PDA

View Full Version : Enough With The Sales Figures Already !!!!!

Highlite23
04-12-2002, 08:42 AM
People i want to glote about selling a gazzilion units too, but enough already.

There are so many positive things happening with the xbox, and great games comming out, etc...

The XBOX is still an infant in this thing. I chose my system, and I love this system.

Stop worrying about things you can't control and go play on your XBOX, or write a review of a game on the XBOX, or let us know what you have heard about on-line play on the XBOX, or just let everyone know how jealouse your friends are when you kick their ass in Halo.

There is so much to talk about, and yet some are waiting for the sky to fall, by Christmas you'll look back and laugh "What was i thinking"

PLAY MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VIVA LA XBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Duke
04-12-2002, 08:52 AM
I agree, I have made my bed and blah blah blah.

I have already posted on this subject so I won't continue to bore you.

Actually, let me bore you a little more.
There seems to be an inordinate # of former dreamcast owners who bought the xbox compared to other consoles. I did not. Had I, I would probably be a little nervous about the future.

Highlite23
04-12-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by DukeBuckhorn
I agree, I have made my bed and blah blah blah.

I have already posted on this subject so I won't continue to bore you.

Actually, let me bore you a little more.
There seems to be an inordinate # of former dreamcast owners who bought the xbox compared to other consoles. I did not. Had I, I would probably be a little nervous about the future.

I hear ya Duke, i am i current DC owner, and i really don't see the same thing happening. MS has too big a bank account. I would be curriouse to know what the DC sales were during it's life span.;)

FlyBoy
04-12-2002, 09:15 AM
Right on highlite... quit worrying about how well the box is gonna do and just play! Its gonna be fine! :)

Ninja Scroll
04-12-2002, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by highlite23

I hear ya Duke, i am i current DC owner, and i really don't see the same thing happening. MS has too big a bank account. I would be curriouse to know what the DC sales were during it's life span.;)

Dreamcast on 9/9/99 sold over 300,00 in it's first 24 hours in the US. 1.5 by the financial year end of March 2000. To this date it has sold between 4.5-5 million consoles in the US.
In it's own home country the numbers are nowhere near these. Try around the 2 million mark and im not sure about Europe numbers, but I believe they were around Japans,.. give or take a few thousand.
And for the record, if you never heard of me in a proud Sega Dreamcast owner of 40 titles including the greatest fighter of all-times in Soul Calibur, along with other hot titles Skies Of Arcadia, Shenmue I & II, Sonic Adventure 2, Sega Sports 2K series, & the Resident Evil series.
Though DC failed in the long term it is still the best d@mn system in my opinion. The software is still killer of the system and it's not even on the market anymore.
:)

Duke
04-12-2002, 09:35 AM
do you feel that way vs. the xbox. just curious. never even played the DC as I swore off consoles shortly after purchasing the N64

GokuX
04-12-2002, 09:58 AM
I'm a former DC owner and I don't feel the XBox is going down the same dead end road. I could sense the DC was going to be the end for Sega when I heard about it for the first time. I decided to wait a year after its launch until it's price dropped for that reason.

Afro Aura
04-12-2002, 12:34 PM
I'm a DC owner and I still love it, I've just bought PSO 2 as it has just been released over here, you asking why? well I love PSO 1 and I has loads of friends online and I missed them all, I haven't played the game for about 8 months and when I went on most of them where still there, they are thinking of getting XBOXes but there arn't that many games over here at the moment

Anyway the reson why I'm playing PSO2 I've lent my US XBOX to my friend for 2 weeks
ooooh I really do miss Gun Valkyrie boo hoo