PDA

View Full Version : WOW! Xbox Stalingrad Revealed:

XboxGamers
04-10-2002, 07:57 PM
WOW!

Link: http://www.xengamers.com/sections/news/7013/

French developer 4X Studios has confirmed plans for a new Xbox shooting game entitled Stalingrad. Scheduled for release later this year, the game's story will revolve around the famous World War II battle, fought in the Russian city of the game's namesake. In the fall of 1942 when the German Third Reich was at its height of power, only Stalingrad stood between Adolph Hitler and total European dominance. In the martyred city crushed by bombs, a young Russian is thrown into the hell of battle and quickly becomes the most feared sniper by German troops. Stalingrad follows the historical battle through the eyes of the sniper. Players must accomplish various missions, helped by bots or friends in a unique cooperative mode.
http://www.xengamers.com/docs/news/elements/files/sgd2.jpg
http://www.xengamers.com/docs/news/elements/files/sgd1.jpg
http://www.xengamers.com/docs/news/elements/files/sgd3.jpg
http://www.xengamers.com/docs/news/elements/files/sgd4.jpg

E-Xbox
04-10-2002, 08:03 PM
SWEEEEEET!!!
i mite get this game...
its a def rental so far!

peace

ScorpionX
04-10-2002, 08:05 PM
Sweet, I really like war games and I will probably end up getting this one.

Liquid Gears
04-10-2002, 08:43 PM
Awesome Man, what game is this and where'd you find it. The grafics look great and so do the characters. Good job finding it!!!

XboxGamers
04-10-2002, 08:58 PM
We are getting some sweet WWII games soon, Battlefield 1942, MOA and this one. Wooohooo!!1 :D

ADEMA_RULES
04-10-2002, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by XboxGamers
We are getting some sweet WWII games soon, Battlefield 1942, MOA and this one. Wooohooo!!1 :D

and there Desert Storm. I don't know what war its base on if its WW2 or the on thats kind of happening right now and I think there one more but forgot at least Xbox hasen't got any of those stupid army games that are toy armys and stuff.

Hugh_Jass
04-10-2002, 10:00 PM
Nice pix. It will be interesting to follow the progress of this game's development.

FpS_PhReeK
04-10-2002, 10:23 PM
I say the more FPS's the merrier.... man those walls look almost photo realistic... I really would love to see a player model... We will have to keep our ears close to the ground on this title...

Thanks again for the info,,, I had never heard of this one.

PhReeK out!

Skarp
04-10-2002, 10:29 PM
Anyone ever seen the movie "Behind enemy gates"? I guess if your interested in the game watch that movie. (not behind enemy lines, that movie is horrible) It uses this same plot

GokuX
04-10-2002, 11:42 PM
I like the sound of co-op play.

Donaldson
04-10-2002, 11:49 PM
Skarp, I think the movie you are talking about is "Enemy at the Gates". It is a sweet movie that is very similar to the description of this game. This game looks like it has awesome graphics. BTW, SNIPERS ARE AWESOME--Peace.

dave_m123
04-11-2002, 05:57 AM
Is this going to be the Game version of Enemy at the Gates like Medal Of Honour Allied Assault was basically Saving Private Ryan.

khaos2005
04-11-2002, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by FpS_PhReeK
I say the more FPS's the merrier.... man those walls look almost photo realistic... I really would love to see a player model... We will have to keep our ears close to the ground on this title...

Thanks again for the info,,, I had never heard of this one.

PhReeK out!

Man, I couldn't agree more with you. Those pics are amazing! I'm truly looking forward to this game.

UnitedKingdom
04-11-2002, 06:01 AM
I like any game which gives me the opportunity to shoot the hell out of Germans!!:cool::D

Duke
04-11-2002, 12:10 PM
As excited as I am for another war FPS, i just hope my pocketbook can keep up. As for the post as to "I don't know what war it's from" come on, if you were talking about desert storm obviously it's from uh, I don't know, Desert Storm. If you're talking about Stalingrad, I guess it's more understandable, but still, didn't you ever take world history.

My apologies if you haven't reached that point in your education, I have no idea as to your age.

l Maximus l
04-11-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by ADEMA_RULES

and there Desert Storm. I don't know what war its base on if its WW2 or the on thats kind of happening right now and I think there one more but forgot at least Xbox hasen't got any of those stupid army games that are toy armys and stuff.

lol...I agree that Conflict: Desert Storm looks like an amazing game and I will definately buy it...but, i wanted to let you know that the game is based on the Gulf War when the United States attacked Iraq :D lol..it's definately not WWII or the War on Terrorism :D

l Maximus l
04-11-2002, 12:16 PM
Stalingrad looks AWESOME!! I love FPSs! The co-op definately sounds intriguing just as GokuX mentioned...but, I'm curious if this game has multi-player...that would be a great addition but not a deal killer :)

Duke
04-12-2002, 07:47 AM
BTW, sorry if you are outside U.S. I didn't really even bother to look (and still haven't)

Didn't mean to sound condescending (or maybe I did) that's what happens when you post after a couple of quality six-ers