PDA

View Full Version : the US sales

Afro Aura
04-14-2002, 05:21 AM
I am so fed up in asking this question, but I've been reading and getting some negative info about the XBOX.
Flextronic who make the XBOXes are slowing down production as the sales in the US are waning, most of my friends think the XBOX is a dead machine (it's the cost over that does help either) so come on guys tell me the REAL truth hows in doing over there in US & Canada

I love my XBOX both US and PAL but I don't want to feel like a lemon over this purchase, if it's doing well over there thats fine with me Japan and Europe can spin if they don't know what the XBOX is capable of let them crawl under the less superior machine the PS2

PS: I put the PS2 as it seem to me it is a threat, with the Game Cube I'll be glad if that came into ring as I don't like the way the PS2 holds the market and are being so arrogant about it

It's a funny thing though they say the XBOX is dead but the don't mind coming down and playing it untill the early morning, even missing their last bus and walking home hmmmm:mad:

CodeMonkey
04-14-2002, 07:00 AM
I wouldn’t worry about it m8, I find a lot of people worrying about figures then they do playing the machine. Its still doing well over here, and the store I work at sell them on a regular basis. I mean remember when the ps2 came out, that sold at the same price.
I think more people would go for it in the UK however if they sold the console + a game for the price. As soon as we hit the right season and more people become aware of the machines performance that’s when sales will increase, i'm sure. Can't really say what they are selling like in the USA but from what I have read in this forum is selling like hot cakes……….
:D

Afro Aura
04-14-2002, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by CodeMonkey
I wouldn’t worry about it m8, I find a lot of people worrying about figures then they do playing the machine. Its still doing well over here, and the store I work at sell them on a regular basis. I mean remember when the ps2 came out, that sold at the same price.
I know but mate but some people seem to forget about that part
also people are earning more money now so wheres the logic in that, in their own word "Oh it's just a brilliant machine" sure it's brilliant if you've got loads of PSX games to play on it

I think more people would go for it in the UK however if they sold the console + a game for the price.
I do agree with the console + game but all I see is the PS2 sitting quite nicely next to the XBOX and thinking "I've got a game and there gonna pick me because I'm cheaper than you hahahaha"
I't a real shame because in most of the shops/stores I go into they have just 1 XBOX stand and about 4 PS2 stands why don't someone put down the spec on both machine (as I know one really knows anything about the XBOX) and then let them make there own choice

would you be so kind to give me a ratio of PS2:XBOX as I want to slap them around the face with some figures, even if it's 10:1 mate, theres a newpaper over here called "Metro" it's free, and all I get quoted from my friends is that the machine isn't doing well over here (Europe) and Japan, all I say "it's doing great in the US" this is why I need some answers just to get them off my back
damn leeches

See ya:D

xfan2k2
04-14-2002, 09:28 AM
yeah

dave_m123
04-14-2002, 09:30 AM
Of course shops are going to have more PS2 stands its been out over a year more than the Xbox and has a much bigger game catalouge. In game near were i live the PC has the biggest stand when compared to the othere platforms.

Theres been no proper confirmed reports of sales figures in Europe so it's not really fair to say its doing bad in Europe when we dont actually know. We know why its not doing well in Japan due to there bad taste in games and the fact they dont like to buy American even though the Xbox is a clearly superior machine.

E-Xbox
04-14-2002, 09:41 AM
xbox is doing fine in Canada eh?

peace

Afro Aura
04-14-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by E-Xbox
xbox is doing fine in Canada eh?

peace
what do you mean with that comment mate "xbox is doing fine in Canada eh?" that means its not with the eh?
it looks like you are asking a question to someone
anyway I've just looked at my OXM Disk as long as they bring out Superman and Outlaw Golf they can do what they want after that those games look FANTASTIC!!!

yall
04-14-2002, 04:11 PM
he's not asking a question, he just speaking canadian, eh?

Afro Aura
04-14-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by yall
he's not asking a question, he just speaking canadian, eh?
Thanks for clearing that up for me mate so it means "good", weird language you have there mate hehehe
just joking:D

MOlsen
04-14-2002, 10:12 PM
Afro,

Don't worry dude, all consoles over here have slowed down, yes, even the vaunted PS2. The good news is that the Xbox continues to close the sales gap on the PS2, at least in the 3 stores that I survey, a Best Buy, a Gamestop, and a Walmart. The Xbox consoles as well as software have strong sales. I really think when MGSX and GTA3 make a showing, the sales are going to equalize or tip in the Xbox's favor, then Sony will be forced to cut price. I still think it is even money that FFXI will also come over to the box, or Square will go bankrupt. I don't think Sony will bail them out a second time. It just comes down to the strength of the $US.

CyberBOMB
04-15-2002, 05:22 AM
The reason people say the xbox games suck is because they feel that game makers produce games for PS2 first and then Xbox. What they fail to understand is that you dont make a game in 3 months and then release it the next day. It takes a long time to make a game and the game companies at first were wary of the xbox and its programming styles. Every video game console uses different programming styles to make their games. Alot of programmers are preferring the Xbox programming style because its almost equal to that of programming to make computer games but with more power. Alot of game programmers have complained in the past that it is difficult to make games for the PS2 because they are reaching the limits of what it can do.

You should see Xbox equal to the PS2 or surpass it this summer because its having many quality titles that are Xbox only coming out. If Xbox goes online this summer they will have sealed the fate of the PS2. Imagine, its summer vacation and the kids with PS2 go to their friends house and see their friends playing online against 16-32 others. That alone will warrant a purchase of Xbox. But thats not enough for Microsoft, they want you to play the best multiplayer games for PC on Xbox. Games like Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Rainbow Six (Rogue Spear), Unreal Tornament, GTA 3, Halo 2 and others im forgetting.

What PS2 is missing from this is that its too little too late. Their console is a generation behind what everyone else has and they are losing confidence from its consumers. Why buy a console from a company that will just release another one in 2-3 years time?

Think about it. There is no way Xbox will lose against PS2

Whisper
04-15-2002, 06:40 AM
something wrong about that though, most kids will WANT the XBOX and XBOX online... but parents just dont get it... they would be like,

"Do you make the money"

"It's just another game system can't your Super Nintendo go online"

"70% of the internet users are on 56K, why should we get Broadband?"

it's what's happening at my house, and I don't think I'm the lone one... if Microsoft were smart, they would make it free, or at LEAST, a ONE TIME fee of like 30 dollars... but no more monthly bills.

l Maximus l
04-15-2002, 10:59 AM
I work part-time at an Electronics retailer and I, personally, sold 3 XBoxes last night. We had a new delivery two days ago and we received 25 XBoxes...now we only have one left. It's probably gone by now :)

The interesting thing is, we not only sell a ton of XBoxes, but, we don't even advertise that we carry them and we still manage to sell them out as soon as we get them. So, I wouldn't worry too much, Afro...it's doing great! :)

Afro Aura
04-15-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by wwfraven2k
something wrong about that though, most kids will WANT the XBOX and XBOX online... but parents just dont get it... they would be like,

"Do you make the money"

"It's just another game system can't your Super Nintendo go online"

"70% of the internet users are on 56K, why should we get Broadband?"

it's what's happening at my house, and I don't think I'm the lone one... if Microsoft were smart, they would make it free, or at LEAST, a ONE TIME fee of like 30 dollars... but no more monthly bills.
Yeah dude I know what your saying I'm using a 56k modem at the moment and I'll go broadband when the XBOX goes online

I've got my own place so it does matter to me as I don't have any parents getting on my back, when I went to get my PAL XBOX there were a lot of PC users so I feel they won't mind as they said "I'm fed up having to upgrade my PC every 2 minutes" and most of them had played Halo in the shop they where buying the machine from, but as you said I don't know how this online thing will work as over here we have to pay to have it and also have to pay to go online with the XBOX I'm not sure how the UK people will take that

I suppose having the link may do the trick for a while?

By the way you guys I ain't coming on line with Halo as I'm SH1T I got blasted though the head some may times you could use me as a strainer hehehe
Just give me the RPGs I love Phantasy Star Online :D

Highlite23
04-15-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
I work part-time at an Electronics retailer and I, personally, sold 3 XBoxes last night. We had a new delivery two days ago and we received 25 XBoxes...now we only have one left. It's probably gone by now :)

The interesting thing is, we not only sell a ton of XBoxes, but, we don't even advertise that we carry them and we still manage to sell them out as soon as we get them. So, I wouldn't worry too much, Afro...it's doing great! :)

As usuall the voice of reason..............

PEOPLE, I KEEP SAYING IT, MAX FEEL FREE TO CHIME IN............

IT WILL BE OK, DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Afro Aura
04-15-2002, 11:41 AM

thanks but how are the sales with the PS2 mate

Afro Aura
04-15-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by CyberBOMB

You should see Xbox equal to the PS2 or surpass it this summer because its having many quality titles that are Xbox only coming out. If Xbox goes online this summer they will have sealed the fate of the PS2. Imagine, its summer vacation and the kids with PS2 go to their friends house and see their friends playing online against 16-32 others. That alone will warrant a purchase of Xbox. But thats not enough for Microsoft, they want you to play the best multiplayer games for PC on Xbox. Games like Medal of Honor Allied Assault, Rainbow Six (Rogue Spear), Unreal Tornament, GTA 3, Halo 2 and others im forgetting.

Think about it. There is no way Xbox will lose against PS2
Thx over here I think it's the working people who are buying the XBOXes not parents for there kids, I think what we need over here is a lot more advertising, so the kids can pester their parents hehehehe

anyway guys thanks to you all I feel a lot better now :D :)

l Maximus l
04-15-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

thanks but how are the sales with the PS2 mate

Dude...we sell PS2s as well, however, the stock is jammed packed with PS2s. They aren't selling like XBoxes at our store, that's for sure! Also, we have tons of GameCubes, too.

By the way, I decided to call my store to see if that XBox was still there (I was pretending that I was a customer), and they said that they sold the last one this morning :D hehe...doesn't surprise me :D

Afro Aura
04-15-2002, 06:04 PM

Dude...we sell PS2s as well, however, the stock is jammed packed with PS2s. They aren't selling like XBoxes at our store, that's for sure! Also, we have tons of GameCubes, too.

By the way, I decided to call my store to see if that XBox was still there (I was pretending that I was a customer), and they said that they sold the last one this morning :D hehe...doesn't surprise me :D
Thx again it's a shame about the Game Cube I'd like them to come in a also stamp on PS2 but not a trample which I've like the XBOX to do hehehehe:D

guitargod711
04-15-2002, 06:36 PM
The Xbox will do just fine. Besides, Bill Gates has way more money than sega to fix any problems it may be having at the moment. The Dreamcast died cause SEGA had no money in case they were in a bind. I am not worried at all.

l Maximus l
04-15-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by guitargod711
The Xbox will do just fine. Besides, Bill Gates has way more money than sega to fix any problems it may be having at the moment. The Dreamcast died cause SEGA had no money in case they were in a bind. I am not worried at all.

Good point. Hypothetically, Microsoft could buy out the entire Sony Corporation (Playstation, TVs, VCRs, DVD Players and every other items that the Sony Corporation makes) over 7 times. Makes you think, huh? :)

Afro Aura
04-15-2002, 07:50 PM

Good point. Hypothetically, Microsoft could buy out the entire Sony Corporation (Playstation, TVs, VCRs, DVD Players and every other items that the Sony Corporation makes) over 7 times. Makes you think, huh? :)
Max + Guitar not to worry, I've realised the problem here when someones jealous they say nasty words I think my friends are REALLY jealous about my XBOX last time they stayed untill that they missed the last bus home and had to walk home LOL also your right MS is loaded so theres no problem there now what we have to do is to stop all those PS2 fanboy journalists to stop taking the pi$$ as they know there machine is going to jump through hoops to survive hehehe

Kortiz
04-15-2002, 10:31 PM
its the fact that people dont understand what the xbox can handle.

and xbox release in europe wasnt around christmas so i see why it didnt do the best over there. remember that Sony and Nintendo have been in this business a lot longer then Microsoft

No matter what is in bill's bank account, you cant go into something and rule from the start. it will take time and once this year is over there will be over 50 must have games out. enjoy what you have and play it to the fullest because you are worrying for nothing. PS2 is a great system but i think that with all that xbox has the offer we got the system that rocks....im biased of course but hell ps2 owners are biased as well.....all ur friends will wisen up when they see what xbox can do within the end of the year, now quit reading this board and GO PLAY HALO FOOL!!!

WOOHOO this controller is getting me off, WOWSERS! .hmmm better then a woman's touch? nah...but cheaper then a hooker HEHEHEHEHE

jschelm
04-16-2002, 12:08 AM

That is right Max, and I have said this many many times, but people don't seem to believe it. I went ahead and posted some of MS's quarterly numbers and the amount of wealth they are accumulating is just amazing. If you all are curious check out the thread in Gen. Disc. that says for all of you who think the XBox might fail.

Afro Aura
04-16-2002, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
its the fact that people dont understand what the xbox can handle.

and xbox release in europe wasnt around christmas so i see why it didnt do the best over there. remember that Sony and Nintendo have been in this business a lot longer then Microsoft

all ur friends will wisen up when they see what xbox can do within the end of the year.

Yeah they don't know anything about the XBOx and to tell you the truth I'm glad it wasn't released at Christmas last year, the reason, just think of all the awesome games that are being made for the awesome XBOX it'll be a gamers paradise at Christmas

Yep lets see how the PS2 stands at the E3 I bet you'll see it shrivel up in one dark corner hehehe

"OI!! ChickenSHHHH" less of your cheek or I'll train hard in Halo and kick ur butt when this XBOX goes online and I've got Broadband LOL :D

guitargod711
04-16-2002, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

Max + Guitar not to worry, I've realised the problem here when someones jealous they say nasty words I think my friends are REALLY jealous about my XBOX last time they stayed untill that they missed the last bus home and had to walk home LOL also your right MS is loaded so theres no problem there now what we have to do is to stop all those PS2 fanboy journalists to stop taking the pi$$ as they know there machine is going to jump through hoops to survive hehehe

My brother won't even come over to my house, because he's so gealous that i have an Xbox!!!!!!!!

Afro Aura
04-16-2002, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by guitargod711

My brother won't even come over to my house, because he's so gealous that i have an Xbox!!!!!!!!
LOL damn shame he doesn't know what hes missing hahaha