PDA

View Full Version : New Ingame Brute Force screen! Whooo!!1

XboxGamers
04-10-2002, 11:25 PM
Thanks to Gaming Age.com for the info and screen.

Link: http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/news/news.pl?y=2002&m=4&nid=10-50.db

I can't wait!!!!!111

Gaming Age has “stumbled” upon a new screen shot for Microsoft and Digital Anvil’s upcoming action title for the Xbox, Brute Force. The chances that we came across this thanks to a PR stunt meant to pose as a screen shot “leak” are none. We swear. Yup. Enjoy the media.

http://www.gaming-age.com/media/2002/april/brute/1.jpg

GokuX
04-10-2002, 11:40 PM
Cool.

MediocreMike
04-10-2002, 11:40 PM
Wow, that looks great. I can't wait to play it. Thanks for the pic, you made my night so much better.

LynxFX
04-10-2002, 11:43 PM
So is this a first person shooter or a third person shooter? The screen is 3rd person but was hoping maybe you can switch modes.

Looks great though.

Donaldson
04-10-2002, 11:43 PM
Nice!

XboxGamers
04-11-2002, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
So is this a first person shooter or a third person shooter? The screen is 3rd person but was hoping maybe you can switch modes.

Looks great though.

This is a 3rd person shooter. I wonder why there is the other faces.

sinizuh
04-11-2002, 03:15 AM
HUD is pretty ugly and the crosshair would be hard to see.

*not excited*

*yawn* :o

khaos2005
04-11-2002, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by XboxGamers
This is a 3rd person shooter. I wonder why there is the other faces.

I think this is a squad based game, meaning you have a team to work with. So those other faces would be your teammates. I think, is that a correct assumption?

shererboat
04-11-2002, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by khaos2005

I think this is a squad based game, meaning you have a team to work with. So those other faces would be your teammates. I think, is that a correct assumption?

thats what i got from the preview on the OXM disc awhile ago..........

Brevity
04-11-2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by khaos2005

Pic looks great cant wait 4 this game. I read that you can switch between any of the characters at any time. Play as anyone of them,,,sounds cool.

JJaX
04-11-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Brevity

Pic looks great cant wait 4 this game. I read that you can switch between any of the characters at any time. Play as anyone of them,,,sounds cool.

I dont see how they could pull this off in a effective manner. What if one of your Squad mates is being attacked? Will they defend them selves, or just stand there.......

I really hope they pull this game off though. Ive been hurtin for a new shoot em up action game.

Brevity
04-11-2002, 09:12 AM
I am playing Dungeon siege right now and its kind of the same thing, they fight on their own but I can be any one of them and you set how they fight b4 hand. I usualy use the strongest guy to soften the blow to my party then I get everyone involved.

Sammy
04-11-2002, 09:32 AM
Man this game looks sweet!! I hope it lives up to the hype. When is it due out?

l Maximus l
04-11-2002, 01:02 PM
Nice Screenie! I finally got the chance to look at this!

Yes, Brute Force is a 3rd person squad based shooter. You will be able to switch between the four characters while playing the game, or, you can play up to 4 people in Co-operative mode :D Man, this game is going to seriously rock!

Also, I understand that there is going to be an impressive multi-player function as well. I hope I have this understanding correct!! I know that this game will definately be System Link compatible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Duke
04-12-2002, 08:28 AM
Not a huge fan of 3rd person shooters. Game looks good, at least worth renting till beaten.

As far as the question concerning switching between guys, even the rainbow six games for PSX offered this. Your squad did what they were supposed to do, but you could "become" them at any time. Shouldn't be a challenge to implement at all.