PDA

View Full Version : 5.1 Dolby Digital / DTS receiver for you XBOX $139!

Hugh_Jass
04-11-2002, 07:53 AM
NOTE: This does not come with speakers. It is ONLY a receiver. You'll need to add five speakers and a powered subwoofer to make this useful.

This much power would be plenty for a large living room.

5 Channel Surround with Dolby ProLogic, Digital and DTS decoders
Front: 100W per channel (Left & Right)
Center Channel: 100W
Rear Surround: 100W per channel (L&R)
Selector for 4 Audio and 3 Video inputs
2 optical, 1 coaxial digital inputs
Subwoofer level control
6-Channel Discrete inputs
Large speaker terminals
Speaker configuration settings
5 Preset Soundfield Control
Universal Remote Control
Color: BLACK

$139 plus $25.20 shipping (receivers are heavy)

http://www.jandr.com/JRProductPage.process?RestartFlow=t&Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=3&Product_Id=2850567&showcase=t

dougi3000
04-11-2002, 10:37 AM
Dolby Digital decoder with optical, coaxial and analog inputs, includes 5.1 speakers.

$99

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=211472

l Maximus l
04-11-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by dougi3000
Dolby Digital decoder with optical, coaxial and analog inputs, includes 5.1 speakers.

$99

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=211472

dougi..is that the official one for the XBox or something?

Hugh_Jass
04-11-2002, 11:50 AM
Are you offering this up for comparison or just chiming in on another deal? They are really different classes of gear.

The $99 system is 40W and comes complete with speakers. It would be appropriate for a small bedroom or desktop environment.

The $139 system I posted is 500W and could be used as a cornerstone for an entry-level home theater.

Hugh_Jass
04-11-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Maximus

dougi..is that the official one for the XBox or something?

I don't think there is official audio gear for the XBOX.

l Maximus l
04-11-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
Are you offering this up for comparison or just chiming in on another deal? They are really different classes of gear.

The $99 system is 40W and comes complete with speakers. It would be appropriate for a small bedroom or desktop environment.

The $139 system I posted is 500W and could be used as a cornerstone for an entry-level home theater.

Hey, Hugh...I have a question for you...I have the Monster 400 series Component Video cables and I would probably have to purchase the Monster Optical cable to fulfill my optical needs. When I get a Surround Sound system, where do I plug in my Optical input? I realize where it goes on the receiver, but, where does the other end go into?

LynxFX
04-11-2002, 12:46 PM
Max, I believe there is a spot on your Monster 400 cables where it connects to the back of the Xbox. There should be a small hole for the optical cable there. I don't have the cables so can't confirm but I'm pretty sure that is where it was. Go take a look. :)

Nice receiver find Hugh. I'm looking for one to hook up to my computer now and that might do it for me.

l Maximus l
04-11-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
Max, I believe there is a spot on your Monster 400 cables where it connects to the back of the Xbox. There should be a small hole for the optical cable there. I don't have the cables so can't confirm but I'm pretty sure that is where it was. Go take a look. :)

Thanks, Lynxfx! I appreciate the reply...I'll take a gander when I get home this evening :)

Toder
04-11-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx

Yeah its right below were the cable comes out of the connector.

l Maximus l
04-11-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Toder

Yeah its right below were the cable comes out of the connector.

Nice! Thanks Toder and Lynxfx...I was wondering about how that would work after I get my receiver...but, thanks for clearing things up! I'll check it out tonight when I get home. I figure, if I am going to go all out and get a receiver, I might as well as go optical, therefore, getting the most out of my audio :)

Huckleberry
04-12-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
NOTE: This does not come with speakers. It is ONLY a receiver. You'll need to add five speakers and a powered subwoofer to make this useful.

This much power would be plenty for a large living room.

5 Channel Surround with Dolby ProLogic, Digital and DTS decoders
Front: 100W per channel (Left & Right)
Center Channel: 100W
Rear Surround: 100W per channel (L&R)
Selector for 4 Audio and 3 Video inputs
2 optical, 1 coaxial digital inputs
Subwoofer level control
6-Channel Discrete inputs
Large speaker terminals
Speaker configuration settings
5 Preset Soundfield Control
Universal Remote Control
Color: BLACK

$139 plus $25.20 shipping (receivers are heavy)

http://www.jandr.com/JRProductPage.process?RestartFlow=t&Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=3&Product_Id=2850567&showcase=t

thx, hugh! i bought it today as a holdover until i can revamp my entire system.

l Maximus l
04-12-2002, 11:36 AM
Hey, Toder, Lynxfx, and Hugh (and anyone else interested), I found that the component cable connector that connects to the XBox actually has a small hole available for optical. But, the wierd thing is, there is a gold metal thing covering the hole. I guess I just pop that out and put in the optical cable. I didn't bother taking it out since I don't have an optical cable (or even a receiver for that matter) quite yet. But, I thought I would let you guys know :) So, thanks again!

Felix
04-12-2002, 05:17 PM
NO PROBLEM! :)