PDA

View Full Version : Alot of negative opinion on Xbox

Crazy Joe
04-11-2002, 11:59 PM
I was kind of surprised at this, since most of the people on slashdot.org are usually intelligent, but there is an overwhelming negative response toward Xbox. Check out the comments on this article about sales figures:

http://slashdot.org/articles/02/04/10/1351245.shtml?tid=127

I expect some people to be against the Xbox, but there is alot of negative comments here.

DIGITAL
04-12-2002, 12:18 AM
im so sick of this microsoft will fail talk,xbox might be slow with sales but thats cause a lack of games ,when ps2 came out it had barely any decent games ,i think in the next year microsoft will really shine with games like hunter,brute force ,buffy(xbox sleeper),blade,strident,project ego(mega hit),Superman,dead to rights,an i think that fighting game with the weird name is gonna be a huge hit,there are so many more games coming ,so i really doubt that the xbox is gonna go anywhere besides up!!!!

BORNGD
04-12-2002, 12:38 AM
when ever i go to best buy or something , i always hear the sales people reccomending the PS2 over the xbox...i have twice now talked to the person they are trying to sell a ps2 too, and told them that i have a xbox and HAD a ps2...lets just say i got rid of the ps2 for a reason...i am really sick of it as well...no one wants to give xbox a chance for some reason...well some of us have seen the light :)

darianX
04-12-2002, 01:22 AM
The people on Slashdot are mostly anti-Microsoft, Linux-blinded a$$holes. They can't see past their hatred of everything Microsoft to see anything. They're the ones who are drooling all over themselves waiting for the PS2 Linux kit for $299, just to say they run Linux on their PS2. They can't even agree on that...some now think Sony is the antichrist because they locked down the hardware and CDROM capabilities under their version of Linux. Those are the types who think EVERYTHING should be open to their perusal, even if it's a trademarked corporate secret.

Run a search on Xbox on Slashdot and read the absolute venom and hate spewing from the "enlightened ones". They had it buried before it even hit the market. Actually, anything Microsoft is dead according to them because "people will see the superior OS isn't Microsoft and they'll run in droves to get Linux". Yeah right.

If a game or 3 ever comes out for the Xbox that sells 5 million copies (i believe it will happen), those l33t fukheads over there would STILL p1ss and moan about it. Grrrrr...I can't stand Slashdot!!!!!!!!

GokuX
04-12-2002, 01:31 AM
One word describes these people to a tee: Jealous
Maybe they're mad cuz MS makes all the money and well.....they don't.

Duke
04-12-2002, 07:35 AM
Xbox sales have been slow outside the U.S. Fine, whatever. I am enjoying mine, and I really don't think MS expected to dominate the console market with the xbox. Their plans are for the future. MS bashing has been a pastime of many people (including me occasionally) for quite some time.

I made my choice, I stand by it, and can't wait for the future.

Hugh_Jass
04-12-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by GokuX
One word describes these people to a tee: Jealous
Maybe they're mad cuz MS makes all the money and well.....they don't.

I don't think that is exactly correct. I think a better word is fanatic.

I was a strong Amiga supporter "back in the day". I ridiculed IBM clones and everything Microsoft because Amiga was clearly superior and nobody was going to tell me different.

Well, Amiga is in the crapper and Microsoft won. It was a sad day when I sold out and bought my first PC clone and sold my Amiga.

The same thing will happen with PS2. Microsoft will win. Microsoft always wins.

GokuX
04-12-2002, 05:29 PM
If the Linux creator started making billions and billions by developing a newer type of Linux where U had to pay. I can almost guarantee the Linux freaks would go nuts and start saying "down with Linux" and move on to some other OS and start saying it was the best.

l Maximus l
04-12-2002, 06:47 PM
The more and more I think about it, it's still very early for the XBox. I mean, the console has only been out for six months! It's a fact that anytime a new system hits the market, it gets ridiculed beyond belief. I mean, when the PS2 came out, everyone said it was a crappy system with crap games and so on. Now look at everyone...The PS2 has set a new trend and is very successful.

It's funny to hear PS2 Fanboys be the first to say "The XBox sucks because it doesn't have many games!" :rolleyes: Man, for a system to have over 60 games in less than six months is far more impressive than where Sony Playstation 2 was after six months.

My prediction is when the XBox goes on-line, we will see an explosion of XBox sales. For the most part, mainly former Sega enthusiasts and PC gamers are owners of the XBox currently...and more and more PS2 owners are buying XBoxes as an addition to their PS2 consoles.

Halo is huge...even the worst of "anti-microsoft" dorks say that Halo is cool. But, wait until Unreal Championship and Brute Force hit the market...both of those games will certainly give even Halo a run for it's money! That's my hope, anyway! Also, Project Ego is turning more heads to the XBox.

Personally, I want the XBox do be successful because I want it to be around for years to come. I predict that it will overtake Sony's marketshare in about 2-3 years, whether it's this system or the next XBox (maybe XBox2???)

Afro Aura
04-12-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by DIGITAL
im so sick of this microsoft will fail talk,xbox might be slow with sales but thats cause a lack of games ,when ps2 came out it had barely any decent games ,i think in the next year microsoft will really shine with games like hunter,brute force ,buffy(xbox sleeper),blade,strident,project ego(mega hit),Superman,dead to rights,an i think that fighting game with the weird name is gonna be a huge hit,there are so many more games coming ,so i really doubt that the xbox is gonna go anywhere besides up!!!!
I'm with you to mate with all the negative vibes for the XBOX the machine has only been out for 6 months with some excellent games, where the PS2 had a following from the PSX as it played there PSX games so I suppose that the PS2 was taking the pi$$ about making games for the PS2 as most people would be just happy playing games they already had, now thats damn arrogant and I'm happy to see the XBOX has the courage to make a stand

I feel it's all peer pressure "my friends got one so I should have one and you should get one" sure if I was a sheep and Sony was the laughing shepherd, I do have a mind of my own and there is something special about the XBOX
Most people don't know anything about the XBOX all I here is "look at the ugly big black box over there, ooooh look at this slim PS2 doesn't it look nice" if I'm in a store where I see this happening I just go over and ask will you be looking at the PS2 when you get it home of will you be playing games on it which is what the XBOX is made for, I mention at a £100 more this is what you get with this baby with the aid of Halo and DoA 3 with some stuff about the hardware, then all of a sudden it's a change of heart and now it's which one should I get.

So let the PS2 have it's time it will fall flat on it's face.
When the power of the XBOX hits the market with game that no other machine could EVER do you'll see the tide of sales tipping the scales over to the XBOX

I would had but the GC in there but it's not released over yet