PDA

View Full Version : The New Max Payne?

crazyotto
04-12-2002, 10:05 AM
Dead to Rights! This might be old news but I re-read the preview in XBN and wow. This one needs to be pre-ordered! Its like Max but with so much more in the gameplay. Look for it in June!!!
Hoo-ha!

GokuX
04-12-2002, 10:27 AM
Cool. I'll be sure to check it out.

l Maximus l
04-12-2002, 10:30 AM
Sweet! I heard they were making a sequel, but, this is news to me that it's coming out so soon! Very cool news, dude... I hope it kicks the crap out of the first one. The first one was cool and all, but, it was definately no Halo :)

Brevity
04-12-2002, 11:38 AM
Is it by the same chaps? And will mr. Pain B in it? And Bullet Time?

DZNUTZ
04-12-2002, 11:53 AM
dead 2 rights is not a sequel to max payne...its completely different. its gonna feature some silmilar things to MP, but it will also have different aspects...some final figt type influence....you will have multiple weapons but also a variation of punch/kick combos....you'll also have a dog as a partner a la shinobi...that will attack enemies and retrive dropped weapons for u. crayz otto is right though..the game looks damn good and if your in a store ..take 5 to skim the article in XBN as he had mentioned.

p.s. its not by rockstar...its by namco

Brevity
04-12-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
dead 2 rights is not a sequel to max payne...its completely different. its gonna feature some silmilar things to MP, but it will also have different aspects...some final figt type influence....you will have multiple weapons but also a variation of punch/kick combos....you'll also have a dog as a partner a la shinobi...that will attack enemies and retrive dropped weapons for u. crayz otto is right though..the game looks damn good and if your in a store ..take 5 to skim the article in XBN as he had mentioned.

p.s. its not by rockstar...its by namco
Thanks for the 411. this thread needed that.

DZNUTZ
04-12-2002, 12:04 PM
np..thats what i'm here for.

dead 2 rights is supoosed to include minigames a la shenume and some pretty decent AI. as i said take 5 to skim article if ya get the chance.

that issue also has some great articles on Kakuto Chojin (previously titled Project K-X) , a fighting game that looks pretty slick .

and

a great massive article on the INSIDE: the making of halo

crazyotto
04-12-2002, 04:33 PM
I didn't mean to mislead anyone on Max Payne II! Thanx to everyone for the explanation and to clear up my mess!

xbaaddict
04-12-2002, 04:45 PM
Yeah that game looks awsome...this will be on my must buy list most likely.

crazyotto
04-12-2002, 04:48 PM

Dead to Rights (XBOX)
Release Date: 07/02/2002

DIGITAL
04-12-2002, 05:00 PM
wow you guys must of been smoking dust this games been old news for a while now it was supposed to be only on the xbox ,now its coming out for the ps2 first,the game still looks awesome!

Felix
04-12-2002, 05:21 PM
but i already beaten that game :(