PDA

View Full Version : Xbox crunch sound from cd tray

adrianjp
04-14-2002, 07:17 AM
HI,

I ejected my cd today and when i pressed for the tray to recline it made a crunch sound and now everytime i recline the cd tray it makes a small scrapping sound.

Has anyone else had the same problem? and should i ring microsoft first or return it to the shop?

See my other concern is how can i save my games onto the memory card so i dont loose all my gameplay if infact they want to send it back as a defect?!

Thanks for your thoughts....

E-Xbox
04-14-2002, 09:45 AM
hmm..
neva heard that happen...
i think the only way to put the saves from your hd to your mem..
would be...load up the game...open save off hd..
then resave to mem card

oh well..

peace

blindrocket
04-14-2002, 10:47 AM
No you can transfer saves from the hard drive to the memory card via the dashboard memory control... I think.

E-Xbox
04-14-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by blindrocket
No you can transfer saves from the hard drive to the memory card via the dashboard memory control... I think.
maybe... i wouldnt know cuz i dont have a mem card
who needs one?

peace

blindrocket
04-14-2002, 03:29 PM
I don't have one either. :)

But I've read up on my XBOX.

Donaldson
04-14-2002, 07:28 PM
The problem has nothing to do with the Xbox itself. According to Maximus if you have less than 10 posts you have problems with your Xbox. It happened to me too, but after the 10th everything got better. It looks as if you only need one more post. So good luck.

CodeMonkey
04-14-2002, 07:37 PM
Sure it’s a crunch and not a rumble?
If it’s a rumble and u have been playing it a lot then FEED IT…………..

U sure kids not shoved an action man in its chuff

Laxeph
04-14-2002, 08:27 PM
I would go back to the store where you purchased it. If they want let them plug it in so that they can see the problem. If the agree that is a defective system and offer you a new one, tell them that you would like a memory card so that you can transfer the date from your old box to your new one. I think that they would comply with this, and if they don't, you can either beat everything all over again of spend $35 on a memory card.

Genesis
04-14-2002, 10:43 PM
I had something weird happen to my PAL xbox too...it shut off by itself for no reason. I was watching a DVD and all of a sudden it totally shut off. I thought i might've bumped the dvd remote but realised you can't power off the box from remote...anyone else had this problem?

Cheers,

GokuX
04-15-2002, 12:48 AM
Never heard of that problem Genesis. If it doesn't happen again I wouldn't be bothered by it.

KevinM
04-15-2002, 03:16 AM
Crunching huh?? Doesn't sound like things are in order in your Xbox.. would probably be the best idea to just call tech support and ask them exactly what you should do.. Better to fix it now while its still under warranty than to wait until its not.

As for transferring save games from Harddrive to memory card, its simple. Head to the save games area on the control panel, select the hard drive then with the D-pad move through your games and highlight the icons representative of each game (these are your saves).. then just select them and choose copy, it will then ask you where you want to copy them... choose your memory card. Done.

Hope this helps and that you get your Xbox fixed.. crunchy=bad.:confused:

Whisper
04-15-2002, 06:45 AM
you think that's a problem? my light on my XBOX started flashing and playing music... IN A BILL GATES VOICE!

"We'll sail the ocean and the 7 seas... I am watching you through a camera!"

of course, that didn't happen... but wouldnt it be freaky? just like those head thingys theyre coming out with

FlyBoy
04-15-2002, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Genesis
I had something weird happen to my PAL xbox too...it shut off by itself for no reason. I was watching a DVD and all of a sudden it totally shut off. I thought i might've bumped the dvd remote but realised you can't power off the box from remote...anyone else had this problem?

Cheers,

It probably overheated... did you have it in a small space (like a enclosed shelf of an entertainment center)? Make sure the fans have an area to blow the hot air cause if there's nowhere for it to go, there's no point in having fans at all.

l Maximus l
04-15-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Donaldson
The problem has nothing to do with the Xbox itself. According to Maximus if you have less than 10 posts you have problems with your Xbox. It happened to me too, but after the 10th everything got better. It looks as if you only need one more post. So good luck.

hehe :D

Kraft
04-15-2002, 10:54 AM
My dad's DVD drive in his computer made a god-awful noise when it opened and closed. It was just some dirt and crud in the gears, all I had to do to fix it was get some of that nifty compressed gas that they sell at computer stores and blast it inside. After that, no more problem. Maybe you have a similar problem. Been stacking your junk food on top of your box?