 people on multi player (w/out link) compared to 3's 2people mult mode...and it seems to me that on thps3...you can't go back tracks on your custom soundtrack as you could do on thps2x. anyone else notice the soundtrack prob i just mentioned? and let me say for every person here who, if they don't start off with their first trick being 100k + , reset it like i do..that sucks cuz you could miss one of your good tracks.

i know exactly what your saying. Right off the bat if you dont pull off a 100K+ move i start over. I can go through an entire album in like 1 minute.
i have also created a "ALL BEATS" album on my box, Where i duplicated every song so its in one song track.

Then a song i really like will come on "Oh yeah, Thats ma s4it, Im bout to shoW yall who Tony HawKs Daddy Iz!" then i bust my ass and have to start over and the song skips. :(

was i rambling?

Wu3000
04-10-2002, 01:25 PM
yup you were. so in thps rounds are only 2 minutes, tourneys only 1. none of the rounds are long enough to listen to a whole song.?! unless your skating free. but then again if you were then it wouldnt matter if your first trick was 100k+.

wu

JJaX
04-10-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Wu3000
yup you were. so in thps rounds are only 2 minutes, tourneys only 1. none of the rounds are long enough to listen to a whole song.?! unless your skating free. but then again if you were then it wouldnt matter if your first trick was 100k+.

wu

Still, 2 minutes of a good song i can rack up a mean score...

E-Xbox
04-10-2002, 02:24 PM
yo

for the song to continue through runs and and stuff u go to music options and change from music to ambience

then the track juss continues from run to run....

cuz i used to have the prob u guys talking bout...

peace

JJaX
04-10-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox
yo

for the song to continue through runs and and stuff u go to music options and change from music to ambience

then the track juss continues from run to run....

cuz i used to have the prob u guys talking bout...

peace

Say Word?

Ill have to check that out next time i got the hankering for some THPS3

E-Xbox
04-10-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Say Word?

Ill have to check that out next time i got the hankering for some THPS3

yea man..during the game..juss pause..go to sound options or whateva....and change the option from music to ambience...

peace

Nato King
04-11-2002, 08:44 AM
http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~dannyv23/focus/tonypic.JPG

Tony Hawk. The Best Damn Skater On The Planet. He Is The First Man To Ever Perform A 900° In Competition. :) :)

E-Xbox
04-11-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Serg_w
http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~dannyv23/focus/tonypic.JPG

Tony Hawk. The Best Damn Skater On The Planet. He Is The First Man To Ever Perform A 900° In Competition. :) :)

key words: IN COMPETITION
too bad he didnt cleanly land it!

peace

Wu3000
04-11-2002, 05:55 PM
thanks exbox ill have to try that when i get home.

wu

Liquid Gears
04-11-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by E-Xbox

key words: IN COMPETITION
too bad he didnt cleanly land it!

peace

Sorry, but I think Rodney Mullen is the best damn skater on the planet. He is the creater of just about every amazing grind out there. My favorite skater is Bucky Lasek. I've been watching his career for a llllllloooooooonnnnnnnnnnngggggggg time.

Liquid Gears
04-11-2002, 06:42 PM
I've beaten the game about 40 times. After I finish it, I just make a new character and go through it again. I've been playing this game everyday since it first got released. After awhile I ran out of ideas for characters. Until I found out how to make baby characters in THPS3. It's way more fun playing the game with them. I figured it out, let's see if you guys can. HA HA HA!!!

Liquid Gears
04-12-2002, 10:37 AM
hmm......well?