PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur II: Nuff Said!

Ninja Scroll
04-12-2002, 10:02 AM
Ever since the original masterpiece classic on the Dreamcast I have been drooling in anticapation for the sequel of the greatest fighting game ever made. In my opinion the title on champion of the fighter gerne once held for years by Virtua Fighter (part 2 being the apex ofthe series) is now in the hands of SC.
This game is in my top 5 most wanted list along with Hunter: The Reckoning, Shenmue II, Brute Force, & Halo Online.
Just a few new screen shots to wet your appetite for SC2 coming this fall.:)

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/032102/sc2/soul_screen007.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/041102/sc2_screen004.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/032102/sc2/soul_screen006.jpg

btw, post number 2,000!!! How about that! .... XBA without Ninja is like Soul Calibur without it's weapons. It just could'nt be.:)
Thanks fellow XBA comrades for making this possible.;)

GokuX
04-12-2002, 10:04 AM
Are these arcade screens or PS2 screens?

crazyotto
04-12-2002, 10:14 AM
Congrads Ninja on # 2000! and for the screens this is yet another game to pre-order!

FlyBoy
04-12-2002, 10:16 AM
Looks awesome Ninja, thanks for the shots! Congrats on the 2,000th post too. When this game comes out, my DOA3 will REALLY be collecting dust.:confused:

Spaztic
04-12-2002, 10:28 AM
thanks for the picks...game is turning out good! Looks pretty cool but I rather have MK.

l Maximus l
04-12-2002, 10:28 AM
Definately looks sweet! I hope to finally see what Soul Caliber is about... The way Ninja Scroll and JJaX, in particular, have described this game, it sounds like a fighting game right up my alley! I want Soul Caliber II and Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance!

JJaX
04-12-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by FlyBoy
Looks awesome Ninja, thanks for the shots! Congrats on the 2,000th post too. When this game comes out, my DOA3 will REALLY be collecting dust.:confused:

hA ha! you still play DOA3? (apologys to those who actually enjoy this game)

Im still playing SC on DC and its just as good if not better as when i 1st got it back on 09/09/99.

SC is the s4it!!!!! And The only game that can knock SC off its throne is the sequel.

Nice post, Glad to see people represent a real fighting on. Congrats on 2000 post too.

**JJaX proceeds to Sing the SC selection screen music in his own demented way**

!!!WELCOME BACK TO THE STAGE IN HISTORY!!!
YaH YaH Yah YaaaH YaH YahYaH YaH yah Yaaaaah!!!
Badidoooooo don don don dondon don don dondon don don don

GokuX
04-12-2002, 10:38 AM
The controls on the GC version can't be too pretty with the wierd button layout. As far as the XBox version goes, I'll most likely pick up a high quality arcade stick for $60 some odd when I pick this game up, so I can have the best gaming experience. I owned SC 1 for the PS and borrowed SC2 from a friend for what ended up being like a year or so because he forgot. It's a great game. My only complaint is that you can't get your character to fall off the edge of the ring when they are doing their victory posing like you could in Battle Arena: Toshinden for the PS. Now that was funny.

JJaX
04-12-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by GokuX
I owned SC 1 for the PS and borrowed SC2 from a friend for what ended up being like a year or so because he forgot.

Soul Calibur was only on the DC and arcades

I think your thinking Soul Edge and soul blade which are prequels

Liquid Gears
04-12-2002, 10:58 AM
Kilik looks sweet!! Out of all the fighting games I've played in my life: Ken Masters, Akuma, and Kilik are my favorite. I'm gonna try extra had to get good with him in the new Soul Calibur. You don't know what month Soul Calibur 2 comes out, eh? You only know what time in 2002.

JJaX
04-12-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Kilik looks sweet!! Out of all the fighting games I've played in my life: Ken Masters, Akuma, and Kilik are my favorite. I'm gonna try extra had to get good with him in the new Soul Calibur. You don't know what month Soul Calibur 2 comes out, eh? You only know what time in 2002.

Yeah kilik was really fun to use. You could dance around and beat down your opponent while show boating.

But if where to guess when it was coming out, Id say October/november 2002

Ninja Scroll
04-12-2002, 11:37 AM

Namco says fall 2002, so that could range from Sept/Oct, into the winter, but as long as it comes out this year im happy!
btw, that's fellow XBA comrades on congrates to my 2,000 joints!:)
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/041102/sc2_screen007.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/030702/soulcalibur2/soul_screen006.jpg

Liquid Gears
04-12-2002, 12:51 PM
Thanks Guys. By the way Ninja Scroll, ya got any pics with Maxi in em'

FOR SURE IT'S A BUYER!!!!

JJaX
04-12-2002, 01:21 PM
Thanks Guys. By the way Ninja Scroll, ya got any pics with Maxi in em'

FOR SURE IT'S A BUYER!!!!

Almost every SC2 pic thats surfaced you can find here

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screenindex/0,11104,534054,00.html

I dont recall seeing any Maxi pics.

Liquid Gears
04-12-2002, 01:43 PM
Thanks Man!!

Liquid Gears
04-12-2002, 01:51 PM
Sorry, but some dumbass said Maxi was I SC2 in another thread.
Now I'm piissed off!! I was getting all excited about him being in it. What's with some of these dumbasses on this site. If your gonna say something about a new game coming out, you might as well have a link for proof. Doesn't anyone agree?

JJaX
04-12-2002, 01:54 PM
Now I'm piissed off!! I was getting all excited about him being in it. What's with some of these dumbasses on this site. If your gonna say something about a new game coming out, you might as well have a link for proof. Doesn't anyone agree?

Characters officially confirmed by Namco so far are as follows: Xianghua, Kilik, Mitsurugi, Nightmare, Astaroth, Cassandra, Taki, Ivy, Yung Tsung, and Tarim

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/previews/0,10869,2855603,00.html

He might be in the game, But he hasnt yet been confirmed....

Ninja Scroll
04-12-2002, 01:59 PM

Yo Liquid Gears, did you ever play the original on Dreamcast?
If you beat the game with Maxi he dies at the end. It was kinda funny looking cause it looked like he accidently hit himself with his own Nunchucks!! LOL!!
I loved that dude yo!! Even though we was a Elvis ripoff and a cheesy character!;)

Maybe Namco will resurrect him for this sequel!:eek: I hope so!
Long live maximus,...er.. I mean maxi!!!:o :D

JJaX
04-12-2002, 02:14 PM
I hated Maxi. A favorite amongst the button mashers eh?

Ninja Scroll
04-12-2002, 02:16 PM
couple more pics for da XBA playa's!:cool:
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/041102/sc2_screen002.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/030702/soulcalibur2/soul_screen004.jpg
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/032102/sc2/soul_screen002.jpg

Liquid Gears
04-12-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

Characters officially confirmed by Namco so far are as follows: Xianghua, Kilik, Mitsurugi, Nightmare, Astaroth, Cassandra, Taki, Ivy, Yung Tsung, and Tarim

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/previews/0,10869,2855603,00.html

He might be in the game, But he hasnt yet been confirmed....

Cool, thanks man!!

Liquid Gears
04-12-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

If you beat the game with Maxi he dies at the end. It was kinda funny looking cause it looked like he accidently hit himself with his own Nunchucks!! LOL!!
I loved that dude yo!! Even though we was a Elvis ripoff and a cheesy character!;)

Ya, I did rent a Dreamcast once with Soul Calibur. But I never got to see Maxi's ending though. Now I know. You gotta admit, he was a cool character.

JJaX
04-12-2002, 03:17 PM
SOOOOOOOOUUUUULLLL CALIBUR!!!!!

Ninja Scroll
04-12-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
SOOOOOOOOUUUUULLLL CALIBUR!!!!!

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
CALIBUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D dont ask why! :D

Ninja Scroll
04-12-2002, 03:55 PM

Ya, I did rent a Dreamcast once with Soul Calibur. But I never got to see Maxi's ending though. Now I know. You gotta admit, he was a cool character.

You rented it on DC!?:eek: Curse you LG! You must buy this game, it is your destiny! I must kill you if you dont.
www.ebgames.com still has cobies of this classic!:cool:

Afro Aura
04-12-2002, 07:10 PM

It's a good thing he had that accident as I thought he was a bloody git to beat, he was in the same light as Kage in Virtua Fighter with all his moves

Got to say those are some fantastic pictures mate

GRAVEDIGGER
04-12-2002, 07:25 PM
This game is definately a must have, and will definately satisfy my need for a true 3D fighter on the XBOX.cause i'm 'bout to throw DOA3 out that window!

BTW, does anyone know about how many new characters they plan to have in this game?, or better yet, does anyone know where i can find out?..Aight thanx addicts:cool:

Untill next time...:mad:

Ninja Scroll
04-13-2002, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by GRAVEDIGGER
This game is definately a must have, and will definately satisfy my need for a true 3D fighter on the XBOX.cause i'm 'bout to throw DOA3 out that window!

BTW, does anyone know about how many new characters they plan to have in this game?, or better yet, does anyone know where i can find out?..Aight thanx addicts:cool:

Untill next time...:mad:

Yo Gravy Digga, Soul Calibur 2 is gonna cream da compo, but dont get rid of your DOA3 copy just yet!
You know the new booster-disc for this game will be included in the June issue of OXM.
Im looking forward to it. So hold on it for a little while longer, then after that you can trash it!:D

but I wont;)

Liquid Gears
04-14-2002, 02:18 AM

You rented it on DC!?:eek: Curse you LG! You must buy this game, it is your destiny! I must kill you if you dont.
www.ebgames.com still has cobies of this classic!:cool:

You bet your azz I'll be buying Soul Calibur 2 when it comes out. I'm gonna buy every good fighting game that comes out for XBOX. I love fighting games. Oh, and I rented DC a looooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg time ago. Like a year before the XBOX console was even released. Don't worry man, I love the XBOX!!