PDA

View Full Version : How many different groups are out there?

The Reverend
04-11-2002, 05:36 PM
I wann know how many other groups are out there. I am part of CO12, and I know about the Brotherhood of the Undead......are there any other groups that get together and play Halo on a regular basis?

Alien
04-11-2002, 05:37 PM
Me and Frink, we live next to each other. We have an online gaming clan called VS, for UT and AOC.

Alien
04-11-2002, 05:40 PM
And i forgot to add, we play HALO together often, with a bunch of other poeple, none of them are in XBA though.

The Reverend
04-11-2002, 05:51 PM
so do you play on Xbox or on the internet?

Alien
04-11-2002, 05:54 PM
We all go to Frink's house usually, but i have a router and everything to play online, same with Frink. We just haven't hooked it up yet.

The Reverend
04-11-2002, 05:59 PM
we'll have to look into this online deal. Can you use the controller or is it all keyboard and mouse?

Bobabutt Pirate
04-11-2002, 06:02 PM
I am the circle of one! I am Butt Pirate! I am the Butt commander! Look at this face;) wherever you see this face you will see the Pirates Of The Butteribian! All will join my crew of none and we will be a crew of a ton! Together we will rape the horses and ride off on the women!

Frink
04-11-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by The Reverend
we'll have to look into this online deal. Can you use the controller or is it all keyboard and mouse?

It depends. If you are talking about playing UT and AoE online that is keyboard and mouse. As far as Halo it is all controller.

Alien
04-11-2002, 06:38 PM
Yeah, we play UT online, but only HALO LAN at Frinkies house, but we have the stuff, i got a router and Frinkay has a Hub, we just need to hook it up, cept he has some firewalls.. etc. etc. But I dont, I just dont know how to hook it up. Or else I would be playing online.

xboxman_1
04-11-2002, 06:39 PM
Me and Triplex get together every friday and saturday w/ about 6 other people, none of which are on XBA. (Triplex himself never really gets on anymore.) But we don't have the time or energy to come up w/ some silly name for ourselves......

jumper
04-11-2002, 08:33 PM
How would I set up to play online. I have a 1.5 dsl connection coming into a Linksys router. What servers are out there that are hooking everyone up.

If you have any feedback, urls, etc. I would appreciate it.

Huckleberry
04-12-2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
But we don't have the time or energy to come up w/ some silly name for ourselves......

that, my friend is a SERIOUS lack of energy!

Yolo
04-12-2002, 02:28 PM
Clearing something up for my boys:

Halo online, currently I believe, is only available through the GameSpy Arcade/GameSpy Tunnel programs. You'll need to download these programs. This connects your computer and (to REV - FYI) X-Box up to your DSL or high speed connection of choice. So you are using the X-Box to play Halo, you aren't downloading a PC version of Halo.
I'm sure those of you actually playing online know much better than I. So sorry for the fanboy response.

And can I just say the big Bungie announcment, aka dumb party, huge let down!!!

Congrats to them though for selling so many copies :D

Halo Evolved
04-12-2002, 03:33 PM
My friends an I link the Xbox systems together and play 8 player CTF and Slayer. My team is called Halo Evolved but i dubbed the name "Army of One" for myself since I usually dominate the games with some arse kicking.

Here is my custom pic:

xboxman_1
04-13-2002, 05:54 PM
that, my friend is a SERIOUS lack of energy!
It;s not really that we lack energy....we all have energy.
we run around a lot and play sports...so, yes we have the energy. Except we couldnt look at ourselves in the mirror in the morning knowing that we actually had a name for our group of friends who play halo.

Alien
04-13-2002, 06:33 PM
It's not like its written on your forhead or something........You can look in the mirrow without thinking about an online group...or even a group of friends...

chaos
04-23-2002, 04:18 PM
i have my own little group of about 7 guys. we get together about once a week and play halo until we can't feel our thumbs. we only have one xbox, so 4 of us play and the other few just hang out, watch, or make stupid comments.

we're probably the best halo players in the area. every one of us has beaten it on legendary at least once by himself, and we regularly have 3-hour marathons which usually involve 250 or more kills. what we like to do is play ctf, but completely ignore the flags and just play to kill.

if anybody in our area thinks they can compete with the infamous 'seven wonders of the world', they're welcome to come by anytime for a friendly game of death. bring beer.

The Reverend
04-23-2002, 04:25 PM
Where is around here? The CO12 is around Chicago

chaos
04-23-2002, 04:59 PM
around here is just about on the border of vt and nh. too bad for us. after all i've heard about you co12 guys, i'd love to get together and exchange a few bullets. i'm sure the other 6 guys would too.

The Reverend
04-23-2002, 05:10 PM
That is too bad. Apparently Canada and the East Coast is where you need to be to play some Halo. Oh well. We'll just ahve to have Halo Fests within the CO12.

jumper
04-23-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by chaos
after all i've heard about you co12 guys

I know were international stars like Michael or Sammy but from which magazine, TV show, or radio station did you hear about us?

btw - we had one guy last night get 121 kills in 1/2 hour to 45 minute game.

xboxman_1
04-23-2002, 08:36 PM
Our little group of 8 lives in galesburg, IL, which puts us about 3 1/2 hours from the CO12.....O, and the most kills I ever got was 321, which was in a 3 hour game. We usually don't go for the super long, over 1 1/2 hour marathons like you guys apparently do. We like to play a bunch of smaller games. We usually play CTF, but we try to get the flag. Now we're getting into a game we made called jeep wars. Everyone has played something like it, only now we play it on a regular basis. 400% health, sniper weapons. Only jeeps. The object is to get into a warthog and run everyone over, while raming into the other warthog to do cool tricks. And the rule is,your not allowed to shoot anyone, and if your caught killing someone by bullets, you will pay by being executed.

The Reverend
04-24-2002, 08:40 AM
Actually, when the guy got his 121 kills, it was during a CTF to 3. Not a very long game or so we thought. it did take us about 45 minutes to finish the game, and we were all in shock at his score. Tiger rocked on Monday

chaos
04-24-2002, 08:53 AM
i heard about the co12 mainly because of your post on the fps forum on this site. aside from that, i have encountered your insignia many times while posting forums, and it would appear that you guys are pretty much THE authority on all things Halo. nobody in my group besides myself participates in these forums, so i guess it's safe to say that i get really bored with them losing to me all the time and am looking for a (pretty local) group of guys who are as good as i am. a friend of mine (non-halo player) went up there recently to run a marathon, so the next time he does, i might tag along and look for you guys (if you don't mind a new guy in the crowd).

-chaos

The Reverend
04-24-2002, 09:20 AM
We wouldn't mind an new guy at all. We are always looking for good players. The group actually started out with 6 to 8 guys and has grown to about 20 now, including one wonderful girl, Mantis. New people are welcome, no matter how good (or new) they are.

chaos
04-24-2002, 01:31 PM
thank you very much for your acceptance of me, the new guy on the forum. if i could get the word out, i'd like to start my own halo-based gathering in this area of new england, so anybody out there is welcome to join (and if you have an xbox, bring it).

if i ever end up in the co12's neck of the woods, Reverend, i look forward to meeting you guys (and girl). you sound like you know how to play a good game of halo, and i'm always looking for those.

-chaos

Huckleberry
04-24-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by chaos
thank you very much for your acceptance of me, the new guy on the forum. if i could get the word out, i'd like to start my own halo-based gathering in this area of new england, so anybody out there is welcome to join (and if you have an xbox, bring it).

-chaos

hey, chaos...where you at? new england is my favorite place in the whole US! i've been all through vermont, and lots of maine, too. i'm hoping to eventually buy a summer home on the coast of maine.

chaos
04-24-2002, 02:20 PM
yeah, i like new england too, but it's too f@#$ing cold! it snowed yesterday where i am, in Vt. it's cool that you've been through here. ever heard of a town called windsor? That's where my house is.

do you come here often, such as on an annual trip, Huckleberry? cuz i love maine too, i go there like once every two months. i have plenty of relatives there, and i like it so much better than Vt. Vt is all right in the summer and spring, but in the winter and spring it's nothing but tourists, kind of like you, Huckleberry! (just kidding)

The Reverend
04-24-2002, 02:22 PM
Huck, greates sig yet. Love it

xboxman_1
04-24-2002, 06:56 PM
Hey, CO12, how do you guys know each other? Actually, my group is just me and all my friends. (We're only freshman in high school.) We have no opportunity to get new people, because that would require actually looking for new friends who play video games....which once again, (me and my laziness) would recquire too much effort to find a new friend just to play halo. You guys play online? We should play each other some time, but only 3 on 3 at the most, to cut down on lag. You'll probably beat us however....

Mantis
04-25-2002, 09:39 AM
Hey, CO12, how do you guys know each other?

Hey xboxman_1, Yolo and The Reverend and I have known each other for about 14 years, we all went to Jr. High and HS together, while the remaining all met at Willow Creek. Huckleberry and Jumper are brothers and so are Danger and DLO, who rarely log on, and Stiffy’s just plain crazy! As far as defeating you, I seem to be the only one of us who doesn’t have an xbox, so I am the least skilled so far. Hopefully that will change soon!!

xboxman_1
04-25-2002, 08:53 PM
That's pretty cool of you guys to stay friends like that. I bet my group of three could take any 3 of you guys any day. Just name the time and place.

E-Vader
04-28-2002, 01:07 AM
T.D.K.C

The Dark Knights Clan.

Current members 1 (me):D

Never bothered with system link on my Xbox, its only ever 2 or 3 players with Halo, but I am trying to convince a mate to get an Xbox maybe then I'll try system link.

The Reverend
05-01-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
That's pretty cool of you guys to stay friends like that. I bet my group of three could take any 3 of you guys any day. Just name the time and place.

That is a pretty bold statement since you have never seen any of us play there xboxman_1. Where do you live? If it is near Chicago, maybe some of us can hook up for a LAN game. If it is elsewhere, maybe I can get a few of us together to play online at XBCONNECT......what do you say?

xboxman_1
05-01-2002, 05:04 PM
That was all smack talk. We recently signed up for XBConnect. We could do a LAN...but we live 3 1/2 hours from Chicago.

Yannie Boy
05-02-2002, 02:41 PM
My Crew is the BoriquaBallers. Consisting of all hispanics that can kick everyone's ass and we will accept any challanges made. We've taken on so many oppenents it makes are heads spin.
Just remember YO SOY BORIQUA!

Well not to brag or anything but me and friends play Halo online all the time and on weekends none STOP literally. 72 hours of Halo and of course the ocassional pit stops but Yeah me and friends all 7 of them.

Huckleberry
05-02-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Chupacabra

Well not to brag or anything but me and friends play Halo online all the time and on weekends none STOP literally. 72 hours of Halo and of course the ocassional pit stops but Yeah me and friends all 7 of them.

that's awesome, chupacabra! we've had some 14 hour halo days, but man, you don't want the circle of twelve stinking up your house for much more than that! i'd love to get a couple of all-weekend long parties, but we're all so busy in our non-xbox lives that it makes it hard to do.

maybe i'll just open the house up all weekend one weekend, and let whoever wants to come and go do exactly that.

when i first joined xba, i couldn't find any other people doing big lan parties. i even posted a poll about it at one point. now there are a bunch of groups doing that...very cool.

jumper
05-02-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Huckleberry

...but we're all so busy in our non-xbox lives that it makes it hard to do.

Huck. With 258 posts can you really claim to have a non-xbox life?:p

Huckleberry
05-03-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by jumper

Huck. With 258 posts can you really claim to have a non-xbox life?:p

yes, i can...unfortunately. but someday, i'm gonna figure out how to make a living at xbox. by then, they'll probably have some virtual girlfriend game...just what i need...a computer girl telling me i don't spend enough time with her. i'll be able to see other parts of the world via xbox online. all i'll need is a catheter, a box of "oops, i crapped my pants", and a truckload of microwave burritos, and i'll be all good!

Yannie Boy
05-03-2002, 11:10 AM
yeah i know some people have many friends that have an xbox and hola and they don'y do any thing, well not us we tak advantage of it.

GRAVEDIGGER
05-03-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by The Reverend
I wann know how many other groups are out there. I am part of CO12, and I know about the Brotherhood of the Undead......are there any other groups that get together and play Halo on a regular basis?

Hmm...well to clear something up, the Brotherhood is'nt online just yet for we are all in many diverse locals all over the world so it will take a little while for us to join the online extravaganza, slowly but surely:cool:. Anyhow thanx for mentioning the group Reverend.

Untill next time...:mad:

jumper
05-04-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Huckleberry

by then, they'll probably have some virtual girlfriend game...just what i need...a computer girl telling me i don't spend enough time with her.

I would hope that by the time they have a v-girlfriend you would have the ability to create the character of choice...like, "turn on the anti-nag" or "only bug me if I haven't played enough xbox".