PDA

View Full Version : What is the worst XBox game THAT YOU EVER PURCHASED?

l Maximus l
04-11-2002, 12:41 PM
If it's the worst game you have ever purchased, you may either still own it, traded it, or sold it...or, perhaps, are using it as a beverage coaster (preferably BEER). But, what is the worst game that you ever purchased?

Mine was Bloodwake :(

JJaX
04-11-2002, 12:42 PM
Thats why if i buy crap, i take it back with the receipt and tell them it was crap.

shererboat
04-11-2002, 12:43 PM
id have to say new legends (sorry to anybody that has or likes this)........still not quite sure why i bought it, think i was on alot of meds, sold it on ebay though..........:confused: :confused:

Xtopia
04-11-2002, 12:44 PM
Probably Aerowings for the DC. Or, some *** star wars game for 64....I forgot the name.

l Maximus l
04-11-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by xtopia
Probably Aerowings for the DC. Or, some *** star wars game for 64....I forgot the name.

hehe...Good one, however, I was referring to XBox games :D

Also, JJaX...quite understandable...but, do you not want to admit your failing purchase? ;)

Batman2372
04-11-2002, 12:49 PM
I was super disappointed by 4x4 Evo2. I can't remember where it was that I read an interview that said it was pretty nifty, but they surely were sniffing the glue when they wrote that.

JJaX
04-11-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

hehe...Good one, however, I was referring to XBox games :D

Also, JJaX...quite understandable...but, do you not want to admit your failing purchase? ;)

the only game i have returned for the xbox that i didnt like was NBA2k2. It was the samething as NBA2k1 on Dreamcast, Which i already own. I rent most my games and if i like ill buy. But most the games i rent just make me upset and i go take a dump.

But ive returned many games over the years.

l Maximus l
04-11-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Batman2372
I was super disappointed by 4x4 Evo2. I can't remember where it was that I read an interview that said it was pretty nifty, but they surely were sniffing the glue when they wrote that.

Oh, man!!!!! My nephew has that game and I agree 100%!!! Sniffing glue sounds about right! :D hehe..

Xtopia
04-11-2002, 12:55 PM
Okay, the worst XBox game I have purchased would be...Air Force Delta Storm. I actually like the game, it is just all relative. Basically, I have ALL good games...AFDS is just the my least favorite.

thejoker
04-11-2002, 01:16 PM
I would have to say HALO

Just joking! I love that game.

4x4 EVO 2 was the worst game I had...

I sold it for $25, a pack of Marlboro Lights and a case of Bud Light.

l Maximus l
04-11-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by thejoker
I would have to say HALO

Just joking! I love that game.

4x4 EVO 2 was the worst game I had...

I sold it for $25, a pack of Marlboro Lights and a case of Bud Light.

hehe...but, did you really trade a case of Bud!?!? :eek: That's alchohol abuse!! :D

Also, dude...you have an awesome signature! :)

DZNUTZ
04-11-2002, 01:43 PM
a few games i've returned include....UFC(to close to DC version), nba inside drive, wreckless...and others i can't recall....but i can't think of 1 tittle i'd call horrible.

thejoker
04-11-2002, 01:52 PM

hehe...but, did you really trade a case of Bud!?!? :eek: That's alchohol abuse!! :D

HEHEHE... I told my friend he could have the game for $35, but he came over to the house with a case of Bud and a pack of Marlboro's... so I told him he could have the game for $25 if he would include the Bud and smokes.

Also, dude...you have an awesome signature! :)

Thanks... made it myself, last weekend.

Later,

l Maximus l
04-11-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by thejoker

HEHEHE... I told my friend he could have the game for $35, but he came over to the house with a case of Bud and a pack of Marlboro's... so I told him he could have the game for $25 if he would include the Bud and smokes.

Thanks... made it myself, last weekend.

Later,

Oh, gotcha!! So, you took the beer! Nice trade!!! :D hehe

thedrisc
04-11-2002, 02:43 PM
Shrek! I bought it for my wife because she liked oddworld soo much. that game was bad real bad. the graphics are good but that was about it.

traded it in $20.00

aronx
04-11-2002, 02:47 PM
PGR. got bored with it after about 25K kudos.

Genius thread BTW.

aronx
04-11-2002, 02:48 PM
gdkhv,bjk

thunderkiss2k1
04-11-2002, 02:49 PM
My worst Xbox game, in fact the ONLY bad xbox game I own is : (drumroll) Obiwan. Peace.

ScorpionX
04-11-2002, 03:10 PM
Wreckless was the worst game I have ever bought. It got boring after about 5 minutes of playing.

DIGITAL
04-11-2002, 03:52 PM
azurik was the worst game i ever bought,returned it after a huge fight with the manger at target! that game almost landed me in jail

Carnage
04-11-2002, 04:47 PM
azurik was the worst game i ever bought,returned it after a huge fight with the manger at target! that game almost landed me in jail
lolz said a few things you shouldnt have eh? I have the same prob when someone starts snapping at me :)

My worst XBOX purchase was, like max, bloodwake. I forced myself through the first diff setting, then stopped playing it. Ill admit, the multiplayer was fun for awhile, but the work and torment you had to go through to get any new boats just wasnt worth it :D

Liquid Gears
04-11-2002, 04:51 PM
Mine would have to be Transworld Surf

Xtopia
04-11-2002, 05:03 PM
I heard Transworld Surf is pretty good.:confused:

LynxFX
04-11-2002, 05:07 PM
Simpson's Road Rage. Terrible game that was only bearable at times due to the voices but those all repeated so it went back to EB.

xboxman_1
04-11-2002, 06:55 PM
I own three crappy games that I cry at thinking about them at night:
Obi-Wan
Bloodwake
Wreckless
Wreckless was the best and most fun out of all of them, Obi-Wan is so dumb that I quit after bout 20 mins, and Bloodwake I played for a night and never looked back. (See, in my town, you can't return opened electronical items to target.)

l Maximus l
04-11-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
(See, in my town, you can't return opened electronical items to target.)

If there is an Electronics Boutique or a Gamestop around your area, they will give you credit towards those games. You may not get the full value, but, you will probably get $20-25 that you can put towards another brand new game. Just a thought...of course, you can always try and trade them or sell them elsewhere... Just giving you some options! I feel your pain!!! :D

mrmp3
04-11-2002, 07:15 PM
EB is sucking the big one right now. They don't allow you to return games after 30 days any more. Now it's 10 but now I can't do that even. So I go to Gamers Guild and get it almost at full price and laugh in their faces! The only time I go to EB now is when they have one of those trade in 3 PS2 games and get $100 type deals. I make close to a grand on it :D :D . As for worst purchase, by far Wreckless. Maybe it's the fact I'm spoiled from GTA3 but honestly the game was just too damn unrealistic and sound effects weren't that great especially the crashing noises. They were just too weak. I almost bought New Legends but saw some posts from some people who bought it and said it sucked. Saved me a bunch of cash. Great thread Maximus. Signing off...

Liquid Gears
04-11-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by xtopia
I heard Transworld Surf is pretty good.:confused:

Hey man, I never said it wasn't good. The game is AWESOME !!. I was just saying, out of all the games I've bought, which are: Halo, DOA3, Silent Hill 2, THPS3, NASCAR Thunder 2002, NHL 2002, and Transworld Surf. It is the one I like the least, in other words "The Worst XBOX Game I Have Ever Purchased". But when you get further into the game is does get a little impossible to beat. Like I can't even beat the first competion. That's why I put it down as my choice. Sorry, for the confusion.

Xtopia
04-11-2002, 07:44 PM
Hey man, I never said it wasn't good. The game is AWESOME !!. I was just saying, out of all the games I've bought, which are: Halo, DOA3, Silent Hill 2, THPS3, NASCAR Thunder 2002, NHL 2002, and Transworld Surf. It is the one I like the least, in other words "The Worst XBOX Game I Have Ever Purchased". But when you get further into the game is does get a little impossible to beat. Like I can't even beat the first competion. That's why I put it down as my choice. Sorry, for the confusion.

Oh, I get it. I am in the same boat, w/Air Force Delta Storm, not a bad game, but my least favorite. Once again, sorry for the confusion.

samslophead
04-11-2002, 08:38 PM
It seems silly to think about the "worst Xbox game I have EVER purchased," since EVER has only been 3 months. Of the 4 games that I have, Wreckless is the worst; however, I still like the game. Excluding Bazooka Bill for the Commodore 64, I would have to say that 3D Ballz, X-Zone, and The Rocketeer for the Super Nintendo are the worst games I have ever bought. I loved the NES, but that had some fine slices of crap too.

Frostberg
04-11-2002, 09:09 PM
I try not to buy bad games...but NBA Live was prolly the worst game I purchased...

Bundy
04-11-2002, 09:11 PM
I think all my games in my library are pretty good, but the one I would say is my worst is DOA3.

The game looks beautiful, but it is just a button mashing game. And unless you are playing some other humans, it just doens't hold my interest.

Afro Aura
04-11-2002, 09:51 PM
I would say NASCAR Heat I bought the game because I was bored and needed something else to play, I took it home and it went straight into the XBOX no problem then it had a quick release and found it's self back into it's own box I played it for about 5mins and I took it back for a refund.
Now I'm upset as my XBOX has been tainted for 5 mins with crap oh yeah Blood Wake wasn't far behind it, tell me Max did you get pass I think (ooohh eerr I feel woozy the game just got me dizzy just then it was that bad) Mission 8 what a joke from "yeah let's see how this game is going" to D@MN hard in 2 seconds I couldn't take it anymore so traded it in for.......NASCAR Heat..not really I got Silent Hill 2 but I have to say the water was rather nice in Blood crap sorry Wake

Dar
04-11-2002, 10:46 PM
My worst was New Legends, not really bad but probably a rental.

sinizuh
04-11-2002, 11:45 PM
Halo... since it's the only game i bought :P

iliveonafarm
04-12-2002, 12:06 AM
4x4 Evo was the most dissappointing XBOX game i have ever played. i have the original on DC and i would say there ae really no differences between the two. Not even worth renting

Duke
04-12-2002, 07:25 AM
BloodWake. It's only saving grace is that it is harder than most of the Xbox games I have played.

Nato King
04-12-2002, 08:47 AM
The worst XBox game That I ever got would have to be
Kabuki Warriors this game was dumb.
:)

Highlite23
04-12-2002, 08:57 AM
New Legends.

Bought it on the way home, returned it later that evening.:(

FlyBoy
04-12-2002, 09:30 AM
MX 2002 with Ricky Carmichael... the game was waaaaay too short. Bloodwake comes in at a close 2nd.

A little heads up to ya'll... instead of taking your games back for $25 bucks, check out the trade forum here @ XBA. I have 7 games in my library but have probably gone through close to 20 games with trades (it seems like there's always a new game coming in the mail).

Mopline
04-12-2002, 09:37 AM
Mine would have to be Wreckless. Sorry for u who like this game but if i can beat a game in 4 hours something is terribly wrong

Stiffy
04-12-2002, 10:53 AM
Worst game I ever bought: Bloodwake (took it back the next day)

Best game I NEVER bought: Project Gotham. On the day of launch, the EB employee accidentally put a copy of it in my bag, even though I didn't buy it!

l Maximus l
04-12-2002, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Frostberg
I try not to buy bad games...but NBA Live was prolly the worst game I purchased...

Hey, Frosty! Dude...my brother purchased NBA Live 2002 for me on my last Birthday...and, he doesn't own an XBox quite yet (probably because he's over at my house every single weekend anyway!)...and, I already knew that it wasn't said to be the greatest game. But, dude...I had to open it! Man, you should have seen how proud my brother was when giving it to me...I mean, man, if I told him that I heard that NBA Live 2002 wasn't all that great, he would have been bummed! I mean, he would have gone from "googly eyed" and from bobbling his legs up and down with excitement to a blank stare of disbelief! lol...so, of course, we opened it and played for about 3 hours. I actually found it to be a pretty good game considering the last time I played a basketball game was NBA Jams back in the day :D

One thing I have found is that it's really easy to score! :eek:

l Maximus l
04-12-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Afro Aura
I would say NASCAR Heat I bought the game because I was bored and needed something else to play, I took it home and it went straight into the XBOX no problem then it had a quick release and found it's self back into it's own box I played it for about 5mins and I took it back for a refund.
Now I'm upset as my XBOX has been tainted for 5 mins with crap oh yeah Blood Wake wasn't far behind it, tell me Max did you get pass I think (ooohh eerr I feel woozy the game just got me dizzy just then it was that bad) Mission 8 what a joke from "yeah let's see how this game is going" to D@MN hard in 2 seconds I couldn't take it anymore so traded it in for.......NASCAR Heat..not really I got Silent Hill 2 but I have to say the water was rather nice in Blood crap sorry Wake

Dude, Afro Aura! Yes!!!! Level 8 was pure hell! I finally passed it...and, I figured that Bloodwake would have gotten better...but, to my dismay....NOPE! :( Man, I wouldn't even use the Bloodwake disk as a beer coaster! I traded it for UFC Tapout and could not have been any more happy :D

Afro Aura
04-12-2002, 11:38 AM
hehehe good on you Max, I bet as soon as you took in back they put a sign in the window "all you fools out there who bought Blood Wake we aint taking it back" hehehe

Frostberg
04-12-2002, 05:33 PM

Hey, Frosty! Dude...my brother purchased NBA Live 2002 for me on my last Birthday...and, he doesn't own an XBox quite yet (probably because he's over at my house every single weekend anyway!)...and, I already knew that it wasn't said to be the greatest game. But, dude...I had to open it! Man, you should have seen how proud my brother was when giving it to me...I mean, man, if I told him that I heard that NBA Live 2002 wasn't all that great, he would have been bummed! I mean, he would have gone from "googly eyed" and from bobbling his legs up and down with excitement to a blank stare of disbelief! lol...so, of course, we opened it and played for about 3 hours. I actually found it to be a pretty good game considering the last time I played a basketball game was NBA Jams back in the day :D

One thing I have found is that it's really easy to score! :eek:

Hey...its the thought that counts Maxy! And back then when we got it, there werent any other basketball games, so its not our fault!!

Supperdog
04-13-2002, 02:06 PM
gosh...so much hating on bloodwake...

i think its fun... :(

/me goes to my corner and stares at a wall, sobbing :(

PROUDXBOXOWNER
04-13-2002, 02:21 PM
THE YEAR 2002'S SUPER HYPED NUT SUPER DISSAPOINTING GAME WWF RAW!!!
I ALSO DONT GET AMPED BUT I GUESS I WILL GET BETTER!
I AM STUCK ON HALO AFTER I JUMP IN THE CAVE WITH THE WARTHOG!
I AM A PRO @ NBA INSIDE DRIVE 2002 AND LOVE IT!

Frostberg
04-13-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by PROUDXBOXOWNER
THE YEAR 2002'S SUPER HYPED NUT SUPER DISSAPOINTING GAME WWF RAW!!!
I ALSO DONT GET AMPED BUT I GUESS I WILL GET BETTER!
I AM STUCK ON HALO AFTER I JUMP IN THE CAVE WITH THE WARTHOG!
I AM A PRO @ NBA INSIDE DRIVE 2002 AND LOVE IT!
what did I do wrong that I always must get yelled at...aarg

chili325
04-13-2002, 11:13 PM
Id have to say obiwan, even though i think the force stuff is really well done. The graphics and controls just arent up to xbox standard.

Marc
04-14-2002, 12:56 AM
Azurik...without a doubt.

Rochey69r
04-14-2002, 02:45 AM
worst game i own is munches oddysee!

my mum bought it for herself.

it has the worst visuals ever!!

its so cloudy with heaps of pop up.
i hate to say it but a ps2 could even handle munches oddysee!

E-Vader
04-14-2002, 03:54 AM
I prefer to play Munch at the mo' over Halo its awsome.

datalink7
04-14-2002, 04:53 AM
Silent Hill 2.

Not saying that it is a bad game, just the one I like the least out of the games I have bought, which include:

Tony Hawk 3
Halo
Dead or Alive 3
Silent Hill 2