PDA

View Full Version : Enclave to be ported to PS2

Dar
04-10-2002, 08:24 PM
It's true. Enclave is now heading to the PS2. The developers claim that the graphics in the Xbox version will not be watered down due to the port. So we will allegedly be getting the kickass eye candy that we have been expecting. This information comes from the forums on teamxbox.com. They have forums where you can discuss games directly with the developers. Go to the official Enclave forum and read a thread called "Yup!" The developer, named SBZ-Chavez gives all the details. Be warned, that site is ridiculously slow, so do it in your spare time.

xbaaddict
04-10-2002, 08:39 PM
that sucks the big d

Master Gracey
04-10-2002, 09:01 PM
So the tables have turned...

The first Xbox game that's going to get watered down for a port to PS2. If that doesn't help ship Xbox units, then I don't know what will. I hope this trend continues!

Say what you want about games being exclusives, but if this keeps happening, all the PS2 owners will crack because they'll want the good versions of games... which WILL be exclusively on Xbox. :cool:

ADEMA_RULES
04-10-2002, 09:45 PM
I never heard that game but it sucks PS2 going get but at least this time xbox owners can say PS2 is copying since everytime I see PS2 owners saying Xbox copy this or that, since like Xbox is geting Burn Out, Splash Down, GTA3, MGSX, LOW and mabe some other games like Spy Hunter was on PS2 first and stuff.

Afro Aura
04-10-2002, 11:15 PM
Hey not to worry Dar
Enclave ain't what you looing for, it has the same frame rate as Obi Wan(abe a good game) and the graphics ain't that sharp either
Over here in the UK there is a TV program called Game Network and I have to say the program is absolutley shyt but sometimes they do get in some previews of running demo of a game and I have to say if Enclave still looks the way it looked on the demo I would say good riddance to bad rubbish, it may looks cool on that inferior machine but for an XBOX they must be joking

Master Gracey
04-11-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Afro Aura
I would say good riddance to bad rubbish

Why do I find myself humming a Public Image Limited tune right about now? :D

Afro Aura
04-11-2002, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Master Gracey

Why do I find myself humming a Public Image Limited tune right about now? :D
what do you mean with this comment?
my comment was not to put down any machine, it was giving you the output of the game, if you look at the XBOX version it will have no problem with the port with no graphical changes. I have to say I'm not a big fan of the PS2 but I will give credit when credit is due, maybe you have to see the game running on the XBOX then you can make your own mind up:cool:

UnitedKingdom
04-11-2002, 06:28 AM
When they're out on both platforms people will be able to compare them against each other. Then everyone will realize that the PoS2 is pants and for more powerful games they need an xbox.:o

Afro Aura
04-11-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by UnitedKingdom
When they're out on both platforms people will be able to compare them against each other. Then everyone will realize that the PoS2 is pants and for more powerful games they need an xbox.:o
Not really mate if this game is going to be a port they won't really care as it will be the same on there machineas, I suppose there will be something different and thats the resolution and the frame rate but thats it.

I've got Blood Omen 2 and thats what has happen here higher resolution and frame rate

Skarp
04-11-2002, 10:28 AM
First they take out multiplayer and co-op, now they port it...

Afro Aura
04-11-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Skarp
First they take out multiplayer and co-op, now they port it...
LOL you've got that right mate:D

Master Gracey
04-12-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Afro Aura
what do you mean with this comment?

Just when you said "good riddance to bad rubbish" it reminded me of a song by Public Image Limited where John Lydon says that at the beginning. I can't remember if it was the song Seattle or one of the tracks off of This Is What You Want, This Is What You Get. Doesn't matter anyway... :D

I love your open attitude about ports. I share the same thoughts... we might have the best of the systems, but that doesn't mean I have active contempt for the other ones, nor for the people who choose to play them. I believe the whole world should be based on personal choice and unless someone's decision causes physical or mental harm to another being, they should not be subjected to ridicule. If they hurt themselves, that's just their own fault, in'nt it?

As for the games, who cares if things get ported? Share the love! The way I see it, people will start buying Xbox who might get a PS2 because they'll see some identical titles on both systems, and will know that the Xbox versions will always look better simply because it's hardware is currently the best on the market. Quality drives up sales... if nothing is ported, there will be nothing compare anything to. By having two versions of a title for the different systems, you can physically compare the differences to see which version looks better, and which system plays the game better... this is how Xbox is going to shine.

Afro Aura
04-12-2002, 11:03 AM
Yeah Master Gracey I agree with you quality brings quantity.
My friend who is a PS2 owner said to me that he could see the quality of Blood Omen 2 with colours and speed, it looks to me like the race has just started
I'm giving moral support for anyone whose backing the XBOX in the PS2 vs GC vs XBOX race "come on, get that power into action XBOX" hehehe

It looks like the PS2 had a jump start cheating git LOL