PDA

View Full Version : Everquest

MOlsen
04-10-2002, 12:50 PM
Wahhhh! Everquest is coming to the PS2, but it is exclusive. Meaning I won't get it for the Xbox. Not terribly suprising, since Verant is owned by Sony, but really dissappointing. Everquest was the only computer game I really, really enjoyed playing. Some of the Xbox games are nice, but I'm really waiting for the online games. I'm not excited about Phantasy Star Online 2 ... it looks like the Power-Rangers, or whatever it was the little kids were playing for a while. I want a good D&D online game ... like Evercrack. Who knows, maybe Microsoft will dig up an improved online version of Asheron's Call or something for us.

Hobgoblin
04-10-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by MOlsen
Wahhhh! Everquest is coming to the PS2, but it is exclusive. Meaning I won't get it for the Xbox. Not terribly suprising, since Verant is owned by Sony, but really dissappointing. Everquest was the only computer game I really, really enjoyed playing. Some of the Xbox games are nice, but I'm really waiting for the online games. I'm not excited about Phantasy Star Online 2 ... it looks like the Power-Rangers, or whatever it was the little kids were playing for a while. I want a good D&D online game ... like Evercrack. Who knows, maybe Microsoft will dig up an improved online version of Asheron's Call or something for us.

You should go to www.gaming-age.com and look at those EverQuest screen shots. Be sure to have a barf bag on hand. The gameplay may be great but my eyes would bleed out if I had to look at that for a period of time.

JJaX
04-10-2002, 01:23 PM
i never played Everquest. But i heard its kinda like crack.

Kortiz
04-10-2002, 01:35 PM
Ok, for one thing. EQ on PS2 is going to suck.....you get nothing on ps2 like you do on PC....i play eq, i play about 30 to 40 hours aweek on htat game, the one and only reason i dont play XBOX as much as i would like to.....the thing im saying here is that its ognna suck ass so dont feel so bad when you can just go play it on your comp with better graphics and such......i also heard that Everquest on ps2 will only have the old world available to all who plays, and i dont think that they will be able to use one of the 40 some odd servers available......just to put it bluntly, PS2 is not gonna be gaining much money with this.....everyone who has ever played everquest knows this is true.

EVERQUEST RULES!!!!!

MOlsen
04-10-2002, 01:44 PM
Yes, I figured the graphics would suck on the PS2. It would have been so much cheaper for them to develope it for the Xbox, the graphics would have been better, and those of us who have played EQ know about modems .... broadband would have been so much nicer. I don't care it is only old world, I liked the old world much better than Kunark and Lucilin anyway. The advantages of a MMORPG are that it would be much harder to cheat, they could go back and rework the economic models, and it would be a smaller, hopefully nicer community.

Nato King
04-10-2002, 02:12 PM
I have never seen or heard about a game called Everyquest. I took a look at the screen shots and I found it very nice but does anybody have any information on it. Like a write up on it or a Review. I really would like to know more about this game it sounds really interesting. Thanks:) :)

l Maximus l
04-10-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Serg_w
I have never seen or heard about a game called Everyquest. I took a look at the screen shots and I found it very nice but does anybody have any information on it. Like a write up on it or a Review. I really would like to know more about this game it sounds really interesting. Thanks:) :)

Dude, Serg...Everquest is, arguably, the most popular RPG on the PC of all time. I mean, people really get into this game...they hold banquets and parties...and just about anything you can imagine. I've even seen Midevil gatherings...no joke!

It's almost like a cult...lol... :D I would probably be very interested in it if I were more into the RPG genre. But, I know several people that are die hard Everquest gamers.

king cadaver
04-10-2002, 03:18 PM
everquest is/was big on the pc..i played it..but it is a failing franchise...and the thought of playing it on a ps2 sounds awful
it just sounds like they are trying to sqeeze some extra cash out of the good name its made for it self.
if you are into mmorpg..this is not a title to be looking to the future for...try anarchy online or dark age of camalot....or the real biggy thats going to rock the world star wars galaxys..some of these have just got to find there way to xbox

Kortiz
04-10-2002, 03:24 PM
i would like to know how they are going to do patches.....it wont be out for awhile i know that...havent read into this being on PS2, but the everquest board i goto was talking about it.....where are you going to get space? oh yeah, you can buy a harddrive for like 200bucks...hmmmm 50bucks for everquest on ps2(just for eq the oldest version, its 10bucks) playing on a sucky modem with the horrible crap that PoS2 has to offer is going to be lagg city.

bah.....eq on ps2 is gonna suck, oh well, be safe yall, i gots to go buy a bracer of sense for my iksar shaman on eci. hehe

XBOX Dude
04-11-2002, 10:29 AM
it gonna suck ass with everybody jerkin around with 56k's