PDA

View Full Version : Interesting development.......

Highlite23
04-11-2002, 09:12 AM
I know a few addicts are concerned with overseas numbers, and Japan rumors, and all sorts of things making them wonder about the future of our great system, so here is a trend developing in my area over the last month.

I frequent 3 Game Stop stores on a regular basis, now all the employees by name, and have the usuall system debate with a few of them. Anyway, over the last month i would say that on about 60% of my visits (Just about 3 or 4 times a week) someone has been at the counter trading in a PS2 for an XBOX.

I talked to a couple of managers and they told me that this is becoming pretty common all of a sudden, this and PS2 owners "adding" XBOX to there inventory of systems.

The reason given........GAMES!!

I know we all knew this, some of the games currently out and more important, the games slated to come out, is getting to the true gamers.

I said it before and i'll say it again, it's going to be hard to ignore the XBOX in a few months. It may not have the highest sales figures (yet) but this system is a serious contender, so all you panic-ridden addicts fear not, come June or July all will be good in XBOX land.;)

thunderkiss2k1
04-11-2002, 09:39 AM
Well, you knew it was bound to happen. I'm just glad because this means that Xbox will not go the way of the Dreamcast. :D

shererboat
04-11-2002, 10:05 AM
i think one of the bigger reasons the dreamcast failed was that their games were too easy to bootleg......

Toonz
04-11-2002, 10:30 AM
I have to agree DC games were just way to easy to copy

l Maximus l
04-11-2002, 10:39 AM
Yes, bootlegging games on the DC is one of the major culprits to it's destruction....R.I.P. DC....

The XBox won't have this problem for quite a while. The discs for the XBox are DVD-8s and the only burners available to consumers are DVD-5s. So, I wouldn't expect any bootlegging problems for the XBox and the games.

The XBox is, without a doubt, the best value for your buck. Personally, I have never had as much fun with a gaming console in my 21 years (or so) of gaming in my entire life!

Last night, I was playing Halo on XBConnect and we had a total of four XBoxes...each with one person on each XBox...all were "pro" Halo gamers...we probably played about 10 multi-player games! It was an absolute BLAST!!! D a m n, last night was fun.....

The XBox just keeps getting better and better. Bring on Unreal Championship and Brute Force!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

silvertrace
04-11-2002, 10:44 AM
Last night, I was playing Halo on XBConnect and we had a total of four XBoxes...each with one person on each XBox...all were "pro" Halo gamers...we probably played about 10 multi-player games! It was an absolute BLAST!!! D a m n, last night was fun.....

The XBox just keeps getting better and better. Bring on Unreal Championship and Brute Force!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

be sure to pick up the newest version of xbc.......99n

it has name recognition along with IP, so u can kick those unwanted people in ur room.......this also keeps them noobs from entering ur game and creating their own games........:rolleyes:

nice to see ur enjoying xbc......:cool:

thunderkiss2k1
04-11-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
Yes, bootlegging games on the DC is one of the major culprits to it's destruction....R.I.P. DC....

The XBox won't have this problem for quite a while. The discs for the XBox are DVD-8s and the only burners available to consumers are DVD-5s. So, I wouldn't expect any bootlegging problems for the XBox and the games.

The XBox is, without a doubt, the best value for your buck. Personally, I have never had as much fun with a gaming console in my 21 years (or so) of gaming in my entire life!

Umm, thats a DVD-9 :D

l Maximus l
04-11-2002, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by thunderkiss2k1

Umm, thats a DVD-9 :D

Doh!!! :D

l Maximus l
04-11-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by silvertrace

be sure to pick up the newest version of xbc.......99n

it has name recognition along with IP, so u can kick those unwanted people in ur room.......this also keeps them noobs from entering ur game and creating their own games........:rolleyes:

nice to see ur enjoying xbc......:cool:

Dude, I'm a little sketchy on that...when I upgraded my XBoxconnector.com software, the stupid thing was so buggy, I couldn't even use it anymore! Before I upgraded, it worked awesome! I may wait a little while on that, unless, you know for sure that they have all the bugs worked out.

silvertrace
04-11-2002, 10:59 AM

Dude, I'm a little sketchy on that...when I upgraded my XBoxconnector.com software, the stupid thing was so buggy, I couldn't even use it anymore! Before I upgraded, it worked awesome! I may wait a little while on that, unless, you know for sure that they have all the bugs worked out.

i played the newest version last nite, there aren't any bugs to speak of, only thing is the new features only work if everyone has the most recent version..............:eek:

they also said on the site www.xbconnect.com that they are working on lowering the bandwith required to play by 10%

so stop ur lolly gaggin' and get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

l Maximus l
04-11-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by silvertrace

i played the newest version last nite, there aren't any bugs to speak of, only thing is the new features only work if everyone has the most recent version..............:eek:

they also said on the site www.xbconnect.com that they are working on lowering the bandwith required to play by 10%

so stop ur lolly gaggin' and get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hehe...Alright alright alright...I'll check it out. Dude, you should join up tonight, Silvertrace! A dude with the nickname "Bopig" hosts games and he has about a 400m upload! No lag whatsover and he's in the Alberta Canada area while I'm in Seattle! He's a very good Halo gamer, though, I beat everyone 9/10 games only coming in second on the one I lost...just barely! Great competition, though...

Yes, I know you're good and I know you want to reply with "If you beat everyone that bad, there is no doubt that I will win!" lol...dude, save your breath, but, when there's no lag, the Maxmeister is a bad ass Halo gamer :D I know you are good, too, so, chill, dude!! :D Anyway, the only thing that Bopig doesn't like is trash talkers, so, I'm sure you might want to have your slippery fingers on your best behavior :D hehe...it's all about having fun!

silvertrace
04-11-2002, 11:23 AM

:D Anyway, the only thing that Bopig doesn't like is trash talkers, so, I'm sure you might want to have your slippery fingers on your best behavior :D hehe...it's all about having fun!

i like to hump people, does that count as trash talking?.......i set the respawn to like 10 seconds and go to town on dead master chiefs......and if ur on u need to join a game with b1gg13.....he's got a really good connection and there usually isn't much lag...

*silvertraces doubts there will be a day that he and max will play a lag free game

which is music to max's ears....for he fears silvertrace aka ur daddy:eek: :eek:

Xtopia
04-11-2002, 11:28 AM
I was on XBC all last night...And I did not run ito you guys!:( Maybe next time!

Hugh_Jass
04-11-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by highlite23
I said it before and i'll say it again, it's going to be hard to ignore the XBOX in a few months. It may not have the highest sales figures (yet) but this system is a serious contender, so all you panic-ridden addicts fear not, come June or July all will be good in XBOX land.;)

Thanks for the report, highlite23. I never had any doubt that the XBOX would do well but a lot of people seem to need reassuring.

Spaztic
04-11-2002, 12:25 PM
xbox games have been hacked and it will be public shortly!

You won't need a dvd9 burner. games don't take up that much memory!

Hugh_Jass
04-11-2002, 03:45 PM
I'll believe it when I see it.

DIGITAL
04-11-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls
xbox games have been hacked and it will be public shortly!

You won't need a dvd9 burner. games don't take up that much memory! dude you must be smoking crack ,or got some tainted beer,xbox games cant be bootlegged,i dont know where you got your info buts its wrong!!!!!!

DIGITAL
04-11-2002, 04:01 PM
ive allso noticed ps2 owners looking into xboxs ,but as of right now xbox needs more killer apps like halo,im hoping hunter will be one of them,plus devolpers need to start taking full advantge of the xbox by making games that look as good as wreakless or doa3 an they need to use the soundtrack feature more ,but i agree come this summer xbox is gonna shine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spaztic
04-11-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
dude you must be smoking crack ,or got some tainted beer,xbox games cant be bootlegged,i dont know where you got your info buts its wrong!!!!!!

Don't really want to discuss this with you but from what I KNOW! It has happened and will be public to everyone but you shortly!

I Smoke Crack (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10793)

Duke
04-12-2002, 08:37 AM
this is a reply to the xbox games hacked post.

first of all, love the pic. I want to get Wild On! Brooke Burke. (sure kind of cheesy, but tell me you don't)

Secondly, you may be right, you may be wrong. I don't know you, but you provide no link, much less any kind of semblance of proof that this has happened.

Until I see it, I will just assume that you were a little late for the rest of the 4/1 "news"

not to insult, just skeptical (sp?)