PDA

View Full Version : Simple 007 poll, please help.

Highlite23
04-12-2002, 09:06 AM
I have been debating about this game since it came out, and unfortunatlly the reviews are as high as 9.5 to a low 7.

So i place it in my fellow xbox bretherins' hands.

Is it worth the purchase, i don't rent i just return, LOL.

A simple yes or no will do, Thanks.

Duke
04-12-2002, 09:31 AM
I know this isn't what you asked for, but for me it's not a simple yes or no.

Being a huge goldeneye fan i thought a lot about this and finally got sick of waiting to rent it at blockbuster or hollywood so i bought it.

Beat it in 2 days on the 007 (or whatever hardest difficulty is)

Have yet to play multiplayer.

SP is ok. Easy, but story is alright.

Controls are decent. My main problem with them is that it seems (to me anyway) that the aiming is much more sensitive than goldeneye. Read: I like headshots/clean kills and had trouble doing this consistently.

Bots=good

I'm going to skip the rest of my half-assed review. If it helps at all, I am not dissatisfied w/ my purchase, but I would probably rent it instead if I had the luxury of a time machine.

BTW, if I hadn't made it clear I love Goldeneye. It changed me into a primarily FPS fan.

FlyBoy
04-12-2002, 09:37 AM
I'm a huge Goldeneye fan, and absolutely love this game. I beat it very quickly, but 4 players sitting around the XBox and Bond muliplayer in the drawer calls for some serious gaming. The multiplayer is soooo addicting. I'd suggest only renting if you don't play multiplayer very often though. Hope this helps.

Buy-IF YOU HAVE FRIENDS TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER WITH A LOT (THE BOTS DON'T CUT IT).

Rent-IF YOU'RE JUST INTO THE STORY MODE.

OppiumNitrates
04-12-2002, 03:56 PM
im sick of james bond games i was glad when a new FPS(halo) came out to XBox

untill shawn conary plays bond i will boycott them

Wu3000
04-12-2002, 05:55 PM
i bought this game. it doesnt hav anythign new or ground breaking, but the story is original and the game is fun. the only real drawback of this game is that when you shoot, you can see the bullets. they look like half azzed tracers.

im a returner too. i bought it and still have it.

wu

l Maximus l
04-12-2002, 06:02 PM
Well, I was debating on this game, too, since I am also a huge FPS fan. I absolutely loved Goldeneye but dispised The World is Not Enough. If RARE made 007 Agent Under Fire, I would, undoubtably, pick up this game. But, I decided to wait for Unreal Championship and Brute Force and in the interim, just play Halo on-line to fulfill my FPS needs :D

By the way, I started playing more King Crazy and Race (Rally) on Halo's multi-player and it's SOOO FUN!!!!!!!!! :D

silvertrace
04-12-2002, 06:04 PM
max.....best game setup is:

chiron, team king, all shotguns & moving hill

be sure to put on the nav points to locate teh hill

happy gaming from the "god of halo"

l Maximus l
04-12-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace
max.....best game setup is:

chiron, team king, all shotguns & moving hill

be sure to put on the nav points to locate teh hill

happy gaming from the "god of halo"

Yeah, Team Crazy King is nice at Chiron...I have yet to lose after playing it 15 times or so :D

I've only done teams a few times, but, prefer FFA...it's more brutal :p

wweomaniac
04-12-2002, 08:24 PM
I said no b/c I don't like the idea of EA making first person shooters...

ermm... C & C Renegade.... All James Bond game but Golden Eye

E-Xbox
04-12-2002, 10:11 PM
i say yes!
the sp is amazing!
with the "bond moves"...hehe..
and the mp is fun...especially with bots..
there are a few g@y things bout the game...
like the bullets and the way the bots move in mp..
but with the good gameplay..u hardly notice...

peace

Toonz
04-13-2002, 10:18 AM
I say no I thought the control Scheme was retarded. Halo set the standard and I don't see how anyone could improve the controls with exception of a mouse/keyboard. Why they didn't go this way with Bond evades me.