PDA

View Full Version : Mad Catz "Wireless" Controller !

Highlite23
04-11-2002, 09:35 AM
Has anyone seen this, it looks great!!

http://www.madcatz.com/MadCatz/product_details.jsp?product_id=4556

Brevity
04-11-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by highlite23
Has anyone seen this, it looks great!!

http://www.madcatz.com/MadCatz/product_details.jsp?product_id=4556
ya been watchen it for a while. I will get it the Q is are there gona be any other companies that R going to make one of these jobies? Thanks for the fresh reminder

Ninja Scroll
04-11-2002, 10:08 AM
You guys are not gonna honestly check out these wireless controllers are you?
Ever since the NES to the present wireless controllers they have never been reliable at all.
But if you anything like me you will stick with the offical controller from the hardware company themselves.
Maybe it's just me, but I dont trust third party controllers, or any other accessory for that matter.
Is it just me?:confused:

Brevity
04-11-2002, 10:15 AM
I feel the same way Ninja, but I feel my options R limited. I only use the Official con. now I have gotten used to it. I want a wireless one though. I have to date taken back 1 interact, 8 madcatz, 4 trick, and 0 Official. 3rd party stuff usualy sucks.

Ninja Scroll
04-11-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Brevity
I feel the same way Ninja, but I feel my options R limited. I only use the Official con. now I have gotten used to it. I want a wireless one though. I have to date taken back 1 interact, 8 madcatz, 4 trick, and 0 Official. 3rd party stuff usualy sucks.

Okay, jsut make sure you dont throw away your reciept Brevity once you buy this controller.
Just let us know how it works out for ya,... or if it does not work at all:D .

Skarp
04-11-2002, 10:26 AM
I'll get one if Microsoft makes it

l Maximus l
04-11-2002, 10:32 AM
The Wireless Controller is sweet! I just wish Microsoft actually made one. I'm definately not one to purchase third party controllers...I figure to just take the lumps in the short-run in buying the more expensive 1st party controllers, but, benefit in the long run since I am less likely to have to return the mama jama :D

ScorpionX
04-11-2002, 03:27 PM
I probably won't get this but I do enjoy the Madcatz contrllers for the Xbox. I have 2 and they are working fine. Plus, they were only 15 bucks instead of 40 bucks.

Spaztic
04-11-2002, 04:44 PM
wireless controllers are good if no one walks in front of you. Plus I have found them to be more trouble then they are worth! Make sure you save the receipt.

DZNUTZ
04-11-2002, 04:53 PM
yea 3rd party anything sucks...
i only buy 1st party products....

and forget all that ying yang about but their cheaper and i can afford it.......personally i always pick quality over quanity... i'd rather have one thing thats the best....then 3 runner ups

Donaldson
04-11-2002, 07:13 PM
I know what you guys are saying about the 3rd party stuff, it usually sucks, but my girlfriend bought me a Madcatz controller with the rubber grips on the sides IT IS AWESOME! I use it more than the first party controller. The buttons (X,Y,B,A) are in almost the same position as the Japanese controller and button responsiveness is just as good as the 1st party--no problems YET.

ScorpionX
04-11-2002, 08:39 PM
Thats is why I like the Madcatz so much, the 4 buttons aren't crooked like on the official ones and they are a little bit smaller. Also the triggers seem to fit better in my hand and are more comfortable. You are free to disagree with me.

GRAVEDIGGER
04-11-2002, 09:50 PM
This controller would be tytework if good ol' microsoft made it, becuase third party controllers are the friggin worse!(INTERPLAY), with the exception of the VORTEX!

But either way, why spend $59.99 on a controller when i could simply go get another tyte XBOX game?!?!
....$59.99..for a controller?!?...pshh...got me Fu**d up!

In any case thanx for the heads up highlite23.

Untill next time...:mad:

LynxFX
04-12-2002, 01:13 AM
I sure hope that if you buy this controller that you don't have a 900mhz phone or that none of your neighbors do either, especially if you live in an apartment complex. It can play havoc with your game and control. Same problems occur on the pc with RF keyboards and mice.

Toder
04-12-2002, 02:16 AM
right know i have to sya that i'm pleased with my wireless products. I have a Wireless keyboard and trackball and mouse for my computer and i can say that i have no problems with em.

Hey it also looks like they came up for a way to have more than one wireless controller too, with the the eight different channels the controller can work off of.

Laxeph
04-12-2002, 06:41 AM
I agree with Maximus, I won't buy third party. Too many off my firends have had them break. Stupid enraged felion.

jschelm
04-12-2002, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
I sure hope that if you buy this controller that you don't have a 900mhz phone or that none of your neighbors do either, especially if you live in an apartment complex. It can play havoc with your game and control. Same problems occur on the pc with RF keyboards and mice.

I am not sure that is always true. It depends on how well shielded and made the product is. I have a logitech RF keyboard and mouse and they have worked great for the last 4 years (and I live in a fraternity with about 15 cordless phones and 30 cell phones)

On the other hand you would hate to have a hiccup at a really bad time in a game (which is a very good possibility). That is why I never trusted the wireless game controllers. I would much rather have myself make a stupid move to ruin 2-3 hours of work than have my controller mess it up. :)

FlyBoy
04-12-2002, 09:51 AM
Too bad I spent my money on a Interact Powerplay for my 4th controller :(

I have 3 official though... shoulda just spent the xtra 15 bucks and had 4 good controllers!

LynxFX
04-12-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by jschelm

I am not sure that is always true. It depends on how well shielded and made the product is. I have a logitech RF keyboard and mouse and they have worked great for the last 4 years (and I live in a fraternity with about 15 cordless phones and 30 cell phones)

On the other hand you would hate to have a hiccup at a really bad time in a game (which is a very good possibility). That is why I never trusted the wireless game controllers. I would much rather have myself make a stupid move to ruin 2-3 hours of work than have my controller mess it up. :)

Of course it isn't always true. :) But like you said, it is very easy to get that hic up. Why do you think most phones went to 2.4ghz?

Kraft
04-12-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx

Actually, chances are slim to none that anything like that will interfere with each other. 900 mhz is actually just the general range at which these things operate, there is actually a broad spectrum using many different modulations. I'm pretty sure they have to report to the FCCA (or whatever the communications acronym is) as to which frequencies they use so that overlap will never occur. If it did occur I could pick up my phone and listen to everyone elses phone calls within a quarter mile of me.

l Maximus l
04-12-2002, 04:48 PM
I love the idea of the wireless concept. It, definatley, would make it much nicer for multi-player games! But, I would have a hard time justifying $59.99 x 4 Controllers. If they were 1st party, I would probably atleast think about it.

But, Wireless is the way of the future. Soon, computers will not have the cobweb of wires behind them...everything will, eventually, become available in wireless. I understand that this technology already exists, however, it's not quite popular yet :)

LynxFX
04-12-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU

Actually, chances are slim to none that anything like that will interfere with each other. 900 mhz is actually just the general range at which these things operate, there is actually a broad spectrum using many different modulations. I'm pretty sure they have to report to the FCCA (or whatever the communications acronym is) as to which frequencies they use so that overlap will never occur. If it did occur I could pick up my phone and listen to everyone elses phone calls within a quarter mile of me.

The overlap does occur and more often than not now that the 900mhz spectrum is so widely used. I've picked up conversations with my old 900mhz phone that happened to be the neighbors talking before. Now I just use my cell. I've also had friends that use 900mhz remotes for their HTPC's and have had interference problems do to neighbors and sometimes their own phones. The less 900mhz devices the better IMO.

I do like wireless devices though and the thought of a reliable wireless controller that shows no lag or communication problems would be nice. Especially for those of us that put our Xboxes far away from the seating area.

Felix
04-12-2002, 05:25 PM
i need one of some of those controllers! z33k! :)