PDA

View Full Version : How many games for XBOX are out, and . . .

OppiumNitrates
04-12-2002, 01:58 PM
how few of them support the coustom soundtrack. . .

these developers need to get a clue, its there for a reason

Hugh_Jass
04-12-2002, 02:38 PM
That is an XBOX feature, not a game requirement.

CodeMonkey
04-12-2002, 02:41 PM
I thought the game needed music manager before u could do that?

l Maximus l
04-12-2002, 02:45 PM
There are over 60 games available, as of now, for the XBox. Only *selective* games support the personal soundtrack option. The main reason for only *selective* games having this feature is that the developers of games want the gamer to get the intended feel of what the developer wants.

For example, while playing the mysterious and scary Silent Hill 2, the last thing the developer had in mind was for the gamer to bee bop to Britney Spears' "Oops, I did it again!" song :D

OppiumNitrates
04-12-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
There are over 60 games available, as of now, for the XBox. Only *selective* games support the personal soundtrack option. The main reason for only *selective* games having this feature is that the developers of games want the gamer to get the intended feel of what the developer wants.

For example, while playing the mysterious and scary Silent Hill 2, the last thing the developer had in mind was for the gamer to bee bop to Britney Spears' "Oops, I did it again!" song :D

thats understood when i play halo by myself i wanta hear the halo music cauz when the music starts getting heavy that means the fighting is about to also. . . but playing halo mulitplayer i would like to listen to some RATM or Nirvana while fragging my boys

i just think more games should be made with it

l Maximus l
04-12-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

thats understood when i play halo by myself i wanta hear the halo music cauz when the music starts getting heavy that means the fighting is about to also. . . but playing halo mulitplayer i would like to listen to some RATM or Nirvana while fragging my boys

i just think more games should be made with it

Actually, the idea to be able to listen to your personal CD collection while playing multi-player is a really good one! I agree! Maybe they will down the road...keep in mind that we are still playing first-generation XBox games, which were actually being made even before the final specs were finished on the XBox. Maybe second and third generation games will feature this.

Personally, I can't wait until the games format to 720p and 1080i and all be Widescreen capable! That's what I'm drooling for! :p

cornflake
04-12-2002, 03:01 PM
i made a list of soundtrack compatible games like 2 nights ago
Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2x
Fuzion Frenzy
Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
TransWorld Surf
Rallisport Challenge
Project Gotham Racing

OppiumNitrates
04-12-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by cornflake
i made a list of soundtrack compatible games like 2 nights ago
Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2x
Fuzion Frenzy
TransWorld Surf
Rallisport Challenge
Project Gotham Racing

and this is out of 40 games?
note: all sports games (yes driving is a sport) except fusion frenzy

Highlite23
04-12-2002, 10:27 PM
You can use my link below for a complete list of available games.:D

Spike Minoda
04-13-2002, 10:45 AM
max and i have our own ways. he goez the hard way and i goez
the easy way (http://www.xbox.com/Games/catalog.htm)

SnOoPy
04-13-2002, 11:10 AM
Here a list of all XBox games release....

007 Agent Under Fire

4x4 Evo 2

Air Force Delta Storm

All-Star Baseball 2003

Amped

Artic Thunder

Azurik

Batman Vengeance

Blood Omen 2

Bloodwake

Cel Damage

Circus Maximus

Dark Summit

Dead Or Alive 3

Dragons Lair

Dragons Lair 2

ESPN International Winter Sports 2002

ESPN MLS ExtraTime 2002

ESPN NFL Primetime 2002

ESPN Winter Games X Snowboarding 2002

F-1 2001

Fuzion Frenzy

Genma Onimusha

Gun Valkyrie

Halo

Hologram Time Traveller

Jet Set Radio Future

Kabuki Warriors

Knockout Kings 2002

Mad Dash Racing

Madden 2002

Mad Dog McCree

Max Payne

MX2002 Ricky Carmichael

Nascar Heat 2002

Nascar Thunder 2002

NBA Inside Drive 2002

NBA Live 2002

New Legends

NFL Blitz 2002

NFL Fever

NHL 2002

NHL Hitz 2002

Nightcaster

Oddworld : Munch's Oddysee

Pirates : The Legend Of Black Kat

Project Gotham Racing

Rallisport Challenge

Sega Sports NBA 2K2

Sega Sports NFL 2K2

Shadoan

Shrek

Silent Hill 2 : Restless Dreams

Simpsons Road Rage

Space Ace

Spy Hunter

SSX Tricky

Star Wars : Obi-Wan

Star Wars : Starfighter SE

Test Drive Offroad Wide Open

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2x

Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3

Transworld Surf

Triple Play 2002

UFC : Tapout

Who Shot Johnny Rock?

Wreckless

WWF Raw

04-13-2002, 01:20 PM
Music is an important part of the game and it helps set the mood and the general feel of the game. In Halo I love the drum sounds and the louder music when the action sequences happen, it gets you into the moment. Or in Blood Omen II when you're sneakin around in the mist, creeping up on the unsuspecting victim you hear that faint heartbeat...
In that sense I can see why certain games don't allow the custom soundtrack because it takes away from the game. But in other games, namely JSRF, I wish that the developers had included that feature. In JSRF you're just chillin on your rollerblades and grinding on stuff, and the music doesn't really play a signifigant role in the game. I really don't "dig" the music in that game. When I first bought it I thought that some of the tunes are ok, but when you're at a certain point where you're trying to figure somthing out and it takes awhile, hearing the same songs over and over get annoying. No matter where you are in the game, each area has it's same couple songs that keep playing over and over. You can't change the order of the songs either. For the people that don't like techno music, a custom soundtrack option for that game would've satisfied more people. Sorry to dwell on JSRF, but when people bring up the custom soundtrack feature, I just wonder why it wasn't included in that game.