PDA

View Full Version : Play XBOX in your car

Hugh_Jass
04-14-2002, 04:07 AM
http://www.gamespy.com/articles/february02/toys1/index3.shtm

The other notable product that was shown in the interactive hall of the show was from ATC Technology Corporation who showcased their GameGo Theater System that is ideal for long road-trips. An LCD monitor connects to the headrest of a car while the system supplies power via the car adapter and you can bring along your Xbox, GameCube or PlayStation2 -- even a portable DVD player. The 5.6" active matrix LCD display is as crisp as the current generation of mobile monitors that have been produced by Sony or InterAct while also offering stereo speakers and headphone adapters. With a product like this the coveted seat might not be the front passenger seat any longer!
http://www.gamespy.com/articles/february02/toys1/gamego.jpg

I don't know if this is a good idea or not. Is there any shock absorption built into the hard drive and DVD drive on the XBOX? I wouldn’t want the hard drive heads to smash into the disc platters, nor would I want my games/DVDs scratched.

Aussie_18
04-14-2002, 04:27 AM
That'd be pretty kewl, although it would suck if your xbox did happen to break if you went over a large bump or over a pot hole...

But hey it'd be awsome to play RSC or PGR while cruisin' down the high way :cool:

Good idea but unless you had something sturdy to sit the xbox on I wouldnt take the risk...

Cheers, Aussie_18

E-Vader
04-14-2002, 04:34 AM
I do most driving alone so if I had that I would proberly crash:D

I'd rather drive my car like I was playing rallisport ................. but then I would crash:D

E-Xbox
04-14-2002, 09:54 AM
yo.......
theyve dones this with pos2 kinda
where the passenger sits in the front seat...
where there feet are..the floor is clear..
cuz u can lift it up...and there is a perfect lil slot for the ps2...it fits perfect...with a lil bit of room...
and then the screen is positioned whereva....
that would make sure that the xbox wouldnt move to much...

hehe...

peace

Laxeph
04-14-2002, 08:46 PM
Do you think that instread of plugging this into your car you sould use a battery pack. This way you could play it on the plane. :)

gtaplayer
04-14-2002, 08:55 PM
lolol guys no1 in our status does these kinda things...this type of thing is for them cash money millionaires, big tymerz, ROC headz...only people with big trucks put this in there cars, denials, escalade, surburbans, expoditions, if u see mtv cribs u seen shaqs cars how there dropped and got like 23 inch wheels n 24 ad got switches on it...i can go on for ever

EDIT: also most of the people that do this all put the ps2 in there trucks...because they dont kno of the xbox and wat it can do(Note: i was watching Training Day while writing this post so i have no idea wat im talkin about)

FlyBoy
04-15-2002, 09:17 AM
I just have fun driving my Durango like Rallisport Challenge. Peelin' around corners and power sliding... good times (one of these days I'm gonna hit a parked car).:cool:

Brevity
04-15-2002, 09:24 AM
Freaken great Idea!