PDA

View Full Version : Wow...has anyone seen this XBox Controller before?

l Maximus l
04-12-2002, 02:23 PM
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/features/video/x_box_dossier/screens/xboxcontroller_inhand.jpg

maneatingcow
04-12-2002, 02:26 PM
Interesting... I am lucky to have a green jeweled controller, but I have never seen one with a cut out X before... odd....

l Maximus l
04-12-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by maneatingcow-XBA
Interesting... I am lucky to have a green jeweled controller, but I have never seen one with a cut out X before... odd....

Yeah...that's exactly what I was thinking...it looks pretty sweet, though :)

E-Xbox
04-12-2002, 02:32 PM
NO!
wow...thats a pretty damn sweet controller tho!!
peace

sinizuh
04-12-2002, 02:35 PM
exactly the same, but the jewel is different...

l Maximus l
04-12-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by sinizuh
exactly the same, but the jewel is different...

But....of course :)

l Maximus l
04-12-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Motoko S9
Damn...I MUST have that controller.

Max...You know how I feel about those Jewels:

LOL....:D

:)

hehe, Motoko!! That was a blast from the past, man! hehe :D

thejoker
04-12-2002, 03:00 PM
If you look close to the black BACK and START buttons... they look like they are spelled in a diffrent language... I would say they are over seas and not from the US... maybe... UK

Later,

Ninja Scroll
04-12-2002, 03:03 PM
Is that yours waxy? Im confused!:confused:
It's customed,.. no biggy, just curious who's it is.:)

FaTBoi702
04-12-2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by thejoker
If you look close to the black BACK and START buttons... they look like they are spelled in a diffrent language... I would say they are over seas and not from the US... maybe... UK

Later,

no its not spelled in a different language, the picture is kind of pixelized and kind of distorts it. But it sure is an amreican controller

l Maximus l
04-12-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by thejoker

Later,

You know, I questioned that, too...however, if you look closely, I think the lighting actually makes it look strange in regards to the start and back buttons. If you look close, it says "start" and "Back" in all caps

l Maximus l
04-12-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Is that yours waxy? Im confused!:confused:
It's customed,.. no biggy, just curious who's it is.:)

Well, Ninja Turtle...It's not mine, though, it would be cool if it was...While I was surfing the web, I found this...It looked interesting so I thought I would post it. Pretty cool, though, huh?

Xbox Owner
04-12-2002, 04:18 PM
It's the same thing, almost, but still very cool.:)

Skarp
04-12-2002, 04:29 PM
Clearly someone just altered their xbox controller. Looks awesome though, I would want to do something like that. Try finding a custom xbox accesories webpage.

Wu3000
04-12-2002, 06:07 PM
but doesnt that controller look a little small in that persons hands.
maybe it was an early model. dunno just a sugg., the x doesnt look to be cut out. it looks like its under the plastic.

dunno
wu

stang46
04-12-2002, 06:37 PM
Guys I think on the back of the jewel there is a sticker of some sort that has the green color on it. This person prolly cut out the x and painted the space black. If you look at your current controller the black and xbox logo is not painted on, its some sort of printed paper pasted to the bottom of the jewel. I'm sure you could remove the jewel and put whatever you want there...

GRAVEDIGGER
04-12-2002, 07:13 PM
Well this controller does look pretty good, and very unique compared to the ones that i have seen.

Untill next time...:mad:

Woocifer
04-13-2002, 11:17 AM
Gravedigger I have to ask... your little "Until next time...." Are you quoting Reading Rainbow??? ;)

Anyways, this controller looks very similar to the prototype that was supposed to come out for the Xbox. The original final they wanted was to glow in the middle with some LEDs and have LEDs going up the cord glowing as well. It sucked too much power and would cost too much so they scrapped the idea. There are prototypes with the green jewel in the middle instead of the normal black with green X.

Maybe it is one of them? Notice how the analog sticks are kinda faded in colour? ew :)