PDA

View Full Version : MGS Question

y2kash_14
04-13-2002, 10:41 PM
Can someone please tell me what is Metal Gear: Snakes Revenge? I have no idea what this is

X-Factor
04-13-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by y2kash_14
Can someone please tell me what is Metal Gear: Snakes Revenge? I have no idea what this is First off, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Secondly, get this thread in the off topic lounge before I puke...http://atypically.net/smilies/vomit.gif

VenoM
04-13-2002, 11:53 PM
easy....first of all Metal Gear all started on the original NES....the first Metal Gear was called ....Metal Gear .....then after a few years konima release Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake i think it was called but the only problem was that it wasnt even released here in the states it was released only in japan and europe on the MSX system which was some type of computer gaming system which never made it to the usa....so Americans were left out and wanted more metal gear so konima made Metal Gear Snakes Revenge which was Americas metal gear 2 for the nes but the only problem with this is it doesnt even tie into with the original Metal Gear for the nes like the Metal Gear Solid Snake MSX version did...it wasnt even made by the same people who made the original Metal Gear or Metal Gear Solid Snake..it was made at another department in konima...the Japanese dude Hirro Ojimia (spelling of his name is wrong,give me a break hes jap and i dont know jap) the creator of MGS didnt even work on this one...it was a total diff story with just Solid Snake in it...so really before the psx version which was Metal Gear Solid there was 3 metal gears but 2 of them...Metal Gear (NES),and Solid Snake(MSX) were the only ones that tied into the psx version of Metal Gear Solid....and Metal Gear Snakes Revenge has nothing to do with the other stories...its sort of a side story which is why it wasnt really good.....to sum it all up.....theres Metal gear (NES) ,Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake (MSX), Metal Gear:Snakes Revenge (NES)...after these 3 comes the psx versions....Metal Gear Solid,and Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberity........if you really wanna get into Metal gear i recommend you play just Metal Gear NES version, Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake MSX version (you can play this one with an MSX emulator on your computer or even your dreamcast and then after playing those play the psx versions Metal Gear Solid and then Metal gear Solid 2 which i havnt played yet im waiting for it on XBOX =) well i hope this clears it all up for you....theres 4 true metal gears and 1 that has nothing to do with the story line....cya

VenoM
04-13-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by X-Factor
First off, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Secondly, get this thread in the off topic lounge before I puke...http://atypically.net/smilies/vomit.gif

i dont see why this should be in the off topic lounge....its a video game related question

y2kash_14
04-14-2002, 12:39 AM
Thanks for clearing things up for me Venom. :)

VenoM
04-14-2002, 12:42 AM
no prob :)

Crazy Joe
04-14-2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by VenoM

i dont see why this should be in the off topic lounge....its a video game related question

yes, video game related, but not Xbox related. i don't care too much, just clarifying.