PDA

View Full Version : How big is the internal hard drive?

tennyson
04-10-2002, 03:02 PM
Anyone out there know? How much space does a typical saved game take up? Thanks!

GokuX
04-10-2002, 03:08 PM
The Xbox hard drive is 8gigs. A save probably takes somewhere from the 500k - 1 or 2 some odd meg range.

aronx
04-10-2002, 03:11 PM
This thread is screaming for a smart azz answer. However, I'm fresh out at the moment so I'll go with the "I'm a generic xba member so I'll be nice to this moron just so everyone one will accept me" answer:

HD = 8 gigs
Block ~ 16K

do the math.

khaos2005
04-10-2002, 03:17 PM
Let's not forget about the "search" feature on this site. I have seen about 4 threads in the past week asking basically the same question.

By the way, welcome to the best XBox site there is! ;)

tennyson
04-10-2002, 03:19 PM
Thanks Gokux.

Aronx, it seems that acceptance is something that you have to work on a daily basis.

JJaX
04-10-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by tennyson
Thanks Gokux.

Aronx, it seems that acceptance is something that you have to work on a daily basis.

No he's just a wise ass with a big stick up his ass. Expect wise ass comments, even when he's trying not to be a wise ass. Just read his profile for godsakes. Almost makes me wanna cry for the fat bastard

khaos2005
04-10-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
No he's just a wise ass with a big stick up his ass. Expect wise ass comments, even when he's trying not to be a wise ass. Just read his profile for godsakes. Almost makes me wanna cry for the fat bastard

Yeah, but the real clincher is his website. That's even weirder.

Dre
04-10-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by khaos2005

Yeah, but the real clincher is his website. That's even weirder.

To each his own thing... obviously some things are definitely stranger than others though...much stranger

aronx
04-11-2002, 02:46 PM
my only goal is to enlighten you guys. sometimes I come off as being abrasive. sometimes I can be sweet and caring. I dont really care how ya view me, f-ya. I got plenty of friends in the "real" world.

Dre
04-11-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by aronx
my only goal is to enlighten you guys. sometimes I come off as being abrasive. sometimes I can be sweet and caring. I dont really care how ya view me, f-ya. I got plenty of friends in the "real" world.

I'm not exactly sure how you plan on enlightening us when almost every post I've seen of yours starts off with calling the original poster a smart ass or something similar along those lines. Not everyone has the genius you flatter yourself with and this IS the place to ask those q's.

DZNUTZ
04-11-2002, 04:59 PM
hey yo dre....i bet ( in the day) my he-man collection, whooped your he-mans collection ash!!!!

man i used to be a huge he-man freak when i was a kid..
then g.i.joe!

LynxFX
04-11-2002, 05:11 PM
Still have all of my He-Man stuff in a box in the closet. I need to bring it all out again sometime. I loved that stuff. Hopefully my Castle Grey Skull is still intact. :D

thejoker
04-11-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
Still have all of my He-Man stuff in a box in the closet. I need to bring it all out again sometime. I loved that stuff. Hopefully my Castle Grey Skull is still intact. :D

OMG! I still have all of my figures as well and I'm 28.

"BY THE POWERS OF GREY SKULL!"... hahahahaa

Later,

wweomaniac
04-11-2002, 05:56 PM
And if it is of any relevance to you... the Hardrive is made by a company called:

Seagate

LynxFX
04-11-2002, 05:59 PM
Some are Western Digital as well.

GokuX
04-11-2002, 07:31 PM
I still wonder why they didn't opt for an ATA 100 cable for connecting the hard drive.

LynxFX
04-11-2002, 09:10 PM
Yeah that doesn't make sense besides the fact that the performance increase is so little that I bet they are just using an ATA33 controller. Wish they opted for ATA 66 or ATA 100. Would have helped load times.

Dre
04-11-2002, 09:21 PM
Its to save a few bucks.... thats the only reason. If you think about, say the cable has a 5$ difference.. not that much when you think of it just for one console, but multiply that by millions of consoles sold and you have your answer. Its also possible to replace the cable yourself if you are adventurous... click on my sig.. one of the few howto's I actually bothered to write up shows you how.

GokuX
04-11-2002, 10:25 PM
Hey Dre have you noticed much of a difference? I've read that switching the cable helps to get rid of load lag when you're jumping around between game menus so it's more instantaneous.

Dre
04-11-2002, 10:44 PM
No noticeable in game difference... it does lower your cd-ripping time by a couple of minutes though.

LynxFX
04-12-2002, 01:03 AM
An ata33 cable and an ata66(ata100 and ata133 are all the same cable, no difference) differ in production cost of around a quarter. Probably less than that even. You can't go by retail stores and how much they charge as a difference.

I would still think that the main reason was that they are using cheaper ata33 controllers on the motherboard. Either that or someone wasn't paying attention at the shop. :confused: