PDA

View Full Version : Would I be wrong to get my girl something xbox for her b-day?

crazyotto
04-12-2002, 09:33 AM
I know I shouldn't but it just makes me laugh to think about... her opening a gift and it be a game or the "S" controller. That would be funny. Her day is 5/4. That makes it hard in the $$ depatment with us, Morrowind and the "S" comin out the 30th. What would you do? HA!

FlyBoy
04-12-2002, 09:45 AM
If your girlfriend is an addict... go for it.

If you're only buying it so you'll be able to play with it... it probably won't go over too well. haha:p

GokuX
04-12-2002, 09:52 AM
Are you gonna buy her a Black and Decker drill set while you're at it??

crazyotto
04-12-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by GokuX
Are you gonna buy her a Black and Decker drill set while you're at it??

That or a shop vac! Be nice wise @ss. :)

FlyBoy
04-12-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by crazyotto

That or a shop vac! Be nice wise @ss. :)

He's being nice... thats an honest question. hehe:)

Huckleberry
04-12-2002, 10:27 AM
if she plays xbox w/you, and digs it, go for it. i know my friend mantis got an xbox controller for her birthday last week and was digging it!

however, if she doesn't play, and you're just wanting a cheap excuse to get an S controller, don't be surprised if you get makeup and massengill for your birthday

l Maximus l
04-12-2002, 10:33 AM
Dude, honestly, get her flowers and tell her that she's "beautiful". One thing I have learned after being married for almost two years (in fact, my two-year anniversary is on the 30th of this month) is that girls don't like what the items are necessarily...they want to feel special. And, rightly so! Women are extremely special...I know my wife is :)

JJaX
04-12-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
Dude, honestly, get her flowers and tell her that she's "beautiful". One thing I have learned after being married for almost two years (in fact, my two-year anniversary is on the 30th of this month) is that girls don't like what the items are necessarily...they want to feel special. And, rightly so! Women are extremely special...I know my wife is :)

yeah i recommend this too.

If you wanna get your "celebration" on..,.
NaW I mean NaW i mean!! **Wink**WiNK**

MOlsen
04-12-2002, 10:42 AM
In a word, NO, don't do it. Go for flowers and a necklace/ring or something. Sorry dude.

Spaztic
04-12-2002, 10:52 AM
Dude, honestly, get her flowers and tell her that she's "beautiful". One thing I have learned after being married for almost two years (in fact, my two-year anniversary is on the 30th of this month) is that girls don't like what the items are necessarily...they want to feel special. And, rightly so!

Go with Max's advise. Being newly engaged and learning from experience, women like stuff that says you care for them. Now getting a game from her is a sign of her deepest affection for me. I would love to have a game! But she likes things such as flowers and cards! My girl plays games and honestly loves to play the xbox! If I did get her a game should would be cool but I know she much rather have something else and more meaningful. Don't buy a gift for the person you love, that will more so benefit you! Now if you get her a game or controller + flowers...you can't loose!

....good luck!

xboxer2002
04-12-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by MOlsen
In a word, NO, don't do it. Go for flowers and a necklace/ring or something. Sorry dude.

I would get her something like flowers and with the rest of the $$, i would buy an s controller and morrowind for yourself.hehehe. Also included with the flowers should be some good sex. Women like that.It makes them feel special. awwwahhh

l Maximus l
04-12-2002, 10:56 AM
The reason why I said flowers and saying the words "you are beautiful" is because my wife actually had a long talk with me about this. I was going to purchase her a really nice (and expensive) digital camera...which she would undoubtably like, however, she told me that she wanted something "sentimental" (that was her word). The vast majority of women are this way...it's practically programmed in them or something...which, I believe, is a very good thing :)

Now, if you want to get ME a new XBox controller...SURE! :D

Huckleberry
04-12-2002, 10:58 AM
i almost completely agree with maxy, but i do know that there is the rare woman for whom flowers/candy/lingerie, etc really doesn't mean too much. my friend, laura, would rather get tools for her birthday than have a nice dinner, or receive a feminine present. she's not of the alternate persuasion...just doesn't dig girly stuff.

you know your girlfriend. i think the key thing that we're all trying to say is that when it comes to love, you do what the other person would want rather than try to sneak something of your own in. think about who she is and what would help make the bond between you grow stronger...and do that. it may be a sacrifice on your part (i.e. you have to give up a game or controller for a while), but if she sees that you're willing to make sacrifices for her, and that you don't try to manipulate the situation so that you get what you want, it will definitely help your relationship grow, and that can only be a good thing!

Mahlon
04-12-2002, 10:59 AM
I know what you AIN'T gettin' for awhile!

DZNUTZ
04-12-2002, 11:35 AM
move over rookies.....dr love has entered the thread:cool:

dude first off...flowers are unoriginal...and inpractical. someone who spends like 75 bucks or whatever for some flowers that are gonna die....are just plain out stupid. i'm sho most women would rather have something practical that lasts.

as for your dilemia about being strapped for cash....unless your girl is a total golddigger....theres a way for you both to walk away happy.

go spend your money on your toyz you selffish baztard/JK

then do something setimental and romantic for her thats also CHEAP!!
something like a jar full of lil folded different pieces of paper the she can dig into on bad days and redeem to you.

maybe pieces of paper that state things like...30 min massage...cooking a meal, ya know things she likes... maybe a car wash....whateva is suitiable....i could crack some wise joke and say I know what your girl wants!;) , but i aint gonna....u know her best (or at least i hope so) ..so pick things that would fit. wrap a nice ribbon on it an viola!!!...some cheap , thoughtful and lasting.

Brevity
04-12-2002, 11:36 AM
The reason why I said flowers and saying the words "you are beautiful" is because my wife actually had a long talk with me about this. I was going to purchase her a really nice (and expensive) digital camera...which she would undoubtably like, however, she told me that she wanted something "sentimental" (that was her word). The vast majority of women are this way...it's practically programmed in them or something...which, I believe, is a very good thing :)

Now, if you want to get ME a new XBox controller...SURE! :D
Max pack that s4it up and put it in a fortune cookie.

Really guy the game stuff 4 the gal idea is out and out the worst thing to do. My gal would just get mad and I might not even see that troler again. And when it comes to cash 4 those flowers or what ever, Credit card or give plasma( something I would never do) Im a puss. Good luck

JJaX
04-12-2002, 11:39 AM
But if you do by the controller for her. Be sure to throw in a frying pan and a vacume.

Huckleberry
04-12-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
But if you do by the controller for her. Be sure to throw in a frying pan and a vacume.

LOL!

Hugh_Jass
04-12-2002, 11:56 AM
I know I shouldn't but it just makes me laugh to think about... her opening a gift and it be a game or the "S" controller. That would be funny. Her day is 5/4. That makes it hard in the $$ depatment with us, Morrowind and the "S" comin out the 30th. What would you do? HA!

Definitely get her the S Controller. After she dumps you there will be even more time to play XBOX AND you'll have a new controller, too! It's a WIN-WIN situation.

Afro Aura
04-12-2002, 01:01 PM
If she plays the XBOX as much as you, then I would take her for out for diner do what Max has told you and buy her the S-Controller as a "surprise present" to present it to her in the week I'm sure she'll be happy about that as it's random present as it also means that you're thinking about her, if she has trouble with those rather large controllers:cool:

kornavs19
04-12-2002, 01:50 PM
gey her a car. nahh . j/p
id say when she comes home from work have some nice cold crystal whine, a rose, and a card. When she comes in surprise her with a little something that she wanted. Then give her the flower and the card pur the wine, go into your room or the hot tub and have some sex.

OppiumNitrates
04-12-2002, 01:57 PM
... her opening a gift and it be a game or the "S" controller.

whats the "s" controller

tech
04-12-2002, 02:10 PM
Actually you could get her the S controller as long as you promise her that you will never ever use it. That a showing of love because she knows that you would want to use it but refrain because of her. ;)

l Maximus l
04-12-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

whats the "s" controller

The "S" Controller is the same as the Microsoft Japanese XBox controller. It's smaller...here's a pic for ya: (You will notice that it's a lot smaller in size and the black and white buttons are on the bottom and stuff)

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/media/tgs2001/image/xboxcon/controller_jp1.jpg

E-Xbox
04-12-2002, 02:27 PM

whats the "s" controller

lol....

its the new smaller controller....
being released in north america...
if i have extra money ova from gettin morrowind ill think bout gettin the S...

peace

OppiumNitrates
04-12-2002, 02:48 PM

The "S" Controller is the same as the Microsoft Japanese XBox controller. It's smaller...here's a pic for ya: (You will notice that it's a lot smaller in size and the black and white buttons are on the bottom and stuff)

Oh y call it the 's' controller i thought it was the 'jap' controller. . . .
guess cauz it smaller

anyway is it gunna be avalible in america. . . . if so when

E-Xbox
04-12-2002, 02:52 PM
its not the exact same as the japanese controller
there are some minor differences....
and its called S cuz its special..
hehe..

peace

l Maximus l
04-12-2002, 02:53 PM

Oh y call it the 's' controller i thought it was the 'jap' controller. . . .
guess cauz it smaller

anyway is it gunna be avalible in america. . . . if so when

Yes, apparently, it's available very soon...as in a week or so. I understand that it's available on-line right now...but, I am planning on passing it up, personally. I really love the current XBOx controllers and I figure, why get rid of a good thing? But, that's just my opinion. I'm not sure why they call it the "Type S" Controller...but, I do know that it's identical to the Japense Controller.

E-Xbox
04-12-2002, 03:11 PM

Yes, apparently, it's available very soon...as in a week or so. I understand that it's available on-line right now...but, I am planning on passing it up, personally. I really love the current XBOx controllers and I figure, why get rid of a good thing? But, that's just my opinion. I'm not sure why they call it the "Type S" Controller...but, I do know that it's identical to the Japense Controller.
tsk tsk maxy..
its available in North america on april 29th..well thats when it ships
and its not identical to the jap cont..
as ign compared the jap to the "S"
the "S" is a combination of the normal and the jap one i guess....
(btw...the "S" will be the same price as the normal conts..juss so u dont ask that..hehe...)
peace

wweomaniac
04-12-2002, 08:29 PM
You must be out of your mind!! I haven't read the responses but DON't!! She'll kick your ass (and you better let her) if you do!!

That would be your biggest mistake ever!! Some people can be so selfish!!

Get her a bracelet or necklace... (go for the necklace).

Don't spend too much so buy silver.

Hugh_Jass
04-13-2002, 01:34 AM
Buy her some K.Y.

Frostberg
04-13-2002, 11:01 AM
I think she wants some condoms with the controller...

crazyotto
04-14-2002, 06:08 AM
Thank you all for the help! The jar idea was grate and the thoughts on flowers make a good point. I know not to get her xbox stuff for her b-day... Thanx again for all the help!

Jiri
04-14-2002, 06:52 AM
Just Don't Get Her A Sony PS2...

If you buy your beloved girlfriend an Xbox, then be sure to get the DVD playback kit so you both can get together and watch a romantic movie and share popcorn under a nice warm blanket...